LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2015, 135th, MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
And money/contracts aside, there's no assurance that KK is able to come into the NHL at this point and be effective. He's not exactly burning up the KHL. He, the KHL, and the Wild, are better off if he works on his game over there.
On the NT he looks better than most NHL players I watch. Far better.

Reactions: thrillhous

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
When on the same footing with other Russian NHLers, I liked Kaprizov more than the NHLers (Buchnevich, Dadonov and Anisimov) at last year's WC.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Of course he does.
Now you are going to tell me that the russian NT is "worse than the NHL" and I am going to tell you that this is the usual NA fan ignorance and arrogance. Btw I was prerty much always right predicting how a KHLer's game translates to the NHL

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Looks like another 20-21 goal season for KK. 9th in KHL goal scoring and 40th in points.

Frankly bit miffed by the lack of production increase.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Looks like another 20-21 goal season for KK. 9th in KHL goal scoring and 40th in points.

Frankly bit miffed by the lack of production increase.
Don’t be. Players don’t develop at that linear progression that some expect. Sometimes things just don’t progress if staying in the same spot for years, and that could help Kirill realize the NHL is the next place to go.

Reactions: JohnLennon

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Now you are going to tell me that the russian NT is "worse than the NHL" and I am going to tell you that this is the usual NA fan ignorance and arrogance. Btw I was prerty much always right predicting how a KHLer's game translates to the NHL
Kaprizov has a game that show translate very well to the NA style of hockey. I like the grit and shooting abliloty he brings.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im a bit disappointed hes not lighting the khl on fire but hes still a good player. fyi i believe tarasenko had 23G / 24A = 47 points in 54 gms same age. kaprizov only 16G 10A 37 gms.

Last edited:
Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
im a bit disappointed hes not lighting the khl on fire but hes still a good player. fyi i believe tarasenko had 23G / 24A = 47 points in 54 gms same age. kaprizov only 16G 10A 37 gms.

his teammate grigorenko is the go to guy and future nhl star!!

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Kaprizov put up those numbers in 20yp season...

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Why is his numbers much worse this year?
Because numbers never tell you the whole story. He is easily one of the two top Russians outside the NHL alongside Gusev and they are head and shoulders above everybody else as you can whitness in every NT game.

I don't care much about their numbers on those two strange rich teams with all the rotation and coaching. The playoffs will be more of an indication maybe.

PittsburghHustlers

Jan 9, 2017
Stockholm
Because numbers never tell you the whole story. He is easily one of the two top Russians outside the NHL alongside Gusev and they are head and shoulders above everybody else as you can whitness in every NT game.

I don't care much about their numbers on those two strange rich teams with all the rotation and coaching. The playoffs will be more of an indication maybe.

Well that’s why I asked. I don’t get to watch him play a lot and wanted to get some insight on if he’s still as promising of a prospect even tho his numbers are declining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad