Rumor: Looks like it is down to Vegas, Toronto, Carolina and Edmonton for ROR!

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
He can be. But there’s nothing to the eye that really pops as a glaring issue in his game specifically. It’s much more feasible in my bid our minds that his down season stat wise is much more attributed to circumstances CS own ability.

I know it’s easy to be 14 and look at stats and go on a forum and say he’s washed, he can’t skate anymore. But in all reality, watching 90% of the games, his skating isn’t any different than it was when he won the conn smythe. The only different looking thing to his game is not having a two man game with Perron anymore.
Right Perron was carrying him. Another great point.

Since you have an issue with my response to it,

Do you also agree that ROR "might fetch STL less than all of Tarasenko, Barba and Acciari" ... lol
Or is it you think the comparison of Foligno's 19-20 season (and past) aligns with ROR's 21-22 season (and past) ... lol
I’m agreeing with the Blues fans. I don’t have any issue with what you said. Nothing is ROR’s fault. He shouldn’t be considered a driver.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
We will see. I hope we get a better return than Tarasenko, but only time will tell.

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
DATA POINT ... Tarasenko is a -18 this year and had a NTC and still got a 1st ...
And was traded almost a month before the deadline. And was traded to a team that is (a) in NYC and (b) potentially in the playoffs--if he didn't threaten to use the NTC to steer the trade, it isn't really relevant.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
And was traded almost a month before the deadline. And was traded to a team that is (a) in NYC and (b) potentially in the playoffs--if he didn't threaten to use the NTC to steer the trade, it isn't really relevant.
The data point is on the +/- that is being used in argument to limit ROR's return ...

But it's also true that Tarasenko did have certain veto powers that ROR doesn't and the player limiting the market makes it harder to get value for him. Like you were careful to point out by writing "if" in your post, there's certainly some chance he did limit his locations. We will see with follow-on reporting perhaps.

But the important data point is the +/- being used to say ROR won't get a 1st ...

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Right Perron was carrying him. Another great point.

I’m agreeing with the Blues fans. I don’t have any issue with what you said. Nothing is ROR’s fault. He shouldn’t be considered a driver.

I know it’s a wild thought. But two players can drive a line together.

Not every team or line has one guy constantly holding the puck being the only reason the line is successful.

ROR is not Mat Barzal, I know shocking discovery. But I don’t know if you are being facetious or you really can’t foresee a situation in which two players playstyles mesh very well together.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’m predicting ROR to EDM for a 1st and Puljujärvi and whatever cap dump they need

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
He's also on pace for 20+ goals and 60+ points.
Exactly, while Tarasenko fell off his goal scoring pace, ROR's goal scoring is right in line with his normal 20+ rate, another good point

Not going to be saddled with Josh Leivo as his finisher wherever he goes. Leivo is abysmal

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
DATA POINT ... Tarasenko is a -18 this year and had a NTC and still got a 1st ...
So Tarasenko with 10G, 29p and -18 in 38 games got a 1st,

What do you think a guy who has been injured and has 10G, 16p and is -28 in 37 games will get?

I mean, we all want to use data points, but I'm curious what you think.

Reactions: Sigurd

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands

What do you think a guy who has been injured and has 10G, 16p and is -28 in 37 games will get?

For what is the very many-eth time I've said it (not saying you have to have seen it, just that I do say it a lot), the top piece for ROR will be a 1st round pick*. There will be a + and I am watching the musical chairs game as it develops to see how close Armstrong will end up to his hoped for valuation of Giroux last season. Since Giroux got a deferred first it's possible the pick will be a 2024 1st.

*Could the top piece instead be a clear A-prospect the Blues really like? Yes. The reason I am predicting a 1st is it seems like buyers will easier part with the draft pick than the A-prospect. Some possibilities here. I don't agree with our fan saying a 1st and Knies for example, I think the top piece would be one or the other.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL

Lol ror is getting first and prospect...enjoy

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Lol ror is getting first and prospect...enjoy
Huh? I don't have to enjoy or hate it either way. I was just commenting on the post that said 'data point' regarding Tank regarding the potential ROR trade. If that's not a good data point, then fine, but I wasn't the one who posted that. Was just curious what the poster was implying.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Guys, we Blues fans have been subjected to an endless assault on ROR not being worth a 1st because of his +/- and it has been used over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, and also over and over and over and over, and additionally over and over and over.

So clearly the data point is that Tarasenko and his -18 got a 1st today.

Is it an entire argument? It's a data point for the over and over and over argument about ROR not getting a 1st because +/-

Does any person have any serious case that it is not a data point involved in this argument?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad