LW/C Kieffer Bellows - Boston University, NCAA (2016, 19th, NYI)

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Any relation to Brian?

ETA: looks like he is Brian's son which makes sense since Brian played in Minnesota for awhile

Last edited:

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
Now playing with Sioux Falls in the USHL. 20 points in 29 games. Any reports on him?

dwanmaster*

He has a ton of talent no question. I remember watching him at the state tournament this past year though and maybe it was because he was so young but he seemed really immature, basically your stereotypical cake eater whining to the refs and slashing everything in sight. Should be a good player though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Very strong for his age. Think he is more than 6' now, and more than 180... I'm guessing 200. Plays with an edge. Skating might be an issue. Physicality won't be. Anyone drafting him won't have to worry about him spending too long in school. He wants to play pro hockey.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
He had a hat trick tonight to get to the 20 goal mark. He's currently tied for fifth in goals scored in the USHL. He really seems to be coming on over the last two months.

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
He had a hat trick tonight to get to the 20 goal mark. He's currently tied for fifth in goals scored in the USHL. He really seems to be coming on over the last two months.

Two of Bellows' goal were extra-attacker goals to tie the score. He added a shootout goal, but his Sioux Falls team lost. Bellows has 16 goals in his last 18 games.

BU's 2016 recruit class includes Bellows, NTDP U17 points leader Clayton Keller, and Avon Old Farms forward Patrick Harper. A strong group of forwards.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Two of Bellows' goal were extra-attacker goals to tie the score. He added a shootout goal, but his Sioux Falls team lost. Bellows has 16 goals in his last 18 games.

BU's 2016 recruit class includes Bellows, NTDP U17 points leader Clayton Keller, and Avon Old Farms forward Patrick Harper. A strong group of forwards.

I also really like Hank Crone the star of the u-16 Dallas Stars program and now with Omaha of the USHL. Kid has amazing skills though he hasn't put up great numbers yet. needs to grow some and get more ice time, but I think next year he will have a solid coming out party as the Texas native has been a fav of mine for a few years now. BU certainly has some talent coming...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Bellows could go CHL.

yeah, I found it odd he picked BU to be honest..

.Portland Winterhawks seem to find ways to get these kids to report...I always found it odd that he didn't get picked until the 7th round, but I never got into the WHL draft like I do the OHL draft so things that go on over there I really don't follow that much or understand considering they draft an entire year earlier then the OHL and Q..

definitely a riser and hot commodity in hockey circles...let the BU/Portland battle begin!

dwanmaster*

'98's are shaping up to be a decent little class from Minnesota.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He is absolutely on fire! Player of the week again. I have to admit that he is really turning into something pretty special. If he goes to BU I will be surprised as Portland is going to put the full court press on!

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Hockey News listed Bellows as the projected #8 pick in their 2016 mock draft that was included in the Future Watch issue.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Seems to be one to keep an eye out for for sure. Who were the other guys in the top10?

1. Auston Matthews
2. Jesse Puljujarvi
3. Jakob Chychrun
4. Max Jones
5. Sam Steel
6. Sean Day
7. Logan Brown
8. Kieffer Bellows
9. Tyler Benson
10. Matthew Tkachuk

Ad

Upcoming events