Rumor: Looks like it is down to Vegas, Toronto, Carolina and Edmonton for ROR!

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Per an ex GM who was on ESPN 101.1 radio in Stl this morning. Or at least, that is what he is hearing. Believes either a second round pick and an A prospect or a first and a B+ prospect. Thinks Armstrong will take out a little longer to have them bidding against each other as well as lower the money going to Those teams. Did not realize the salary exchanged reduces quite a bit as the deadline becomes closer. Not sure who or what I would want from any 4, but we need a defenceman that is really close to neing NHL ready!

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Per an ex GM who was on ESPN 101.1 radio in Stl this morning. Or at least, that is what he is hearing. Believes either a second round pick and an A prospect or a first and a B+ prospect. Thinks Armstrong will take out a little longer to have them bidding against each other as well as lower the money going to Those teams. Did not realize the salary exchanged reduces quite a bit as the deadline becomes closer. Not sure who or what I would want from any 4, but we need a defenceman that is really close to neing NHL ready!
if that is the ask for a poor performing ROR, you can bet Carolina is not in that pool of interested parties.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I cant see Oilers go this route . Id guess they go D instead.
Canes should be in , adding a 2C is addressing their biggest hole .

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Is ROR going to play defense? Why is Edmonton looking for another center? Their limited cap space should be spent on a defensive D who can break the puck out. A Tanev/Slavin type. Not one of those guys since they wouldn't be available, but that type.

Gavrikov is the only thing remotely close that’s available.

ROR for his career has been a shutdown center. Sometimes the defensive woes can be attributed to the forwards a lot more than one realizes.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
Several League Sources have stated that Toronto is completely opposed to moving their 1st round 2023 pick or Knies.
The same sources, in the Toronto Sun Article, stated that Toronto is mainly looking at defense.

So Toronto is likely out for any deal with the Blues forwards. They are not dealing their first and their only prospect that fits the Blues system is Knies. They also dont have a 2nd this year.

Reactions: Sigurd and Ciao

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Gavrikov is the only thing remotely close that’s available.

ROR for his career has been a shutdown center. Sometimes the defensive woes can be attributed to the forwards a lot more than one realizes.
Gavrikov is sort of a version of that I suppose. I think Edmonton needs someone a bit better. Not sure who exactly. The guy they should have chased was Hampus Lindholm last year.

I am on record saying Edmonton will be a cup contender when McDavid stops being a cherry picker and commits to a 2 way game. ROR doesn't fix that issue. Guys like Hyman, RNH, Ryan, McLeod ect already play a 2 way game. They need their most talented player on the planet to commit to that. ROR won't fix the issue when McDavid and Draisaitl play 50 minutes a night.

Reactions: M Ace and Grumpy1

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Feels like a Carolina kind of deal. ROR has great post-season value, which is really what he's there for. None of the other teams make sense in terms of their roster make-up.

Reactions: Daeavorn

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Is ROR going to play defense? Why is Edmonton looking for another center? Their limited cap space should be spent on a defensive D who can break the puck out. A Tanev/Slavin type. Not one of those guys since they wouldn't be available, but that type.

The Oilers have issues with the Penalty Kill (currently ranked 23rd) and want improve their face off percentages as they are a puck possession team. ROR adds all of that an more, allowing Woodcroft to shift the forwards around to stack the top two lines.

Adding ROR for a playoff run is a smart move for a team going for it. The only question is what is the asking price and how to fit him under the cap.

Holland absolutely has to make some kind of deal for a defenseman. I hope he can do both.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
2nd + B-Prospect (with retention)... If others offer the 1st or A-Prospect ,fine.

I don't see many rushing to offer such demands for someone as questionable....we got fooled once already on the injured Foligno, so hesitancy should be expected

• Haha
Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
If they add RoR to Eichel and Lehner, they have spent a lot to recreate the 2016-2018 Sabres, who never made the playoffs.

that seems like such a Vegas thing to do

chasing after sexy names, production be damned.

Reactions: MCB

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The Oilers have issues with the Penalty Kill (currently ranked 23rd) and want improve their face off percentages as they are a puck possession team. ROR adds all of that an more, allowing Woodcroft to shift the forwards around to stack the top two lines.

Adding ROR for a playoff run is a smart move for a team going for it. The only question is what is the asking price and how to fit him under the cap.

Holland absolutely has to make some kind of deal for a defenseman. I hope he can do both.
He can't do both. He can't even do ROR. He can delete JP maybe? What else can he drop? Yes the PK isn't that great, neither is the one ROR headlined the last 2 years in St. Louis. I think the Oilers 5 on 5 play from their backend is the biggest issue. Has been for a long time. Their PP is the best the NHL has ever seen. That's a tough thing to hang your hat on in the playoffs when whistles go away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad