Rumor: "Lots of guys available (via trade)" per GR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
No offense, you didn't even read thru or try to understand what little I typed that you called useless because it was too vague, why would I bother typing any more and all I usually type just to go ignored or misunderstood again?? Well fine, same reason I keep going to Panthers games and will continue to go, here ya go:

Please read this out loud to yourself, as this is now the 3rd time posting this sentence(question*) now: "Is Bob not getting to the pucks because he's inadequate or because of a defensive disconnect? It doesn't matter? Then it's my strongest opinion that someone who thinks like that has a useless opinion."

Judging by my usual rhetoric that I do usually type obviously too much to support, if you had to guess which of the two I'd pick(because against your implication, I didn't choose one) why would you think I think it's because Bob is inadequate all of a sudden? You disagreed with something I wouldn't and didn't say to try to turn the useless around on me?

I love Bobrovsky, my lack of enthusiasm to go after him was never about his Vezina caliber ability and I have said as much. I wear Montembeault's jersey to every game.

Try to understand why I find this kinda frustrating brotha...
Come on, I never said that what you said was too vague. Who isn't reading now... I said your post was useless because it brought nothing to the conversation. Try to understand/read what I type...

You should stop repeating the same awkward question and try to come up with something pertinent and clear.

Your usual rhetoric is awkward and filled with unessary tangents. Also, I don't keep track of you position on things. So I don't assume anything and no one should have to. Just write clearly. Normal people would say "stoping the pucks" not "getting to pucks" because they don't mean the same thing. You want me to assume that you don't use words properly? Nah, I give you more credit than that.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Is Bob really going to get that term though? We've seen how teams have become smarter during the past couple of years with contracts to guys that are on the wrong side of 30. Plus Bob is coming off a terrible season and performance always affects the player's next contract.

On top of that, which team can even offer him 7x7? Even Columbus is having their own struggles with capspace.

Canes (capspace & need, cheap owner and Darling's contract already as a burden)
Islanders (capspace & need)
Flyers (capspace & need, I really doubt it though lol)
Sens (cheap owner)
Hawks (capspace is a little tight, but Crawford could be retiring)
Wings (capspace & need, if Howard doesn't get signed)

I'd offer 5x5 and sell Bob on earning more with Florida taxes.

I do not see the isles in the mix for Bob.Especially, with the report he wants a Price like contract.

Isles are happy with Lehner, who would need an extension.
Greiss has 1-2 more seasons on his contract.
Sorokin has 1 more yr on his contract, but reportedly wants to come over this summer.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Come on, I never said that what you said was too vague. Who isn't reading now... I said your post was useless because it brought nothing to the conversation. Try to understand/read what I type...

You should stop repeating the same awkward question and try to come up with something pertinent and clear.

Your usual rhetoric is awkward and filled with unessary tangents. Also, I don't keep track of you position on things. So I don't assume anything and no one should have to. Just write clearly. Normal people would say "stoping the pucks" not "getting to pucks" because they don't mean the same thing. You want me to assume that you don't use words properly? Nah, I give you more credit than that.
Actually you said "I called your opinion useless because instead of explaining why you think that Bob will bounce back and why our defensive faults wouldn't lead to a similar level of problems for him, you just laughed it off"

In other words, you called my opinion useless because I didn't explain myself. As in- too vague.

NOW you're changing it to "because it brings nothing to the conversation."

Also, if you don't keep track of my position on things, how can you say my usual rhetoric is... anything?

Normal people can't tell that "stopping the pucks" and "getting to the pucks" means the same thing? LOL

OK- "is he not stopping the pucks because he lost his ability or because his team has let him down?"
^rephrased, still means the same thing.

You don't understand what I said? Ask. Don't [mod] incorrectly nitpick at things you don't understand while telling me I don't understand. Really.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
not to overshadow panarin but lets not forget that Stone would be equally as huge of a signing potentially. between his production, consistent shooting %, and incredible D play, he'd be equally as big to get and probably signs for a touch cheaper. panarin is the preferred, but stone is insane too

Last edited:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
not to overshadow panarin but lets not forget that Stone would be equally as huge of a signing potentially. between his production, consistent shooting %, and incredible D play, he'd be equally as big to get and probably signs for a touch cheaper. panarin is the preferred, but stone is insane too
Yup

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Agreed. Stone would more beneficial to this team.

I think it would be mistake to trade Brassard asap because I've always seen him as a Briere-type big game player.

Sign both of 'em and let's have a Sens' Cup-run reunion.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Sign Bob. Trade for Pietroangelo

Get Stone, re up Brassard and Sheahan.

Stone Barkov Dadonov
Huberdeau Trocheck Vatrano
Brassard Borgstrom Hoffman
Hawryluk Sheahan Sceviour

Yandle Ekblad
Matheson Pietroangelo
McCoshen Weegar

Bobrovsky.

Even better trade Matheson in the deal for Pietrangelo

Reactions: ShootIt

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Sign Bob. Trade for Pietroangelo

Get Stone, re up Brassard and Sheahan.

Stone Barkov Dadonov
Huberdeau Trocheck Vatrano
Brassard Borgstrom Hoffman
Hawryluk Sheahan Sceviour

Yandle Ekblad
Matheson Pietroangelo
McCoshen Weegar

Bobrovsky.
That would be one hell of a team.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Agreed. Stone would more beneficial to this team.

I think it would be mistake to trade Brassard asap because I've always seen him as a Briere-type big game player.

Sign both of 'em and let's have a Sens' Cup-run reunion.
Hell yeah he is, I haven't been one of the bunch callin em BrassGOD all these years for nothing!

He always looks like he'll make something happen and if we do have to trade him, I wish for him to go right back to the Rangers.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Hell yeah he is, I haven't been one of the bunch callin em BrassGOD all these years for nothing!

He always looks like he'll make something happen and if we do have to trade him, I wish for him to go right back to the Rangers.

The Pens' fans consider Brass useless but maybe the Pens coaching staff just wanted him to play some kind of a shutdown role on the 3rd line while he's a 50pts 2nd line center/winger who relishes on big games.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
The Pens' fans consider Brass useless but maybe the Pens coaching staff just wanted him to play some kind of a shutdown role on the 3rd line while he's a 50pts 2nd line center/winger who relishes on big games.
With all the guns they have he's kinda redundant. A real plus for any team like us tho!

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Hopefully Stones wife/girlfriend gets along with Hoffmans

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Artemi Panarin- wonder if he would trust the GM after how other players from his country have been handled? Could be a big trust issue with Tallon going forward.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Artemi Panarin- wonder if he would trust the GM after how other players from his country have been handled? Could be a big trust issue with Tallon going forward.

I assume your referring to the Kis situation? I personally don't think a player like Panarin has to worry too much about whether or not he will be used if he's signed to the contract he(and the rest of the hockey universe) expect he'll be signed to, lol.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i just wonder what panarin wants. kucherov signed for 9.5per in tb, idkwhy panarin should get more. i know hes coming off an insane year but still. 9.5per is the highest he should get, especially as a winger and not a center.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

The way Kis and Mamim have been handled has nothing to do with the fact that they are Russians.

And we're talking about a 4th line player and a bottom pairing D.

I don't see any potential trust issue for Panarin there...

Actually, Panarin probably doesn't give a s*** about Mamim and Kis. And why would he anyways?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
i just wonder what panarin wants. kucherov signed for 9.5per in tb, idkwhy panarin should get more. i know hes coming off an insane year but still. 9.5per is the highest he should get, especially as a winger and not a center.
Because he's a UFA and he can get as much as he can. Kucherov was a RFA.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Not to be a Debby downer but adding Bobrovsky and Panarin doesn't fix our defense problems. It does to an extent fix the depth in the bottom 6 six since guys would be pushed down. I would be very excited if we added both as that would be two shiny new toys to get our hopes up but the team still has holes in other areas. Also I am weary of signing Bobrovsky to the major contract he would get. Goalies can be fickle and that big money contract - long term (inevitable) may come around to hurt us.

Reactions: I am not exposed

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Craig Custance reporting that the owners have giving Dale a mandate to win now...

Wait, what? We're nine points out of the final playoff spot in the East with three teams in front of us. There's no single transaction - or series of transactions, rather - that would be able to eliminate that deficit. This season is over. Finish the year with the team we've got now, make a few smart offseason transactions, and retool for next season.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Wait, what? We're nine points out of the final playoff spot in the East with three teams in front of us. There's no single transaction - or series of transactions, rather - that would be able to eliminate that deficit. This season is over. Finish the year with the team we've got now, make a few smart offseason transactions, and retool for next season.
Yeah, honestly they should sell off and bolster for next season.
Then again, it's easy for us to say, we aren't the ones losing +10M per year on this team.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Craig Custance reporting that the owners have giving Dale a mandate to win now...which is the primary reason for the trade which we all know.

Also talks about the want to find a defense partner for Mike Turnovers.

NHL Trade Grades: Panthers clearing space for something much...

I dont have access but saw someone tweet out what it says.

It just grades out the trades (B+ for us, B- Pens) and how we are looking for bigger deals down the road.

OT: The Atlantic has a sale for 52% off I believe. I paid $29 for the year. It’s well worth it if you want to read about sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad