LW/C Kieffer Bellows - Boston University, NCAA (2016, 19th, NYI)

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Weird he is going to BU not one of the Minnesota schools.. anyone know why? Kind of odd, you don't see the Minnesota guys leave that often other than to go to UND, Wisconsin or Notre Dame maybe...

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Weird he is going to BU not one of the Minnesota schools.. anyone know why? Kind of odd, you don't see the Minnesota guys leave that often other than to go to UND, Wisconsin or Notre Dame maybe...
Weird things happen, Kessel went to Minnesota despite being from Madison (supposedly Jeff Skille related). But I think its Keller related, and BU has a crazy class, and its not like his family have insanely deep roots in Minnesota, his dad was an OHL guy.

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005

Bellows committed to BU in June 2014, even before his 2014-15 season with Sioux Falls, and explained his choice in an NHL.com article.

"There's a lot [about Boston University] that really enticed me," Bellows said. "The coaches did a fantastic job. Coach [David] Quinn, [Albie] O'Connell; they did a fantastic job. They made me really feel like I was a part of the family as if I was a Terrier already when I got there for my visit. As soon as I stepped on campus, it really felt like home for me."

Just prior to his verbal, he scored a pair of goals in Edina's championship game win, ironically beating his current U18 teammate and future BU teammate Jake Oettinger of Lakeville. BU also has a third Minnesotan in Chase Phelps, who will be a junior.

A few sources indicate that BU will likely join Bellows and Keller with sophomore Jordan Greenway (6'5", 230, Minnesota 2nd round pick) to comprise a line that will challenge even veteran NCAA defensemen.

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I know it's very unlikely but what are the chances this guy is still left at 19 when the Islanders pick?

My guess is he goes 13-18 but here is how I see it

Jake bean has to be picked top 12 then...

13. Carolina - good fit but still good players left on the board, might go BPA, probably will avoid defense

14. Boston - might take a defenseman

15. Minnesota - Probably go BPA, but might favor a center if still on the board(McLeod?)

16. Detroit - another team lacking defensemen, although probably would like a center to backup Larkin

17. Nashville - BPA

18. Philadelphia - probably doesn't draft defense so good chance if he is on the board he lands here.

Last edited:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
He's not making it past 15.

Only reason Carolina doesn't select Bellows is if Brown and Jost are off the boards.

You have no insight on their draft list. These type of clear cut statements are common at this time of the year and they are always hilarious to me.

I remember 4 years ago people were ready to bet tons of money the Caps would take Grigorenko at 11 if he was available because he was a Russian.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I remember 4 years ago people were ready to bet tons of money the Caps would take Grigorenko at 11 if he was available because he was a Russian.

In defense of those people, I don't think anybody expected Forsberg(who was rated a top 5 player in that draft) to fall to 11

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
You have no insight on their draft list. These type of clear cut statements are common at this time of the year and they are always hilarious to me.

No need to get testy my man. Regardless of whether it's Carolina, I can't see 18 teams passing on Bellows. I may not have insight on what Carolina's scouts preferences are, but I do know organizational needs, as well as the style of play by Carolina, and Bellows passes both tests, more so than other players projected in that 10-20 range.

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
Would Boone Jenner be a solid comparison?
When I watch Kieffer play,the 1st player that comes to my mind is the F#%$ing All Star.Now I'm not say KB will become a multiple 50G guy,and he isn't as tall or heavy as Heater but to me they just seem to play exactly the same way.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Russo said that he thinks the Wild will take Bellows at 15 if he is still there, but also thought that he might be gone at 13 or 14. CAR might go for him, but I would guess that BOS would pick a Dman. There should be some decent D prospects at that point.

Bellows, as a LW, isn't a position of need at the moment, but i think they feel they can't pass up Bellows goal scoring potential. I have doubts about his skating, myself, and wonder if he will put on an inch or two in height.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Islander fans psyched he dropped to us. The stable needed a top tier sniper, we have a bunch of playmakers, so looking forward to him being the finisher.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Lots of Flyers fans wanted Hextall to take him at 18.

But it's hard to argue against getting both Rubstov and Leberge instead.

Still like Bellows though!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Lots of Flyers fans wanted Hextall to take him at 18.

But it's hard to argue against getting both Rubstov and Leberge instead.

Still like Bellows though!

I thought for sure Philly was going to take Bellows

I love what Philly did. Rubstov is a beast.

islesjuncky

Jun 15, 2014
new york
I know it's very unlikely but what are the chances this guy is still left at 19 when the Islanders pick?

My guess is he goes 13-18 but here is how I see it

Jake bean has to be picked top 12 then...

13. Carolina - good fit but still good players left on the board, might go BPA, probably will avoid defense

14. Boston - might take a defenseman

15. Minnesota - Probably go BPA, but might favor a center if still on the board(McLeod?)

16. Detroit - another team lacking defensemen, although probably would like a center to backup Larkin

17. Nashville - BPA

18. Philadelphia - probably doesn't draft defense so good chance if he is on the board he lands here.

This guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad