LW Charles Hudon (2012, 122nd, MTL)

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I saw him in game 3 yesterday, and I loved the way he played, always pursuing the puck, and relentless on the forecheck. That sice goal where he walked in and shot, cant wait to see what he'll do in junior next season and maybe Montreal after

no way he makes the Habs roster after his junior days, I think he will be in the AHL for a good year or two and it will be better for his development. Still needs to bulk up and get stronger

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Good little player works hard not the best skater. That is what is probably going to limit him going forward. I like his bulldog mentality. Maybe he ends up like a Dubinsky like winger in the NHL someday

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
He has tremendous offensive ability and great work ethic. My biggest pipe dream is for the Mooseheads to somehow acquire him. He would do wonders on a line with Frk. He's a fun dynamic player to watch.

Mediocre skating, injuries, and little improvement (although he became a PPG player) is what hampered his draft rank, but it still boggles me that he went 122nd.

I firmly believe Montreal got a steal with him.

Marklar*

Hudon always impresses internationally. However, he hasn't even been able to dominate the Q, the weakest of CHL leagues.

too small, not a great skater. Don't see an NHL future for him.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Hudon always impresses internationally. However, he hasn't even been able to dominate the Q, the weakest of CHL leagues.

too small, not a great skater. Don't see an NHL future for him.

The "weakest" of the chl has won the past 2 memorial cups. Sorry to get off topic I just can't stand when people write the q off as if its not in the same category as the other 2. Back on topic I am thrilled with the habs in selecting him. I think we will see some statistical improvement this season. He played amazing last night and hopefully he can crack the wjc team.

Marklar*

Saint John has been the best junior team the last two years, no question. Doesn't mean they don't play in the weakest league. They steamrolled to the Mem Cup this year. It wasn't even close.

Couldn't care less about Shawi winning a 3-4 game tournament though. That tournament doesn't really show you who is the best team.

The Q is filled with players like Hudon and is generally the smallest league with least amount of checking.

don't think scouts don't question how Hudon would do in the WHL if he switched leagues. He might get dominated there.

Marklar*

the proof is in the pudding. the Q doesn't produce as many drafted players.

Ryan English

@ryanenglish_FC
Nov 14, 2010
Halifax, NS
Saint John has been the best junior team the last two years, no question. Doesn't mean they don't play in the weakest league. They steamrolled to the Mem Cup this year. It wasn't even close.

Couldn't care less about Shawi winning a 3-4 game tournament though. That tournament doesn't really show you who is the best team.

The Q is filled with players like Hudon and is generally the smallest league with least amount of checking.

don't think scouts don't question how Hudon would do in the WHL if he switched leagues. He might get dominated there.

just like players of similar skillsets like Bozon and Ennis get 'dominated'?

ssh

May 22, 2008
Check out his stats. Kept the same pace really and didn't improve much like most 16 to 17yo. I believe some had him as 1st round potential but didn't put up the progression to show it
His points per game went up by 17% and he's quite productive for a player his age.

Marklar*

just like players of similar skillsets like Bozon and Ennis get 'dominated'?

Bozon? He's 6'1, 180+ lbs.

Ennis? A first round pick who scored 43 goals in his draft year so obviously a lot more skilled than Hudon, a fifth rounder.

Marklar*

Gallagher? Former Calagary Hitman Brandon Kozun (5"7, 160 pounds) ? Hudon would not get dominated in the W.

a little misunderstanding here. I didn't say that I think he would get dominated, I said that's what could be on the minds of scouts. You never know until the player moves up a level in competition.

we'll see in 5 years if Hudon is a somebody. People claiming he's a steal and will play in the NHL one day are premature

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
a little misunderstanding here. I didn't say that I think he would get dominated, I said that's what could be on the minds of scouts. You never know until the player moves up a level in competition.

we'll see in 5 years if Hudon is a somebody. People claiming he's a steal and will play in the NHL one day are premature

Just like saying he doesn't have a NHL future.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Real nice pickup. Reminds me of the Leafs D'Amigo pick a few years back. Two guys that immediately showed they were better than 5th round picks.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Oh boy. Yippee! We've brought up the topic of Q <<< the other two. Hudon would obviously be fightig for ice on western teams 4th lines ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad