LW Charles Hudon (2012, 122nd, MTL)

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
He still leads all AHL rookies with 53 pts in 68 games (including the game this afternoon).

And scored a beauty yesterday.:)

ColorfulWigglyAmericanpainthorse.gif

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Not sure there is place for him on the 3 first lines.

He could play 3rd line winger. IIRC he is very steady defensively so it might even be a good fit to make the 3rd line a bit more offensive than it is cycling Smith-Pelley, Prust or Weise through.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
The Hudon/Brown battle continues.

- 5'10 vs 5'11
- 184lbs vs 170lbs
- Late picks in 2012 (Both 94 birthdates)
- AHL Rookies
- Both drafted by their home town teams
- Fiesty, chirpy, leaders

Hudon 54 pts in 69 GP
Brown 55 pts in 68 GP

Looking forward to these two going head to head in Mtl vs Tor games for the next decade

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
The Hudon/Brown battle continues.

- 5'10 vs 5'11
- 184lbs vs 170lbs
- Late picks in 2012 (Both 94 birthdates)
- AHL Rookies
- Both drafted by their home town teams
- Fiesty, chirpy, leaders

Hudon 54 pts in 69 GP
Brown 55 pts in 68 GP

Looking forward to these two going head to head in Mtl vs Tor games for the next decade

Both selected to the AHL all rookie team. And the scoring race can still go either way.

Hudon 55 pts in 71 GP
Brown 57 pts in 70 GP

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Yea he looks good like pretty much all our rookies so far, he'll be sent back down when we get healthy but it's clear his development is coming along nicely

BenG

Sep 15, 2015
Montreal
- Apparently, his skating needs a bit of work.
- Some will also say that management is trying to 'hide' him in the minors to protect from the expansion draft, though I do t believe this to be true.

To be fair, he should have gotten a longer stint of 15-25 games by now.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
- Apparently, his skating needs a bit of work.
- Some will also say that management is trying to 'hide' him in the minors to protect from the expansion draft, though I do t believe this to be true.

To be fair, he should have gotten a longer stint of 15-25 games by now.

I knew he was injured earlier this season, but was surprised to see how many games he has played in the minors. Doubt he gets much time with Julien either, as his lack of giving young players a chance was one of the biggest complaints I heard out of Boston. Really hope he gets a chance though, he seems like he could be a solid middle six forward

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I knew he was injured earlier this season, but was surprised to see how many games he has played in the minors. Doubt he gets much time with Julien either, as his lack of giving young players a chance was one of the biggest complaints I heard out of Boston. Really hope he gets a chance though, he seems like he could be a solid middle six forward

As far as upside goes... I think he has the skill level to be a legit top 6 winger. Very smart playmaker, good shot as well.

He's not a speedster by any means, but I don't think that should prevent him to have an impact at the NHL level. He played 6 games so far in the NHL, mostly on the 4th line, and he got 4 assists.

I'd rather lose an Emelin or a Byron in the expansion draft than Hudon.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Anyone know why he hasn't gotten a substantial shot in the NHL?

Nobody really knows. All he does in the AHL is produce.

Either management really likes Hudon and wants to be patient with him, or they really don't like him and don't think he's worth calling up. Hard to say.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

Julien is far more likely to give him a fair shot than his predecessor. Therrien can be called the main reason he never got an extended shot. He deserves one, but I think they're going to try to get some veteran, proven, NHL scoring for the playoffs. Maybe Hudon gets called up when rosters expand.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
It's really time to give Charley a shot. He puts some amazing numbers in the AHL at only 22, plus he did really well in the 6 games he played with Montreal. And I'm not talking only about his 4 assists, but his overall play, even if he was playing on the 4th line and had some very limited icetime.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
In Bergevin's post-deadline presser today he said they felt comfortable trading Andrighetto because they have a guy like Hudon in the system so I guess he's in the plans...

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Kid has some great numbers. Surprised he hasn't gotten a longer look. :huh:

He was injured both times he's been called up. Bergevin said that the team's intention was to give him a long look at the start of the season, but his injury got in the way of that.

I have a feeling he will be called up within the next few weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad