LW Jakob Pelletier - Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL (2019, 26th, CGY)

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
His line with Khovanov and L'Heureux was dynamite. If they continue to play that well, Pelletier could be an MVP candidate, and L'Heureux will likely raise his profile for the 2021 draft. Of course, it's still early.

Reactions: Dominance

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
His line with Khovanov and L'Heureux was dynamite. If they continue to play that well, Pelletier could be an MVP candidate, and L'Heureux will likely raise his profile for the 2021 draft. Of course, it's still early.

If you don’t mind me asking, how did Pelletier look specifically? Scoresheet looked good considering it was his first game.

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
If you don’t mind me asking, how did Pelletier look specifically? Scoresheet looked good considering it was his first game.

Didn't watch the whole game, but from what I saw he was playing smart, making good decisions with the puck and showing some tenacity. On his first goal, grabbed his own rebound after a give-and-go and banked it in from behind the net. On his second, put in the rebound after a nice passing play. On the game-tying goal, late in the 3rd, he carried the puck in and threaded a very nice pass to Khovanov for the one-timer. Very impressive overall.

Keep in mind though, Bathurst isn't exactly a contender, so not the toughest adversary. But it's still a very nice start to the season for Pelletier.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Very streaky. 0 pts in 4 games, then puts up 5 pts in 1 game.

13 pts in 8 games. Will be happy if he settles in the 100-110 range (assuming he plays the same amount of games this year).

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Very streaky. 0 pts in 4 games, then puts up 5 pts in 1 game.

13 pts in 8 games. Will be happy if he settles in the 100-110 range (assuming he plays the same amount of games this year).
He hasn’t gone more than two games without points, not sure where you’re getting that info.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Moncton is destroying Cape Breton. Pelletier has 1 and 2 for 3. Up to 25 in 13 with one more period to play.

Haven’t watched him play, just track his box scores since I have him in a keeper league.

Surprised no one talks about him around here

Reactions: super6646

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Moncton is destroying Cape Breton. Pelletier has 1 and 2 for 3. Up to 25 in 13 with one more period to play.

Haven’t watched him play, just track his box scores since I have him in a keeper league.

Surprised no one talks about him around here

If it makes you feel better, even fewer people talk about Alex Khovanov.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Guy seems to have been solid, but again stats are only a part of the picture I guess. Also nobody usually cares about flames prospects anyway. Can anyone comment on his actual game to date?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Guy seems to have been solid, but again stats are only a part of the picture I guess. Also nobody usually cares about flames prospects anyway. Can anyone comment on his actual game to date?
He looks much quicker this season. I still don’t see elite skills that will translate to big NHL point totals, but he will be a ~40pt, play in all situations kind of player that gives his best every game

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
2 more assists. He’s on quite the point streak right now. Nice to see him putting up a nice season so far statistically in his draft +1 year. Points don’t tell the entire story, but for a skilled player drafted in the first round, there would definitely be some question marks if he wasn’t excelling like he currently is.

Go Pelletier!

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
2 more assists. He’s on quite the point streak right now. Nice to see him putting up a nice season so far statistically in his draft +1 year. Points don’t tell the entire story, but for a skilled player drafted in the first round, there would definitely be some question marks if he wasn’t excelling like he currently is.

Go Pelletier!

If he was a leafs prospect, he would have 20 additional pages already talking about how much of a steal he was (regardless of if he was or wasn’t).

28 pts in 15 games is a nice boost from last year. Hope he keeps it up.

Reactions: KapG

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
If he was a leafs prospect, he would have 20 additional pages already talking about how much of a steal he was (regardless of if he was or wasn’t).

28 pts in 15 games is a nice boost from last year. Hope he keeps it up.
I’m a leafs fan, don’t need to tell me lol

I too am hoping he can keep it up. Don’t see any reason why he shouldn’t!

Reactions: super6646

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
Man you guys are so lucky for getting him, this guys a gamer. He’s going to be great top 9 player for you guys, can’t wait to watch him once he breaks into the league

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad