Rumor: "Lots of guys available (via trade)" per GR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Hopefully for Montour or Manson

Dale really has to be active on this front, even more so than with Bread and Bob imo. The Cats 2019 1st round pick (lottery protected) + 2020 2nd/3rd round pick + Malgin (a B level prospect for them) + Pysyk (cap dump) + Reimer (they need a goalie for the next season) should do the trick.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Dale really has to be active on this front, even more so than with Bread and Bob imo. The Cats 2019 1st round pick (lottery protected) + 2020 2nd/3rd round pick + Malgin (a B level prospect for them) + Pysyk (cap dump) + Reimer (they need a goalie for the next season) should do the trick.

Sign me up for that.

Lottery protected is key.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Is he that bad ? I mean we could use some size and a D man ?

Pietrangelo and Simmonds don't seem likely for us as awesome as that would be

It's rather well known issue especially among the teams he has played for. If he such a stud all-around point-getter then he probably wouldn't be already on his third team in his NHL career.

Calgary Flames broadcasters swearing on hot mic about Dougie Hamilton - NSFW

iirc the rant was about Dougie's slashing penalty in the Ducks-Flames series couple years back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Dougie is an elite offensive D man but yeah he's soft and makes boneheaded plays time to time. Nothing compared to Matheson though.

But the Cats really don't need another high point-getter on defense when there's already Yandle and Ek eating up the PP-time etc. Boneheaded plays are just the cherry on top.

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
Dougie is an elite offensive D man but yeah he's soft and makes boneheaded plays time to time. Nothing compared to Matheson though.

Fair. I just hear a lot of talk about picking up more offensive like players. All great, but do we not need a good Defensive player with size. We have some talented offensive guys that can score, does us no good if we cant get them the puck... and we do not really fore check hard, I am imagining because we need our forwards to help on D. Clearly not a ton of confidence that majority of our d guys can get the job done.

I could be way off just curious on everyone else's thoughts. Im not sold on picking up Bob at all. Rather spend that cash on two great Defensive guys and stick with Reimer call me crazy.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Should be a little concerning given how many teams he’s bounced around to so far.
I mean the rumors are apparently that he doesnt talk to anyone and visits museums and plays video games on his own instead of hitting up clubs with the team. Just seems like a guy old school GMs wouldnt like because he's not a "character" guy.

Reactions: Sticksandsun

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
I mean the rumors are apparently that he doesnt talk to anyone and visits museums and plays video games on his own instead of hitting up clubs with the team. Just seems like a guy old school GMs wouldnt like because he's not a "character" guy.
Sounds like the next Panthers captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad