LW Charles Hudon (2012, 122nd, MTL)

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
So impressed with his development as of today. Hudon playing great for team Canada at the 2013 IIHF World Juniors.

Great pick by the Habs! Good job TT!

sucks for him he won't be able to participate in the tournament due to injury. I thought and hoped this would be his coming-out party and pretty much prove a lot of people wrong.

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
sucks for him he won't be able to participate in the tournament due to injury. I thought and hoped this would be his coming-out party and pretty much prove a lot of people wrong.

Same thing... This really sucks :( Now to see how much time will he miss with this injury?

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
Charles Hudon

Simple question: Why is this guy never talked about? He's so under the radar. Should be a major player at the WJC.

BigNumber1Centre

Mar 19, 2010
Alberta
Not the biggest. Not the fastest. Not the strongest. Not the most skilled. Not the most physical. But he works very hard and has excellent hockey IQ. He can play a pretty decent two-way game, type of player who could probably fit in well up and down the line up for TC.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
He seems like a great complementary player to a highly skilled player. He gets in the right spots at the right times finds room and has a great shot.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Have only seen a couple Hamilton games so far this year but Hudon has been very impressive in those games and he's off to a great start on a team that under the current coaching staff has struggled a great deal to produce offense especially on the PP. Hudon in the very early stages of this season is among the top scorers for rookies in the AHL, he's such a smart player that has good vision and instincts. If he can just fill out his frame and get stronger over the next few years, the Habs might have a good one on their hands. He has had injury problems in the past so that's a concern as he is under sized but does have decent lower body strength..

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
He looks great!!! You guys think he could play wing or is he more suited to be a center? IMO, he looks like a center with his smarts and playmaking abilities, but geez, we'd need to make space for him...

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
I always thought Hudon would be a more than capable NHLer but with Montreal he wouldn't get the chance he deserved because of some prospects in front of him in the talent pool. It's cool to see that Hudon is doing so well and probably won't give Montreal any choices but to give him a real chance. I think he could be the first one called up if there's an injury. Him first, then Andrighetto.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I always thought Hudon would be a more than capable NHLer but with Montreal he wouldn't get the chance he deserved because of some prospects in front of him in the talent pool. It's cool to see that Hudon is doing so well and probably won't give Montreal any choices but to give him a real chance. I think he could be the first one called up if there's an injury. Him first, then Andrighetto.

Ignore the statlines Ghetto is clearly the better player and more NHL ready.

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
Ignore the statlines Ghetto is clearly the better player and more NHL ready.

I don't really follow Hamilton at all so if you say Andrighetto has been the best player then I guess he would deserves a call first. I'm happy to see Hudon is doing so well thought. It's refreshing to see because it's been a while since we had some legit talent at forwards in the farm team.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
both him and Nygren have been fantastic thus far, wonder when we'll see them get called up

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
He's talked about a lot... by Habs fans. Noticed this thread? :laugh:

Why isn't he talked about by fans of other teams, though? 'Cause he's a 'meh' prospect.

21 pts in 20 games as a 20 years old in the AHL (7th in scoring) does not make him a "meh" prospect. If he keeps it up, he will get his chance with the Habs this year.
The guy was on Team Canada last year at the WJC, he must do something right.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
21 pts in 20 games as a 20 years old in the AHL (7th in scoring) does not make him a "meh" prospect. If he keeps it up, he will get his chance with the Habs this year.
The guy was on Team Canada last year at the WJC, he must do something right.

I really wasn't impressed with him in training camp. DLR and Ghetto both seemed like far superior players in the little time we got to see them.

I haven't watched Dogs' games, but good for Hudon for racking up points. I'd love one of our prospect to make the team's top 9 next season.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I really wasn't impressed with him in training camp. DLR and Ghetto both seemed like far superior players in the little time we got to see them.

I haven't watched Dogs' games, but good for Hudon for racking up points. I'd love one of our prospect to make the team's top 9 next season.

You should never evaluate a player based on training camp or preseason. Last year, McCarron was one of the best players during training camp but went on and had an awful season with London.
Bournival looked like Wayne Gretzky out there but although this got him a spot with the big team, it doesn't make him a top 6 forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad