Rumor: "Lots of guys available (via trade)" per GR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
First, I have to admit that I love that we're doing something. Make a splash, make headlines, do something for God's sake. Blow things up whatever, but something must be done and the fact that we're not passive is great.
I also love that we're trying to bring what I'd consider good players and even semi-star like Panarin and Bob who's a 2 time Vezina winner.

With that said, I rather spend most of the money on boosting our skaters. As bad as goalies have been for us, we could have Hasek and I still don't think we're making the playoffs. We need to solidify our defense and add real depth in our 3rd/4th lines. Goalies don't grow out of trees but goalie stories seem to happen more often. Hellebuyck, Carter Hart etc. Specially Bob is in his 30's. Massive contract like that is very typical of Dale and I'm not a fan.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
First, I have to admit that I love that we're doing something. Make a splash, make headlines, do something for God's sake. Blow things up whatever, but something must be done and the fact that we're not passive is great.
I also love that we're trying to bring what I'd consider good players and even semi-star like Panarin and Bob who's a 2 time Vezina winner.

With that said, I rather spend most of the money on boosting our skaters. As bad as goalies have been for us, we could have Hasek and I still don't think we're making the playoffs. We need to solidify our defense and add real depth in our 3rd/4th lines. Goalies don't grow out of trees but goalie stories seem to happen more often. Hellebuyck, Carter Hart etc. Specially Bob is in his 30's. Massive contract like that is very typical of Dale and I'm not a fan.

I'd consider that the Cats' window of contending opens on the next season. Before this current season began, iirc majority expected, myself including, that the Cats might just barely squeeze into the playoffs because there's still a lot of inexperienced players on the roster. Adding Panarin/Stone and Martinez/Braun/Stralman, do something about Malgin, send him to Springfield and bring in some decent hockey IQ muscle on the 3rd line. The brass is on par with this line of thinking because the Bjugs/Petro-experiments ended and now we need to get this f***ing bird off the ground by bringing in some real support personnel.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not surprising. Hockey guy addressed that too. I was a bit confused as to why Florida wanted Panarin when goal scoring is not an issue. You either move Hoffman for a dman or prospects to get one in the summer and sign Panarin, a clear upgrade, to replace him. In the same 31 thoughts Friedman says Florida likes their chances at Panarin. But holy shit this could backfire lol

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not surprising. Hockey guy addressed that too. I was a bit confused as to why Florida wanted Panarin when goal scoring is not an issue. You either move Hoffman for a dman or prospects to get one in the summer and sign Panarin, a clear upgrade, to replace him. In the same 31 thoughts Friedman says Florida likes their chances at Panarin. But holy **** this could backfire lol

Little off topic but Hockey guy absolutely loves Frankie Vatrano, always brings him up when re-capping FLA's games. They could view Frankie as replacement if Hoffman was moved? I wouldn't trade him though, I'd personally re-sign him over Dadonov but obviously the Panarin situation complicates things.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Not surprising. Hockey guy addressed that too. I was a bit confused as to why Florida wanted Panarin when goal scoring is not an issue. You either move Hoffman for a dman or prospects to get one in the summer and sign Panarin, a clear upgrade, to replace him. In the same 31 thoughts Friedman says Florida likes their chances at Panarin. But holy **** this could backfire lol
This is totally an all in situation. If this backfires, the whole org is f***ed. :help:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I think the Hoffman thing is more speculation than rumor. BUT...if Tallon were to deal him, Id think it would be over the summer, after Panarin is signed. I still dont buy it though. No reason to get rid of him, unless its for help on D.

Reactions: ShootIt

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Can't Dadonov fetch a similar return as Hoffman? I'd rather see Daddy leave....it wouldn't be the first time in my life...=(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad