LW Jakob Pelletier - Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL (2019, 26th, CGY)

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
4 game goal streak, 8 game point streak (16 points.)
19 points in 16 games,

80 points in 82 career AHL games. as an 20 and 21 year old.

But for some reason, i guess not good enough for Calgary Flames to be called up.
Still very confusing.
I dont know if its confusing. We can compare with say Reichel who’s doing roughly the same statistically (72pts in 71 games), but at 19-20, and most think its ok to be patient. Also because the team sucks so

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I dont know if it’s confusing. We can compare with say Reichel who’s doing roughly the same statistically (72pts in 71 games), but at 19-20, and most think it’s ok to be patient. Also because the team sucks so
Or Peterka, Quinn, Berggren, Macelli who are all producing in the NHL…

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
What’s aggravating is the Flames need more skilled forecheckers - something Pelletier is good at. Meanwhile the Flames continue to roll out Lucic, Rooney, Ritchie and Lewis.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
yup

its all about where you get drafted to

Generally I would agree with you but for whatever reason Pelletier was downright bad in the young stars tournament, and looked overwhelmed in training camp. It also took him a couple of weeks to get rolling in the AHL. Glad to see he's back to being his productive self'. He definitely deserves a good look at some point this year.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Imagine playing Lucic in 2022 and not calling this guy up.

For real though what’s the deal? Your 1st pick from 3 years ago scores PPG in 80 games in the AHL, I mean usually he gets a tryout.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

For real though what’s the deal? Your 1st pick from 3 years ago scores PPG in 80 games in the AHL, I mean usually he gets a tryout.
Daryl Sutter is a useless sack of crap. Absolutely ruining the hockey for me rn.

Plays the prospects with AHL caliber players and sets them up to fail, gets AHL results, don't deserve a shot. That and Zary's contract is why he was sent down too.

Backwards organization.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007

To be fair, Lucic has a NMC, so you can't just put him on waivers and send him to the AHL without his approval.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020

We had one open top 9 spot heading into the season for a prospect, and Ruzicka has taken it. So the options are call him up for 4th line minutes, or demote someone from our top 9 for him. Lots of Flames fans don’t see a problem with him playing 4th line, but 2 games ago they got around 10 minutes of ice time and last game it was closer to 6. I definitely can see how dominating the AHL may be better than playing 6-10 minutes a night in the NHL.

The other option is to demote a struggling top 9 player to the 4th line, which at this point is probably Dube, another youngish forward. This move logistically makes sense, but opens a can of worms especially if Pelletier doesn’t run with the opportunity.

Most likely situation is how most of the teams in the league operate midseason. Wait for an injury, call up the most deserving prospect, let him try and prove he shouldn’t be sent back down when the regular returns.

Reactions: LennyV

Right Wing

Oct 3, 2020
other option is to demote a struggling top 9 player to the 4th line, which at this point is probably Dube,

And Mange and try Pelletier and Phillips with Kadri in the middle. What the hell, they’re not winning anyways

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Daryl Sutter is a useless sack of crap. Absolutely ruining the hockey for me rn.

Plays the prospects with AHL caliber players and sets them up to fail, gets AHL results, don't deserve a shot. That and Zary's contract is why he was sent down too.

Backwards organization.
Imagine winning 2 Stanley cups.... taking a non playoff team to a division championship the next season and winning coach of the year..... and some guy on a message board thinks he knows more than you. 🤣

Reactions: josra33

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Generally I would agree with you but for whatever reason Pelletier was downright bad in the young stars tournament, and looked overwhelmed in training camp. It also took him a couple of weeks to get rolling in the AHL. Glad to see he's back to being his productive self'. He definitely deserves a good look at some point this year.
So was Ruzicka. Sutter just hates players under 6 feet despite the fact about half the league is now under 6 foot tall

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
So was Ruzicka. Sutter just hates players under 6 feet despite the fact about half the league is now under 6 foot tall
Ruzicka wasn't waiver eligible.

He's also not that good. I watched him in junior and he is the same player. Not very engaged. He reaped the benefits of Lindholm and Toffoli playing well.

other option is to demote a struggling top 9 player to the 4th line, which at this point is probably Dube,

And Mange and try Pelletier and Phillips with Kadri in the middle. What the hell, they’re not winning anyways
Dube has been a hell of a lot better than Mangiapane. Especially lately.

Reactions: LennyV

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Imagine winning 2 Stanley cups.... taking a non playoff team to a division championship the next season and winning coach of the year..... and some guy on a message board thinks he knows more than you. 🤣
Imagine using an appeal to authority on a message board.

With this logic, might as well shut down the board since all the coaches and GMs know more than the fans (which they generally do, but that does not prevent them from being criticized either).

Reactions: Rayquaza64

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Imagine using an appeal to authority on a message board.

With this logic, might as well shut down the board since all the coaches and GMs know more than the fans (which they generally do, but that does not prevent them from being criticized either).

Poor logic.

Most posters aren't like you. Most people do more than just whine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad