Lucic is on pace for 11 pts this season

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Seriously though, what the hell happened to this guy? For years was a consistent 50-60 point scorer with a scary physical presence, and then one day he woke up and he's Jared Boll.

I'd say injuries have caught up to him, maybe too many fights and punches to the head. Hasn't this guy been concussed a few times?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The guy turns like a luxury cruise liner and has the touch of sledgehammer. He is washed up, and has been for some time.

Lucic has always turned like a luxury cruise liner, he's always been slow, it's just now he has no compete in him. When he was in Boston, what made him so good is the fire that he played with. He wanted to destroy the opposition every night and he would play mind games with them, a poor man's Iggy. He went out there every night with something to prove, now he simple doesn't give a crap.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
But I bet opponents tremble in fear when they hear Lucic plodding up and down the ice. Who would want to be attacked by a lumbering sloth? That right there is worth the investment.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I simply do not understand how such an effective hockey player can become bad so quickly? It's not like he is ancient or anything...

Reactions: koyvoo

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Lucic has always turned like a luxury cruise liner, he's always been slow, it's just now he has no compete in him. When he was in Boston, what made him so good is the fire that he played with. He wanted to destroy the opposition every night and he would play mind games with them, a poor man's Iggy. He went out there every night with something to prove, now he simple doesn't give a crap.

That kind of play takes a toll on you. There's a reason people say rugged warrior type players decline more sharply than skilled guys. It's because they do, almost without exception. I don't think it's compete that is Milan's problem, he's simply too slow to keep up in every aspect.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Terrible decisions by Edmonton and Calgary.. I swear, TOR is the only sane team in Canada at the moment

Reactions: holy

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Christmas 2017 is when it all went bad. He was having a good season up until then and over the four day break lost all of his offensive talent. He's had three long goal droughts since.

1 goal in 46 games
0 goals in 41 games
1 goal in 52 games (current)

Last edited:

Puckluck13

Sep 28, 2019
James Neal is just as useless as lucic. Scoring pp goals that anyone would score playing with mcdavid and draisatl on the pp doesn't make him a good player.

Alex chiasson had that role last year and did the same thing.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I honestly figured that it was a confidence thing that he'd eventually shake. But I'm really starting to think that his body just can't do it anymore. He doesn't have the muscle memory or the fine motor skills to be the type of player that he used to be.

Every year he's in the best shape of his life and I honestly believe him. He's just not an elite level professional hockey player.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
James Neal is just as useless as lucic. Scoring pp goals that anyone would score playing with mcdavid and draisatl on the pp doesn't make him a good player.

Alex chiasson had that role last year and did the same thing.

Sound logic.

Alex had 22 in 73. They still have Alex in the event an injury occurs. Neal has 12 goals in 22 games. He's a better player.

Meanwhile, Lucic couldn't function in any capacity. So they dumped for a guy that didn't fit in Calgary, but had a history of scoring goals. Lucic is slated for 11 points with a cap hit of $6 million/yr and Chiasson is on pace to double Lucic's output for 1/3 the price.

As long as Lucic is under contract, this trade is a win for the Oilers.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
and Eberle for Gagner (in the end)
Were not complaining about not paying eberle 6 million for his 30-40 points last year. I’d rather have the cap space than that deal on the books considering all the bad contracts the oilers have

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad