Rumor: Looks like it is down to Vegas, Toronto, Carolina and Edmonton for ROR!

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Oilers have been showcasing Foegore the past 2 months. Foegore and conehead for ROR

Foegore is intriguing, he sounds like he'd get along with newly acquired Hunter Skinner. They could go out larping as a Predator clan or something. Just make sure that the 1st is there and we good. Conehead doesn't have a cool name so you can keep him.

• Haha
Reactions: PocketNines

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
Ror shouldn't get a first but there will be a bidding war for him which will drive the price up to a first. Hard pass including Knies though.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Not disagreeing or anything, but I'm curious why you think that?

do you realize how valuable a shut down center is? His numbers are down this year because the team sucks, but he’s a 25g 70pt player too.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
do you realize how valuable a shut down center is? His numbers are down this year because the team sucks, but he’s a 25g 70pt player too.
I'm just asking why. Tarasenko is also a beast and has better point totals, and isn't coming off a broken ankle. But I understand how ROR impacts the game in other ways.

Is O'Reilly having more value an opinion shared across Blue fans? How much more do you think he gets?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I'm just asking why. Tarasenko is also a beast and has better point totals, and isn't coming off a broken ankle. But I understand how ROR impacts the game in other ways.

i just explained why. ROR is more valuable, especially in the playoffs. Vladdy floats a lot and disappears too much for me.

Reactions: Kelly

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
i just explained why. ROR is more valuable, especially in the playoffs. Vladdy floats a lot and disappears too much for me.
He'd be a great fit in Toronto. Just wish we'd have more time to watch him after returning from his injury before trading for him.

Fine with giving up a 1st, just not Knies.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
He'd be a great fit in Toronto. Just wish we'd have more time to watch him after returning from his injury before trading for him.

Fine with giving up a 1st, just not Knies.

He’ll be completely healthy for the playoffs. He’s skating and ready to return.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Is O'Reilly having more value an opinion shared across Blue fans? How much more do you think he gets?
ROR is recovered from broken foot. Full participant in practice today and may play as soon as Saturday.

I think most Blues fans share opinion that ROR is more valuable asset. He is so smart and impacts game in so many ways. He isnt what he was 4 years ago but was stud in playoffs last year after mediocre season and I expect he will be this year too. Tarasenko is more one dimensional and his NTC limited market somewhat.

I could see tank having huge run with rags, but couid also see him struggling to adjust. ROR I’m confident will be major asset for whomever deals for him. If I was contender I wouldn’t have paid what rangers did for Tarasenko (and Mikkola is terrible). But I would for ror.

Reactions: Vektor and Kelly

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Ror shouldn't get a first but there will be a bidding war for him which will drive the price up to a first. Hard pass including Knies though.
Well tarasenko just set the bar. Ror will get a first +. Be crazy if it was first and knies for ror 50% and a cap dump.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
ROR is recovered from broken foot. Full participant in practice today and may play as soon as Saturday.

I think most Blues fans share opinion that ROR is more valuable asset. He is so smart and impacts game in so many ways. He isnt what he was 4 years ago but was stud in playoffs last year after mediocre season and I expect he will be this year too. Tarasenko is more one dimensional and his NTC limited market somewhat.

I could see tank having huge run with rags, but couid also see him struggling to adjust. ROR I’m confident will be major asset for whomever deals for him. If I was contender I wouldn’t have paid what rangers did for Tarasenko (and Mikkola is terrible). But I would for ror.
In pure goal scoring tank is better. But what ror brings can not be matched. His line not only scored but was instrumental in shutting down bostons perfect line allowing us to win the cup. By far one of the best two way shutdown forwards. Whoever he goes to will automatically be a contender imo

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Second rounder and an A prospect?

Yeah every team wants an A prospect in return for their UFA but it almost never happens.

Only one in recent memory I can think of is Forsberg to Nashville and that must be almost ten years ago now.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Second rounder and an A prospect?

Yeah every team wants an A prospect in return for their UFA but it almost never happens.

Only one in recent memory I can think of is Forsberg to Nashville and that must be almost ten years ago now.
Erat wasn’t even a rental. He had two more years on his deal

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
I think Vegas or Boston will give up a 1st for ROR. I doubt Carolina is interested at all at current prices.

Good on St Louis to swing a bad year into multiple 1sts in a very deep draft.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Bouchard has more value than ROR at this point. He's not some prospect. Bouchard is a piece for a Parayko trade, not a trade for a rental.
Parayko to Edmonton makes some sense. How would Oil make cap work on that? How much crap would we have to take back?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Parayko to Edmonton makes some sense. How would Oil make cap work on that? How much crap would we have to take back?
We're basically dollar-in, dollar-out at this point. Actually a bit worse than dollar in-dollar out, as we don't have enough cap space to fit Yamamoto in when he comes back from LTIR, so cap space workarounds wouldn't be easy. The simple answer is to figure out what assets you would need for just Parayko, and just add on Pulujarvi's expiring contract, which will get us half way there. Would the Blues have any interest in taking Yamamoto? He has one year left, and has had an injury filled season this year, but last year he popped 20 goals. I'd include him in the deal as well, despite our lack of RW depth. We could take back some expiring junk contracts as well to keep the Blues from going to their max contract limit, as long as they are expiring deals and/or guys who can be buried in the minors, like Pitlick, Frk, Highmore, etc.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Guelkey

Mar 7, 2008
Probably have to take back most the crap (some combo of Ceci, Barrie, Foegele, Puljaravi, Yamamoto). They'd have to free up enough space to have Parayko on roster at $6.5M and to fill in the roster spots of the crap offloads. So probably need $8M+ going back to St. Louis or another team.

But for fun would offer up something like the following:

Barrie (4.5M), Foegele (2.75M), Niemelainen, Schaefer, 1st 2023, 2nd 2024

For Barrie, could flip to another team to get a 2nd or 3rd rounder most likely, if you retain some $. St. Louis would probably want one of Bouchard and Broberg. Would consider Bouchard, depending on his $ ask next season. But that would change the deal completely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad