Rumor: "Lots of guys available (via trade)" per GR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
If we get ground stomped tonight what are the chances Head coach goes..

Sidenote: who is our defense coach ? and why has his name not been mentioned as the #1 guy to get fired ????

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Hamilton would be nice. But remember they said they wanted a partner for matheson, not to trade him (unfortunately)

Tranq

Dec 13, 2008
I offered Hf carolina hurricanes Hoffman for either Hamilton or Pesce

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Fair. I just hear a lot of talk about picking up more offensive like players. All great, but do we not need a good Defensive player with size. We have some talented offensive guys that can score, does us no good if we cant get them the puck... and we do not really fore check hard, I am imagining because we need our forwards to help on D. Clearly not a ton of confidence that majority of our d guys can get the job done.

I could be way off just curious on everyone else's thoughts. Im not sold on picking up Bob at all. Rather spend that cash on two great Defensive guys and stick with Reimer call me crazy.
How could Hamilton score so much and get so many points if he can't get the puck because he's an offensive minded dman paired with other offensive minded dmen?

We are not built to forecheck and we try to do controlled zone entry, which yields better overall results in term of shot on goal and scoring chances compared dump and chase with heavy forecheck. Also, with the number of minutes our top 2 lines are playing, heavy forechecking would drain them even more.

Hamilton is having an off year, but even an off year for him is better than an average year from Trouba or any UFA. (I've heard some mentions of Stralman and he's having a terrible year defensively, similar to Petrovic in many aspects)

Reactions: EnforceTheLaus

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
How could Hamilton score so much and get so many points if he can't get the puck because he's an offensive minded dman paired with other offensive minded dmen?

We are not built to forecheck and we try to do controlled zone entry, which yields better overall results in term of shot on goal and scoring chances compared dump and chase with heavy forecheck. Also, with the number of minutes our top 2 lines are playing, heavy forechecking would drain them even more.

Hamilton is having an off year, but even an off year for him is better than an average year from Trouba or any UFA. (I've heard some mentions of Stralman and he's having a terrible year defensively, similar to Petrovic in many aspects)

@klabob
Thank you for the explanation. Actually makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->