LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2015, 135th, MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
It's the unions that prevent salary disclosure in Europe. Just saying.

Sorry but bullshit. In most european countries salary is viewed as a personal detail like health information. Also in some countries the salaries are available from tax information (which is public due to relating to government) , but this only happens the year after the taxes have been filed.

Unions would love everybody to get salary info whether they are underpaid for any reason.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
In most european countries salary is viewed as a personal detail like health information..
This IS the reason the unions don't want it disclosed and it is considered wrong to disclose in general.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Grigorenko should get back to the NHL one day.
I agree with this. He was never bad. His development wasn't even that poorly managed, (other than needlessly burning an ELC year because no-one in the Sabres org can do math.) The expectations were just absurd. If he'd been drafted by the Caps, for instance, the would have given him 3 years to be a contributor, and then another 1 or 2 to play top 6, and he would have been fine. The Sabres would have been way better off if they had simply drafted a single decent center in any of the 8 drafts prior to drafting Grigorenko.

But, this is a Kaprisov thread. No offense to Jack Hughes, but KK is the best player outside the NHL right now.

Reactions: QJL

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I agree with this. He was never bad. His development wasn't even that poorly managed, (other than needlessly burning an ELC year because no-one in the Sabres org can do math.) The expectations were just absurd. If he'd been drafted by the Caps, for instance, the would have given him 3 years to be a contributor, and then another 1 or 2 to play top 6, and he would have been fine. The Sabres would have been way better off if they had simply drafted a single decent center in any of the 8 drafts prior to drafting Grigorenko.

But, this is a Kaprisov thread. No offense to Jack Hughes, but KK is the best player outside the NHL right now.

Hughes is nowhere close to being the best player not in the NHL, he's only 17 year old.
Other 'generational' talents like Mathews, Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, etc., etc. generally weren't in the conversation either at 17.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hughes is nowhere close to being the best player not in the NHL, he's only 17 year old.
Other 'generational' talents like Mathews, Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, etc., etc. generally weren't in the conversation either at 17.

He also isn't a generational talent.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin

This I actually agree with.
Could you image the dominance an average KHLer would have over the NTDP? It wouldn't even be a contest considering, from what I gather from stats, nearly all Russian U18 players are far from KHL level. Hughes is an amazing prospect, but he'd be completely blown out the water by upper level Euro league players.

Last edited:
Reactions: monsieurthibz

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i dont like the nick name "the shrimp", HEMI is much better (dob 4-26) . he has 9G & 6A in 20 games. not on pace with tarasenko's #s which is what im comparing him to. i believe tarasenko was a point per game at same age.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He's still signed through the end of next season correct ? Can his contract be bought by Minny and he can play in the NHL next year?

Anyone know for sure?

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
only the player can buyout his own contract is what others have said which never happens. hes not coming next year unfortunately. fingers crossed he'll come here after that. even if he only ends up being 2/3rds as good as tarasenko the wild will be a better team with him. im amped!

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
So best case scenario still remains the 2020 season. We could be in a lockout so who even knows then I guess.

Disappointing because he's such a talent

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
He's still signed through the end of next season correct ? Can his contract be bought by Minny and he can play in the NHL next year?

Anyone know for sure?
In theory, because he's drafted and on the Wild's reserve list and the KHL season ends before NHL, he should be eligable for the playoffs next year. Similar to Radulov and Sobtoka or equivilant to like Jordan Greenway for the Wild last year.

He will for sure not start the year in Minnesota. Best case is 2020 playoffs

Reactions: DJB

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
lets be honest here, this whole "he has to buy out his own contract" talk seems like nothing that would hold him back...I mean, how would anyone know if some funds magically appear from an offshore account for him to do this?? It is an honest question and the Wild could easily pay this kid out....the CHL has shady ass deals go down all the time, I am sure if he truly wants out, one call to the Wild and he wins the Publisher's Clearing House..this is coming from someone who truly wants him here...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought he had to give 18 months notice of a buyout? At this point, that would take him to the end of his contract, so...

All this has been asked and answered a year or so back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad