Lucic is on pace for 11 pts this season

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
Neal isn’t particularly amazing. He’s basically one of the new “getting points being on a team with McDavid and Drai” guys.
Thing is, Lucic couldn’t even do that.

Reactions: Chompchompr

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Lucic is a better bottom 6 player than Neal. He's not expected to score. Obviously if Neal is scoring 35 goals that is gigantic but I don't think he'd have as many points as Lucic on the Flames. Calgary's mistake was signing Neal, that screwed us. Lucic is trying to paint a turd gold.

Lucic isn't a better anything. He's an AHL calibre player.

1 goal in his last 52 games. This despite getting PP time throughout.

Well he is a better face puncher. Look at how much he's helped Gaudreau's production by making Johnny feel six inches taller ... oh wait.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
BUT ........all the penalties are supposed to win a Stanley Cup for the lame .lol haha you guys were taken to the woodshed by holland ..LONG LIVE HOLLAND AND SICK IT LAMES

Esko

Sep 23, 2015
I honestly suspect that Lucic and the Calgary Flames will visit the idea of putting Lucic on the LTIR next season with something related to his back and Scheuermann's disease.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I honestly suspect that Lucic and the Calgary Flames will visit the idea of putting Lucic on the LTIR next season with something related to his back and Scheuermann's disease.

They could try I guess.

Might be hard to pull it off when the guy has only missed a handful of games over the last decade though.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Sure. Lucic has 3 points. Eriksson has none.
But I doubt that you will find a single Canucks fan who thought Eriksson would have a good year this year. Whereas after the trade this summer a good number of Calgary fans said they expected Looch to have a bounce back year now that he was out of Edmonton.
Both players are terrible but Lucic is signed for one extra year at that cap rate.

I don't really care about the Lucic vs Eriksson pissing match - they both suck.

The 2016 UFA crop, Okposo, Backes, Lucic, Eriksson, Nielsen, and Boedker have played a combined total 82 games. They've scored a combined 10 pts.

Take out Okposo and it's 5 pts over 63 games.

Okposo's now injured with yet another concussion.

Ladd has been waived and hasn't played a game this season.

Reimer was bought out this offseason.

The overpayment and decline of the 2016 UFA class in incredible.

Reactions: MikeK

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
They could try I guess.

Might be hard to pull it off when the guy has only missed a handful of games over the last decade though.
It would still raise less eyebrows that the "Hossa is suddenly allergic to his hockey equipment, shockingly just as his pay nose-dives." BS excuse.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
One of the worst players in the league, if not the outright worse. There are quite a few young AHL goons than should be getting his icetime to prove themselves

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
To think he almost signed with the Habs lol
Bergevin almost shot himself in the foot, but he miss

Esko

Sep 23, 2015
They could try I guess.

As mentioned by a different poster I think the Marian Hossa allergic reaction LTIR example shows that even though a player hasn't missed games in previous seasons, they can still find a way onto the LTIR. I think Scheuermann's disease actually gives Lucic a realistic path of finding his way to the LTIR.

The money is too good. No sane player would give up the money and retire unless his health was at threat.

In Lucic's case I don't know for certain if his health is at threat but if he goes the route of LTIR he isn't sacrificing any money. Scheuermann's disease gives Lucic a scapegoat so to speak in regards to why his play has fallen off so much. Pure speculation on my behalf but I imagine going from one of the most feared players in the league, and being a player that most franchises would love to have, to becoming arguably the worst player in the NHL has got to be taxing mentally. I see a clear benefit for both parties involved and not a lot of downside to pursue this possibility.

I will be shocked if Lucic finishes out his contract.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
One of the worst players in the league, if not the outright worse. There are quite a few young AHL goons than should be getting his icetime to prove themselves

not even close. Flames fans have been ok with how he has played so far. Sure we would like some goals but overall he's been solid. Worst player in the league is just stupid observation to make.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Neal isn’t particularly amazing. He’s basically one of the new “getting points being on a team with McDavid and Drai” guys.
Thing is, Lucic couldn’t even do that.

Neal barely gets to play with McDavid and Drai at even strength. Oilers fans will recall Lucic being constantly glued to McDavid's hip in McLellan's sad attempts to get him going, which didn't work for 2 straight years. So glad that is over.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Unlike Lucic and his made up Scheuermann's disease?

Lucic does have Scheurmann's disease. That doesn't mean he's not healthy enough to play. If his health deteriorated with age, he should retire... and a doctor would clear that. Just like Hossa's allergies got progressively worse with age.

This'll blow your mind but as you get older, your body starts to break down. Shocking I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad