LW Jakob Pelletier - Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL (2019, 26th, CGY)

WildWillie

Jan 9, 2019
2g 2a in a 4-0 win today. 40 pts in 21 games. Definitely has to be garnering some attention for the world juniors.
He probably had his best game of the season last night. Was exceptional at both ends of the ice. Had a big open ice hit, created turnovers on the forecheck, showed speed blowing by a defenceman for a breakaway goal, and also batted in a waist high deflected pass for one of the nicer goals of the season.

Reactions: Dominance

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Obsessed with this guy. Would’ve taken Pelletier and Tomasino top 15.
Wish the blues could’ve traded for this pick :(:(

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Another 2 assists today and now has 42 pts in 22 games. Could find himself top 3 in the scoring race as soon as his next game, and he is currently 2nd in assists in the Q (after Laf). Hope he keeps it up.

Reactions: KapG

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
I watched him yesterday versus Halifax. He is a very smooth skater that handles the puck down low very well. His vision on the powerplay is really good and he seemed to quarterback their first powerplay more than the defenseman did. He was all over the ice (in a good way) and Halifax had no answer for it.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Third in league scoring with 3 games in hand on Pare and Laf. Needs 5 points in 3 games to tie Pare and 11 to tie Laf. I think Laf is obviously untouchable, but I can see Pelletier passing Pare.

Looks like Flames snagged a good one with their pick last year. He has exceeded expectations IMO, has taken his game to a whole new level and is leading the charge for Moncton.

I can't see Team Canada not taking him, he's playing too well and putting up huge numbers.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Poor Moncton. They had such a good team. Sucks that they have to rebuild when they were going to win the Mem cup IMO.

Reactions: BHD

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
He’s had a great world juniors so far. He really should have more of an offensive role but eh I guess it is what it is.

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
Who does Pelletier remind you of style wise? I watched him at the WJC's and his two-way play really stood out to me. Always was relentless on the forecheck and involved in the play. I thought he was fantastic there.

I haven't seen much of him but is a Brad Marchand type comparison accurate?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Who does Pelletier remind you of style wise? I watched him at the WJC's and his two-way play really stood out to me. Always was relentless on the forecheck and involved in the play. I thought he was fantastic there.

I’ve always thought he had a similar style to Marchand, so I would agree there.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
5g 7A for 12p in 10 games. These are really nice numbers for a kid his age in the AHL.

so while the numbers are looking good is he actually a force out there or are things just bouncing his way?

Expecting him to get a call up at some point or does he spend the entire year in the AHL?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Not style wise but as highly skilled energy guys Calgary has 2 on the team already in Dube and Mangiapane and the future looks bright in Calgary.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
5g 7A for 12p in 10 games. These are really nice numbers for a kid his age in the AHL.

so while the numbers are looking good is he actually a force out there or are things just bouncing his way?

Expecting him to get a call up at some point or does he spend the entire year in the AHL?

Watched the Heat v Reign game today and seen a couple other Heat games. Thought Pelletier was the best skater on the ice in a game that featured quite a few highly rated prospects. Always had his feet moving, disrupting forecheck, battled defensively. Scored a goal and had the primary on the game winner.

What stands out with Jakob the most for me is his playmaking. Great 2 way play, high motor, feisty around the net sure but really has a great understanding of where the seams are in a defense. Opens it up by moving his legs and has the skill to thread the needle.

He might get a callup if things go really wrong injury wise with the big club but unfortunately for him there's like 5 or 6 guys ahead of him on the LW depth chart.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Watched the Heat v Reign game today and seen a couple other Heat games. Thought Pelletier was the best skater on the ice in a game that featured quite a few highly rated prospects. Always had his feet moving, disrupting forecheck, battled defensively. Scored a goal and had the primary on the game winner.

What stands out with Jakob the most for me is his playmaking. Great 2 way play, high motor, feisty around the net sure but really has a great understanding of where the seams are in a defense. Opens it up by moving his legs and has the skill to thread the needle.

He might get a callup if things go really wrong injury wise with the big club but unfortunately for him there's like 5 or 6 guys ahead of him on the LW depth chart.
This is an awesome recap. Appreciate you! No Calgary fan but I drafted the kid a couple years back in my keeper and I’ve really liked his progression.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
B2b 3 point games.

now at 9g 16a 25p in 19gp

Damn impressive. sooner or later this kid needs to get called up right?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad