LW Charles Hudon (2012, 122nd, MTL)

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
How is he in his own end? For some reason I can't shake this idea that he's primarily a two way player

Don't know what it looks like with the Dogs, but when he was playing in the QMJHL, he was pretty good defensively.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I'm surprised you're not excited about Hudon.

I'd describe myself right now as "cautiously optimistic". Not sure where/when/IF he's ever going to slot into our NHL roster. There really aren't that many players that we can expect to be replacing any time soon (like Malhotra, maybe, or guys who are UFA in a couple of years like Prust or Parenteau?), and I see at least one prospect who I think/expect to win that spot/role over Hudon. Guys like Scherbak and Andrighetto will almost certainly push him out of top 6 wing competition, and I would expect De La Rose to figure in as a 4th line Malhotra replacement ahead of Hudon as well, but maybe a maintenance day for Manny this year gives Hudon the first crack. I dunno. Does he make a guy like Bournival replaceable? I'm not sure about that one. Is he replacing Galchenyuk, Plekanec, or Eller any time soon? Uh... no chance. So where will it be?

And honestly, as soundly as he plays, he never really impressed me live aside from how well he obviously read the junior game. Glad to see that he's making forward progress, though, instead of stagnating or regressing as the level increases. He's not an "untouchable" prospect, to me, so there's only so much I can care.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
I've been so hyped with Hudon ever since we drafted him. It's good seeing he's staying healthy with his past injury problems.

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
This kid is the real deal trust me. Reminds me a bit of Giroux sometimes the way he plays, very neat style on the ice. Not saying he'll become a Giroux or even half the player Claude is though.

RickyR

Dec 8, 2013
Not sure that he's going to get much opportunity anytime soon... Montreal seems to be pretty much set for wingers.

Andrighetto has been looking great in the NHL, and even he is likely to get sent back down when the team is healthy.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Not sure that he's going to get much opportunity anytime soon... Montreal seems to be pretty much set for wingers.

Andrighetto has been looking great in the NHL, and even he is likely to get sent back down when the team is healthy.

We've been pretty healthy for the past 2 seasons, he'll get his chance when we have more injuries.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Hits the 30 pts mark!!! Now 30 pts in 27 games. He is now 4 pts ahead of the second best scorer in the AHL. The most impressive thing is that he is doing everything as a rookie.

RickyR

Dec 8, 2013
So what's the thought on this guy? Is he this good? Is he the type of guy who puts up numbers in the AHL but is still a mediocre to servicable nhl prospect? Or potentially a legit underappreciated top talent?

He's on track to do what Strome and Kucherov did last year. Is he equiv talent?

Last edited:

Scuba-Steve

Jun 8, 2006
Québec
So what's the thought on this guy? Is he this good? Is he the type of guy who puts up numbers in the AHL but is still a mediocre to servicable nhl prospect? Or potentially a legit underappreciated top talent?

I have seen him play a lot in the QMJHL, and i always thought that his game would translate very well in the pros. But i must that i am impressed right now. If he can stay away from injuries, he's a top 6 foward in the NHL 2 years from now.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Wow... I haven't followed the AHL at all this year.

Just logged on theahl to see top scorers.

Hudon is 4th? as a rookie? Damn nice.

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011

I really love him since way before he was drafted by Montreal, but he is not as good as Strome and Kucherov IMO.

sync95

Feb 21, 2009
Ontario
Hudon will make a nice trade piece one day in the near future. He has bottom-six floor, 2nd line potential. I'm sure 20 teams would be willing to aquire some of the Habs' surplus. He is beginning to prove that he's not just a prolific junior scorer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad