Lucic is on pace for 11 pts this season

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Lucic does have Scheurmann's disease. That doesn't mean he's not healthy enough to play. If his health deteriorated with age, he should retire... and a doctor would clear that. Just like Hossa's allergies got progressively worse with age.

This'll blow your mind but as you get older, your body starts to break down. Shocking I know.
May be becasue he don't play with Bruins now, cannot do stuff after the whistle. Hossa only makes 1M; Lucic is making 4~5M, a big different :popcorn:

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Lucic does have Scheurmann's disease. That doesn't mean he's not healthy enough to play. If his health deteriorated with age, he should retire... and a doctor would clear that. Just like Hossa's allergies got progressively worse with age.

This'll blow your mind but as you get older, your body starts to break down. Shocking I know.
So his Scheuermann's disease is real? Funny, you said it was made up.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
So his Scheuermann's disease is real? Funny, you said it was made up.

No, I was responding to the idea that Lucic should pretend to have back issues that require him to go on LTIR, to which you said it wouldn't be any less believable than Hossa's "BS" eczema.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I still don't understand why Calgary made that trade. Trading astruggling player with a horrible contract for a worse player and a worse contract. Should have just kept Neal and hope he rebounds. Lucic had no chance of rebounding as he has been done for a few years now.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
What a horrible trade. And James Neal is bad too, so Edmonton isn't off the hook, but man Lucic is completely awful.
Even if Neal was having as bad of a season as Lucic is it would still be a massive win for the Oilers. You can buy out Neal’s contract. You can’t do anything about the Lucic contract.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Isn't there something in the deal where if one of Lucic or Neal gets a set amount of points more than the other player, something happens? Does anyone recall this?
Calgary will get a third round pick when Neal finishes with 10 more goals then Lucic.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Trelving got completely fleeced on that deal. Here's Holland afterward:

giphy.gif
Every single Oilers fan too.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I don't really get why the first 4 games don't count. Did you expect him to score 140 goals or...?

Obviously players are going to have colder streaks and hotter streaks, especially goal-scorers such as Neal. But I really don't see the point in ignoring the hot streaks as if they didn't exist.

No one is ignoring it, but it wasn't even 4 games it was 3. Something like 4, 2 & 1 with one 0 goals. It's like someone scoring 6 goals in 1 game and at 10 games still having 6 goals and saying he's on pace for 48 goals. The one game is an outlier, like Gagner's 8 point night.

His current pace since those 3 games projected over a season is 16 goals.

He's not getting 40+ goals. More likely 25ish, given he's already at 12, which is still far above what was expected of him.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Guy is such a locker room cancer. No surprise he goes to Calgary and tanks the team (after tanking the Oilers for 2 years), or Edmonton looks so connected with him gone

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Guy is such a locker room cancer. No surprise he goes to Calgary and tanks the team (after tanking the Oilers for 2 years), or Edmonton looks so connected with him gone
The Kings sure turned things around once Lucic left. :sarcasm:

What makes him a locker room cancer? I've never heard anything of the sort regarding Lucic. Seems like there's plenty of negative things to say about his play and contract.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Showed you all up today with an assist. 4 ft backhand pass off the boards to Ryan who takes it, skates 20 ft into a crowd of 4 Avs towards the middle of the zone, somehow ends up open still with the puck surrounded by the 4 Avs and roofs it.

Lucic made it all happen. Now on pace for 15 points.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Has more assists than James "the fakest of deals" Neal on the year.

#winner
#truth
#reignitetheflame

Reactions: Schred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad