LW Charles Hudon (2012, 122nd, MTL)

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Charles Hudon currently has 16g 25a - 40 pts in 32 games. Not bad for a player who isn't really supported by his teamates. Chicoutimi is not a force in the league this year either. Hudon is now listed at 5ft10 171lbs. He should finish the year near the 30 goals plateau and around 70-80pts. He did missed a couple of games at the beginning of the year due to an upper body injury. He has to step up his game..He's probably the best Quebecois prospect this year..outplaying Bussières. Although, the difference between Hudon and Bussière-Bournival-Danault, is that he has much more offensive upside and talent..just his skating and size is a bummer.

Here are this last 2 goals. Pretty goals and well positioned if you ask me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdV1TUHOpXY

Here's his goal for team Quebec at the Subway Super Series; Nice deke and feed to his linemate who couldn't convert, but he always has that hockey sense to position himself to score:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep04e8j3eiw&feature=related

Here's an example of his skating, which is not bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHBVlLr3_UM&feature=related

And finally, a compilation video of Charles Hudon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAgmLD4IYF8&feature=related

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
When watching his highlights I'm taken aback by his second and third efforts in the offensive zone. He doesn't appear to need a clean break or a ton of time and space to convert. He's seems amazingly effextive at converting on broken plays, when the puck is bouncing all over and things are looking as ugly in the offensive zone as they do in the nhl. That ability seems like one that could convert well to the pin ball pro game, and make him very valuable in the NHL where most goals almost look accidental these days.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I hate to compare but he is a Claude Giroux extra-light.

He resembles what Giroux was when he was drafted.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I couldn't help but to see a very similar player to Claude Giroux. He finished the year with 25 goals and 41 assists for 66 pts in 59 games and has 9 pts in 11 playoffs games.

But more importantly, he seems to have improve his skating a lot. He's still a pretty cerebral player to me and more of a sniper than his stats would show. I believe he can be a steal wherever he's drafted. Reminds me so much of Claude Giroux..

Golden55

Jun 30, 2007
I couldn't help but to see a very similar player to Claude Giroux. He finished the year with 25 goals and 41 assists for 66 pts in 59 games and has 9 pts in 11 playoffs games.

But more importantly, he seems to have improve his skating a lot. He's still a pretty cerebral player to me and more of a sniper than his stats would show. I believe he can be a steal wherever he's drafted. Reminds me so much of Claude Giroux..

I've been following Hudon since I'm a Sags' fan, so here's my take about him.

In fact, he is a perimeter player right now. He has a great hockey sense but he doesn't seem to be strong enough to win his battles along the boards. He's very talented though and I think he would be a good pick in the third round. He has all the tools to really explode next year in the Q.

Revo

Jun 29, 2011
Quebec City

I don't agree with the Giroux comparison. But yes he has the talent to be a very good pick in the 2nd, I think the kind-of-weird Sags season will make his rank go down more than it should.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
I'm from Chicoutimi, QC and saw Hudon play in the QMJHL playoffs, He has good hands and great hockey vision. Hudon only need to improve his skating a bit and maybe get stronger.

as a Sags season ticket holder Hudon played great, his A game vs Saint john and played very badly for what he his capable of against A-B and Shawi.

He lacks speed, lot of speeds, and involvement in the game. as golden mentionned he is way too much or a perimeter now compared to last year, he tries too much fancy.

what he undoubtely has is elite vision and understanding of the game, plus a nice scoring touch. His balance is also excellent, he protects the puck very well and rarely get it knocked off.

basically with the right attitude and coached/trained well he would be a 3rd round steal.

But I'm worried by his attitude this year I hope he lighten it up.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Charles Hudon

So I saw him play in the can/rus challenge and I was really impressed does anybody know why he dropped so low in the draft and what his upside in the NHL is how likely he is to reach it and what are his weaknesses and strengths

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
So I saw him play in the can/rus challenge and I was really impressed does anybody know why he dropped so low in the draft

Check out his stats. Kept the same pace really and didn't improve much like most 16 to 17yo. I believe some had him as 1st round potential but didn't put up the progression to show it

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
He didn't progress as much as some had hoped, he's a smaller player that still has just average skating ability (was below average but improved this season), and also suffered a concussion during the playoffs.

You can't teach the offensive skill he has though.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
main reason why I thought Montreal drafted best, getting this guy in the 5th round, I had him going top 2

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I saw him in game 3 yesterday, and I loved the way he played, always pursuing the puck, and relentless on the forecheck. That sice goal where he walked in and shot, cant wait to see what he'll do in junior next season and maybe Montreal after

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad