London Knights 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
McMichael is a cheat code in the OHL this year. If we trade him the return will be extremely high. No doubt about it.

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

the man22

Jun 11, 2014
With how things are looking...we possibly may not see hockey until late in the year. The reason I say those 2 could be back is I doubt NHL teams will even have rookie camps and they will focus more on veterans over youth. Any player with Junior eligibility be it OA seasons or unhinged returns because they can play another year in Junior I believe will be sent back.

Just one guy thinking out loud

Your not the only one thinking out loud. I agree. I think we see Regula and Gruden next year.
McMichael for sure as well.

Reactions: sbpointer

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
$100 deposit per seat due June 1st with the balance due July 2nd. For any season ticket holder who purchased the first two games of the playoffs your credit is $98.50 per seat

For the third consecutive season, pricing for the 2020-21 season has been held at the 2018-19 rate!

Please find the pricing for your seats below:

Level 100 and 300

Early Bird
Adult (18-64) - $663.00
Student/Senior (13-17, 65+) - $620.50
Child (2-12) - $569.50

Regular
Adult (18-64) - $722.50
Student/Senior (13-17, 65+) - $688.50
Child (2-12) - $629.00

This season we are offering multiple options to purchase your tickets.

1. 4 Payment Plan
, which will consist of 4 equal payments.
Please find the payment schedule below:
Immediately
Friday, May 1st, 2020
Monday, June 1st, 2020
Thursday, July 2nd, 2020

2. 2 Payment Plan
, which would consist of a 2 payments, one of 25% and one of the remaining 75%.
  1. Please find the payment schedule below:
    Immediately
    Thursday, July 2nd, 2020
3. Full payment, the full cost will be processed immediately.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
Don't kid yourself...a lot of teams weigh the final month of the Minor Hockey season with some top heavy mindset. Case in point when we picked Jammes in the 2nd round because he had a good OHL Cup. Not saying the kids picked weren't on London's draft sheet, but if the playdowns and OHL Cup went as scheduled, that draft list could have received a major overhaul. This draft was a shot in the dark after the 1st round for most if not all teams
The expert speaks again.

Reactions: WKBCFAN

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
Don't kid yourself...a lot of teams weigh the final month of the Minor Hockey season with some top heavy mindset. Case in point when we picked Jammes in the 2nd round because he had a good OHL Cup. Not saying the kids picked weren't on London's draft sheet, but if the playdowns and OHL Cup went as scheduled, that draft list could have received a major overhaul. This draft was a shot in the dark after the 1st round for most if not all teams

Jammes was a top 5 scorer in his league all season. It wasn't just the OHL Cup. He put up huge numbers all year. I personally saw him play at that OHL Cup. Heck of a minor midget player. Just couldn't make the jump to the next level. Always thought he lacked the passion and drive.

Last edited:

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
I think I would trust Mr Hunter and Simpson over these so called wannabe scouting agencies. Those rankings looked very scattered from what I read. Tend to copy each other to

Also the Ottawa players don't play in any of the major tournaments across the province during the season and since there was also no OHL Cup a lot of the people with those scouting agencies had very little or no viewings of the Ottawa players. They kind of go under the radar because of limited exposure outside of their own league. I would trust Rob Simpson over the agencies.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
The Problem with trading with Oshawa they blew their wad in the trade to get Philip Tomasino. They don't have a lot of high picks left to get McMichael and or young talent worth taking if they are going for it.

That’s why we trade Connor McMichael to Saginaw for Adam Fantilli. They have a chance to win the Memorial Cup, and we get Fantilli.

Could you imagine a lineup of Stranges - Fantilli - Evangelista??

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Your not the only one thinking out loud. I agree. I think we see Regula and Gruden next year.
McMichael for sure as well.

The only way we see Regula and Gruden is in exhibition season. But I do give a 10% chance that Gruden comes back, but Regula is for sure 100% gone. I’ll bet PP31 evening of beers at the game on me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: zman77

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
with London dealing a number of their 2020 picks, has anyone put any thought into the fact the Hunters may feel Covid 19 could put the 2020-2021 season in jeopardy as well?

food for thought

Lol a delayed 2020-21 season is definately a possibility. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
This was all about their protected list and not willing to drop players to fit all the 2020 picks they previously had. Might as well flip them for future drafts.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
That’s why we trade Connor McMichael to Saginaw for Adam Fantilli. They have a chance to win the Memorial Cup, and we get Fantilli.

Could you imagine a lineup of Stranges - Fantilli - Evangelista??
and Nazar on the 2nd line

Reactions: zman77

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
I have read numerous of the other team threads and am confused from comments there whether the talent level was better or worse this year than most years. Also even though the Knights had 16 picks this year, they moved 4 picks to next year and now have 22 picks for 2021 draft per my count. I know Mark highly values draft picks but Knights have ~8% out of 300 picks next year?? Maybe I have too much time in my hands but I'm thinking talent level will be be better next year and Knights appear to be well positioned

Reactions: LDN and zman77

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I have read numerous of the other team threads and am confused from comments there whether the talent level was better or worse this year than most years. Also even though the Knights had 16 picks this year, they moved 4 picks to next year and now have 22 picks for 2021 draft per my count. I know Mark highly values draft picks but Knights have ~8% out of 300 picks next year?? Maybe I have too much time in my hands but I'm thinking talent level will be be better next year and Knights appear to be well positioned

I've heard it wasn't a deep draft year.

And as DIG mentioned, with a 50 player protected list they needed to move some picks. ( or release players from that list )

Jammes was a top 5 scorer in his league all season. It wasn't just the OHL Cup. He put up huge numbers all year. I personally saw him play at that OHL Cup. Heck of a minor midget player. Just couldn't make the jump to the next level. Always thought he lacked the passion and drive.
Big numbers in what was considered a watered down circuit that season. I too was at that OHL Cup and was and still am shocked he went as high as he did. Better players went after him, but that happens every draft as we all know. Chalk it up as one that probably shouldn't have happened when the dust settled. He didn't just fail at the OHL level, I don't think he had much of an impact at the Jr B or Jr C level either. Perhaps too much pressure trying to live up to something he actually wasn't?

Last edited:

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
With how things are looking...we possibly may not see hockey until late in the year. The reason I say those 2 could be back is I doubt NHL teams will even have rookie camps and they will focus more on veterans over youth. Any player with Junior eligibility be it OA seasons or unhinged returns because they can play another year in Junior I believe will be sent back.

Just one guy thinking out loud
It would suck for guys like Moskal and Dunkley but wouldn't it be wild if OAs were Merkley,Gruden and Regula?
Just another guy probably not thinking strait but it's a crazy time we are living in.
My implication isn't that Merkley couldn't play at the next level but I feel like he was really turning his corner here and the experience of being able to finish the job might benefit him and the Sharks cap situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad