LW Charles Hudon (2012, 122nd, MTL)

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I wouldn't put Colberg in the smallish player, 5"11 is pretty much the average size in the NHL, Gllagher, Gionta, DD are among the smaller player in the league (even though Gally ain't in the league yet) Hudon is 5"10, that's gigantic compared to the other three and even if that's not his real size he could turn 5"10 by the time he makes it to the NHL.

I can live with 5"10 players if they are surrounded by bigger players : Patch, Cole, Bourque, Eller, Bozon and Galchenyuk. But three dwarfs (Gio, DD, Gallagher) on the same top-9 is pretty scary. And the only big forwards coming ar either bottom 6 (Berger, Shultz) or long shots (Quailer, Avtsyn, Pribyl, Geoffrion).

But in the end DD, Gallagher and Hudon were either undrafted or Late round picks, so that's just a treat.

If you have DD, Colberg, Gallagher & Hudon in your lineup, how are you gonna surround them with big guys. If you restrict them to solely the first three lines that's four undersized players out of nine.

If those players make it, my point is that one or more of then will not make it with the Habs. They will be traded before they can show what they can do in the NHL. Something similar to Grabovsky

VL55

Aug 12, 2010
Montreal
If you have DD, Colberg, Gallagher & Hudon in your lineup, how are you gonna surround them with big guys.

Hey, first of all, if Hudon, Gallagher and Collberg all turn out to be quality NHL player, someone needs to make Timmins President of the world because he clearly can't make a wrong decision!

Secondly, Hudon and Collberg aren't that small. Only Gallagher and DD are really midgets.

Last edited:

NewHabsEra*

With DD and Gionta in the lineup and Gallagher, Archambault & Colberg in the system one feels that Hudon's chances are even more slim.

Archambeault? :laugh: He is not in the same league as Hudon..

Desharnais, the ultimate midget, cant survive to a Gally Plekanec Eller center line..

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
exactly

lol

Let's just handle the cup to Rimouski a team loaded with unproven players next year I guess and cancel the season.

F. Gauthier has proven nothing more then Dauphin
Desrosiers, their 2 euros, Gravel, boudreault, de Luca has yet to play a game in the league.

If we ever trade Hudon it would be at chrismass next year if our team disappoints but I highly doubt it. Let's just trade Hudon, Grégoire and dauphin right now I guess following your mentality.

Moncton should just trade both Saulniers and Quebec should just trade Duclair there is no way they beat Halifax next year :shakehead

we were less contenders then we are now before our moves of last year. things changes fast in this league..

I agree with you on one thing...

Things change fast...

I'm not gunna bother with the rest of your post..

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
so an inch difference.

there's 2" difference between 5'11'' and 6'1''

ill im stating is that statistically speaking he is undersized when compared to the NHL average. He is even still slightly below the average height of Mtl which is 5'11 7/8" so he is shorter than the average of the existing roster of F.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Archambeault? :laugh: He is not in the same league as Hudon..

Desharnais, the ultimate midget, cant survive to a Gally Plekanec Eller center line..

Same as you...I'm hoping we get solid return for Desharnais in a couple of years (package deal). In a couple of years...

1. Plekanec/Galchenyuk
2. Galchenyuk/Eller
3. Eller/Galchenyuk
4. Leblanc (top 9 winger/ top 9 center).

And, Gallagher, Collberg, Hudon, Kristo...the more the merrier...many talented forwards. Up to the GM to keep the best ones.

------------------------ ----------------------------- ----------------------

Quote by ''onice'':
''With DD and Gionta in the lineup and Gallagher, Archambault & Colberg in the system one feels that Hudon's chances are even more slim. ''

IMO...Desharnais will not be a Hab in a couple of years unless
they can fit Desharnais into a Plekanec - Galchenyuk - Eller - Leblanc (winger/center) lineup (all centers)...not sure how they're going to do that? I'd like to keep all of them but the salary cap tells you/us that one of them will be traded (I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time!).

Gilmour:
I don't want to make it easy for the Hab-haters to come out here!, but maybe I'm wrong...could it be that an NHL scout once compared Hudon to a poor man's version of Gilmour? if true...I'll take it! (I may have read that in a Hockey News magazine?).

Last edited:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
The Habs have great eye for talent.. it's too bad most of them end up traded within 3-5 years.

That was with ex-GM Pierre Gauthier!:cry::rant:

Marc Bergevin should be different (note: I did use the word should! he's already giving solid/fair long-term contracts to players I love...Price, Pacioretty...I hope PK Subban is next with the long-term contract...no rush with Bettman's THIRD lockout...the $#%^&*#$$%...who is supposed to fire this Bettman-idiot anyway?).

''Things'' are looking brighter thanks to main scout Trevor Timmins and new GM Marc Bergevin (just give Subban a long-term contract...%^&*#%!!!! ;) ).

Galchenyuk, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Gallagher, Hudon, Collberg, Thrower, Ellis, Kristo, Bozon, etc...

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2012
The Canadians had a killer draft!! It could turn out to be one of the greatest drafts for a single team in NHL history!

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
I agree with IHNC, he will play all his yrs in the CHL, than, a couple yrs in the AHL. One thing is for sure, Hudon is a work horse and will do what is necessary to get to the big league.

I agree with IHNC, he will play all This yr in the CHL, than, a couple yrs in the AHL. One thing is for sure, Hudon is a work horse and will do what is necessary to get to the big league.
I think the second is what you meant?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Canadians had a killer draft!! It could turn out to be one of the greatest drafts for a single team in NHL history!

Seems a bit over the top to me, while we'll see how it plays out over the next 10+ years but at this point I'd be surprised if it even ends up being Timmins best draft as it's going to be tough to beat '07 when your first 3 picks are McDonagh, Pacioretty and Subban. That's some very impressive young talent right there, which of course Galchenyuk is no slouch but after him we'll see how it goes for the rest as it won't be easy to top the haul from '07.

Then there's other big drafts from the Habs that will be very hard to beat like '87 when the first 4 picks were Andrew Cassels, John LeClair, Eric Desjardins, and Mathieu Schneider (over 4400 NHL games between them) or the '84 draft where they grabbed Petr Svoboda, Shayne Corson, Stephane Richer and Patrick Roy with the first 4 picks.

hockey365

Apr 6, 2012
North of MTL
Timmins and Dudley were at the U-18 in Slovakia and Czech. As you know, they've named Donald Audette as scout for Qc. His job description: Detailling every single possible info on every single player, Qc born or not. They're really putting emphasis on next year's draft, it should top last June's!!!

Marklar*

Timmins and Dudley were at the U-18 in Slovakia and Czech. As you know, they've named Donald Audette as scout for Qc. His job description: Detailling every single possible info on every single player, Qc born or not. They're really putting emphasis on next year's draft, it should top last June's!!!

so you're telling me they employed a scout to SCOUT? BRILLIANT

come on. Good scouting teams have regional scouts. Not rocket science.

SauceHockey

Retired
Jun 6, 2011
p
so you're telling me they employed a scout to SCOUT? BRILLIANT

come on. Good scouting teams have regional scouts. Not rocket science.
Some teams don't have regional talent that are NHL worthy and really can't scout there own backyard

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
He didn't progress as much as some had hoped, he's a smaller player that still has just average skating ability (was below average but improved this season), and also suffered a concussion during the playoffs.

You can't teach the offensive skill he has though.

This is true but smaller guy who is on average skater makes him a project and the Habs have a very small team already, not the best fit and faces a long journey ahead of him.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This is true but smaller guy who is on average skater makes him a project and the Habs have a very small team already, not the best fit and faces a long journey ahead of him.

Had a small team. Desharnais and Gionta are the only small players left on the team.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Seems a bit over the top to me, while we'll see how it plays out over the next 10+ years but at this point I'd be surprised if it even ends up being Timmins best draft as it's going to be tough to beat '07 when your first 3 picks are McDonagh, Pacioretty and Subban. That's some very impressive young talent right there, which of course Galchenyuk is no slouch but after him we'll see how it goes for the rest as it won't be easy to top the haul from '07.

Then there's other big drafts from the Habs that will be very hard to beat like '87 when the first 4 picks were Andrew Cassels, John LeClair, Eric Desjardins, and Mathieu Schneider (over 4400 NHL games between them) or the '84 draft where they grabbed Petr Svoboda, Shayne Corson, Stephane Richer and Patrick Roy with the first 4 picks.

Totally agree... don't overreact... Lets be honest... it has all the appearence of a great draft considering the talent available... but none of these players have even played a single NHL game... so lets wait a little before getting overexcited... cause it might as well turn out to be the worst:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad