LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2015, 135th, MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Leipold is in the business of winning Stanley Cups and selling tickets/merchandise. Kaprizov helps on both fronts and checks all the boxes. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see him magically appear at training camp for next season. To throw out a couple cliches ... if there’s a will, there’s a way! Never say never!
:facepalm::deadhorse

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
no, it's business man lol.....

And you don't think businesses are checked regularly? You don't think the NHL actually follows up on transactions? If you think Kaprizov can be paid 2 million to persuade him to buy out his KHL contract without anyone finding out, you are naive.

It won't happen, because the NHL is a legitimate organization and the finances of owners and teams are being audited annually. Like I said: This isn't Hollywood.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
And you don't think businesses are checked regularly? You don't think the NHL actually follows up on transactions? If you think Kaprizov can be paid 2 million to persuade him to buy out his KHL contract without anyone finding out, you are naive.

It won't happen, because the NHL is a legitimate organization and the finances of owners and teams are being audited annually. Like I said: This isn't Hollywood.

And in addition to your legitimate reasons, another one (and it's already been said multiple times): he's legally obligated to give his current team 18 months notice of buying himself out. Without this passage of time, his contract isn't able to be bought out, no matter where the funds come from. His contract as it stands now, expires in 16 months. Last I checked, 16 comes before 18. It's a non starter.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
And in addition to your legitimate reasons, another one (and it's already been said multiple times): he's legally obligated to give his current team 18 months notice of buying himself out. Without this passage of time, his contract isn't able to be bought out, no matter where the funds come from. His contract as it stands now, expires in 16 months. Last I checked, 16 comes before 18. It's a non starter.
Not that I want to prolong this pedantic discussion, but could he and CSKA mutually terminate the contract? I doubt any of us really know what's possible/impossible at the edges of these contracts so it doesn't really seem worth discussing.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Not that I want to prolong this pedantic discussion, but could he and CSKA mutually terminate the contract? I doubt any of us really know what's possible/impossible at the edges of these contracts so it doesn't really seem worth discussing.

Mutual termination is always a possibility

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

If you have enough money and motivation, I bet anything is possible in Russia.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Mutual terminations happen all the time in the KHL. Only they have to be mutual and I don't see a reason in any of the three worlds why CSKA would want it. Thus the ongoing discussion about Kaprizov buying himself out. But then again, why would he want it? He never gave a hint in that direction.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Mutual terminations happen all the time in the KHL. Only they have to be mutual and I don't see a reason in any of the three worlds why CSKA would want it. Thus the ongoing discussion about Kaprizov buying himself out. But then again, why would he want it? He never gave a hint in that direction.
Exactly.

If a NHL club wants an European player, a NHL club pay a transfer fee to an European club. That is the NHL´s problem, they are not allowed to.

I guess CSKA would agree if the Wild paid 10-20 mil USD for Kaprizov. Or even 5 mil USD. No problem.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Wow, you are naive. The CBA prohibits teams from doing this. If the league finds out, the penalty could result in Minnesota losing draft picks in the future. It's just not worth the risk.
Draft picks? That would be the start. They would also most likely void Kaprizov's contract making him a UFA. I'm sure Leipold would also love the discussion with the IRS and foreign intelligence about paying millions to a corporation owned by the Russian Government under the table.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Draft picks? That would be the start. They would also most likely void Kaprizov's contract making him a UFA. I'm sure Leipold would also love the discussion with the IRS and foreign intelligence about paying millions to a corporation owned by the Russian Government under the table.

Exactly. But somehow I am the naive one for thinking they can't just send 2 million dollars to an offshore bank account :laugh:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
And money/contracts aside, there's no assurance that KK is able to come into the NHL at this point and be effective. He's not exactly burning up the KHL. He, the KHL, and the Wild, are better off if he works on his game over there.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
And money/contracts aside, there's no assurance that KK is able to come into the NHL at this point and be effective. He's not exactly burning up the KHL. He, the KHL, and the Wild, are better off if he works on his game over there.

Meh. It’s not always a direct translation. Based on where he is now, Wheeler should’ve been a 100 point player in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad