London Knights 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
With Guskov and Steklov returning, it will be the first year that we won't be selecting a player in the Import Draft. Just saying...

However, let’s say an NHL team has a high end European that they have drafted and they ask the Hunters to develop him for the North American game.
Would the Knights consider moving Guskov to another team for a player or picks if the deal was right?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
However, let’s say an NHL team has a high end European that they have drafted and they ask the Hunters to develop him for the North American game.
Would the Knights consider moving Guskov to another team for a player or picks if the deal was right?

I brought this up earlier. Guskov is a solid middle six forward right now but there could be potential to grab a higher end player.

I also see potential for Guskov to take a big step forward next year so we could end up looking stupid if we trade him. But I was also expecting more offensive improvement this year compared to what he delivered.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Safe bet is keep both guys. Especially since we have no idea what the season will look like

Reactions: zman77

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Keep both imports. Easy. JMO.
Late 1st rd pick so less choices, shows loyalty and both players will contribute nicely without worrying about what ifs.

1 should be a top 4 D the other a top 9 F. (min but I have higher hopes for Guskov esp with how he was used last year and took on what was expected) Both will have a positive impact.

Can they even draft an import without first releasing a current player first since neither was a 1st rd NHL pick? I don't remember the rule

Reactions: zman77 and Snippit

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Keep both imports. Easy. JMO.
Late 1st rd pick so less choices, shows loyalty and both players will contribute nicely without worrying about what ifs.

1 should be a top 4 D the other a top 9 F. (min but I have higher hopes for Guskov esp with how he was used last year and took on what was expected) Both will have a positive impact.

Can they even draft an import without first releasing a current player first since neither was a 1st rd NHL pick? I don't remember the rule

If the player has signed with NHL club, yes an import pick can be made.

Reactions: aresknights

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
If the player has signed with NHL club, yes an import pick can be made.
Yes, I think that's right, either your Import must be a "first round pick" or "signed with an NHL team". Guskov is currently unsigned and Steklov will not go in the first round of the draft, so we won't be selecting in the Import Draft (unless Guskov is traded, and I don't see that happening).

Reactions: aresknights

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Luke Evangelista is the highest-ranked Knight
By Ryan Pyette: April 8, 2020

The sophomore forward is rated 39th among North American skaters, which makes him a possible second-round pick according to the NHL Central Scouting Bureau’s final evaluations. The 5-foot-11, 166-pound right winger scored 23 goals and 61 points in 62 games in the abbreviated 2019-20 OHL campaign.
Antonio Stranges (56th), Estonian defenceman Kirill Steklov (106th) and goaltender Brett Brochu (29th among North American netminders) were included on the list. Rimouski star and world junior MVP Alexis Lafreniere is tops for North American skaters and Guelph’s Nico Daws is the No. 1 puck-stopping prospect. German forward Tim Stuetzle leads the way among international skaters.
The NHL draft, originally scheduled for June 26-27 in Montreal, has been postponed due to the coronavirus. The location, timing and format of the draft (and draft lottery) will be announced at a later date.
Luke Evangelista earns highest-rated spot among London Knights ahead of NHL draft

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
U-18 PICKS:
The Knights selected Kingston Jr. Gaels right winger Chad Muller – nephew of current Montreal Canadiens associate coach and Stanley Cup champion Kirk Muller – with their first pick (19th overall) in Wednesday’s OHL under-19 priority selection. The 16-year-old had seven goals and 27 points with 130 penalty minutes in 30 games at the major midget AAA level this past season.
London stayed at home with its second pick, taking Elgin-Middlesex centre Anthony Lucarelli 39th overall. The 16-year-old Chatham native scored 17 goals and 39 points in 35 games with the major midget AAA Chiefs.
Hamilton used the 26th overall selection for Jr. Knights major midget goaltender Omar Hage, while Huron-Perth Lakers winger Chet Hudson went to Owen Sound (49th overall) and teammate Jackson McLlwain landed in Windsor with the 53rd pick.
Luke Evangelista earns highest-rated spot among London Knights ahead of NHL draft

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
57 OHL Players in Final 2020 NHL Central Scouting Draft Rankings – Ontario Hockey League

2Quinton ByfieldSudbury WolvesC
3Jamie DrysdaleErie OttersD
5Cole PerfettiSaginaw SpiritC
6Marco RossiOttawa 67’sC
7Jack QuinnOttawa 67’sRW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
33Jean-Luc FoudyWindsor SpitfiresC
34Will CuylleWindsor SpitfiresLW
35Brandon CoeNorth Bay BattalionRW
39Luke EvangelistaLondon KnightsRW
46Jaromir PytlikSoo GreyhoundsC
52Ty TullioOshawa GeneralsRW
53Oliver SuniOshawa GeneralsRW
54Zayde WisdomKingston FrontenacsRW
56Antonio StrangesLondon KnightsLW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Not a heckler. Just tired of PP31 always having the last word on what he considers always right.
Smart poster he is but he’s placed himself on a pedestal thinking he’s above everyone. It’s tiring.

Sorry Heckler has a negative implication to it. I should have used something different not quite sure what that would be but it wasn’t really the point of my post. I was questioning the more “gentle” PP31 replies! :laugh::laugh:

Personally I have always found PP31 to be quite knowledgeable and I value his view points. His historical knowledge on the Knights and the OHL is great for me. He does tend to be direct and a spade is a spade. I personally like that on a forum consistency is a valued trait to me. But different strokes for different folks all good in the end! We have a strong posting group on the Knights forum and other then the inevitable “London Cheats” BS of some jealous folks “Hate ya cause I can’t be ya” I like participating.

Stay well everyone and healthy!

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
I'll likely wait until June 1st...still not convinced that the upcoming season will begin on schedule (or even at all).

Wonder if any organizations will allow senior/compromised STHs to defer until there is a vaccine or resolution to the virus. Make their seats general admission for a period of time.

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
57 OHL Players in Final 2020 NHL Central Scouting Draft Rankings – Ontario Hockey League

2Quinton ByfieldSudbury WolvesC
3Jamie DrysdaleErie OttersD
5Cole PerfettiSaginaw SpiritC
6Marco RossiOttawa 67’sC
7Jack QuinnOttawa 67’sRW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
33Jean-Luc FoudyWindsor SpitfiresC
34Will CuylleWindsor SpitfiresLW
35Brandon CoeNorth Bay BattalionRW
39Luke EvangelistaLondon KnightsRW
46Jaromir PytlikSoo GreyhoundsC
52Ty TullioOshawa GeneralsRW
53Oliver SuniOshawa GeneralsRW
54Zayde WisdomKingston FrontenacsRW
56Antonio StrangesLondon KnightsLW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Missed O'Rourke

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
With Guskov and Steklov returning, it will be the first year that we won't be selecting a player in the Import Draft. Just saying...
I think for next years team which IMO will be a bit of a development team these guys are fine. Guskov is a little inconsistent hopefully he matures that part of his game. Steklov I feel has some real upside to his game and additional ice time should allow him to develop into an even more valuable piece.

However if a Boqvist falls into our lap you have to make the move to make room for them.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Anyone see the Knights on Rogers last night?:
7:00-7:30: highlights of the top 20 goals of the season.
7:30-8:00: OHL draft review including interviews with top 3 selections (Bujold, Edward, and C. Smith) and Simpson.
1.Bujold brings lots of skill, smarts, hungry for the puck, beats players one on one using his speed.
2.Edward is solid at both ends of the ice; good skater, passer, offensive-minded d-man who likes to join the rush.
3.C. Smith (linemate of Bujold with Kanata), a power forward, likes to play a physical game, and he thinks he can step in immediately due to his size and skill set. Thinks he needs to work on his skating, especially those first 3 steps. Credits Bujold for much of his success. Bujold the playmaker who put the puck on his stick. D.J. Smith knew that the Knights were going to take Colton in the second round, and smiled as Colton's name was announced.
4.Simpson (GM): All three players were interviewed and were contacted on more than one occasion prior to the draft. Simpson spoke glowingly of Bujold and Smith (no surprise there, of course he would). The two complement one another nicely (see above). Simpson also commented on Frank Nazar, and said that he would likely have gone top 2 if he didn't have other options (e.g. USNDP) and that's why he was taken as a flyer in a later round. They've been in touch with Nazar and will continue to check in with him during his 2 years with USNDP. Simpson also commented on two other selections, George and Crane. He was surprised that George fell in the draft as he was rated in the first round, but attributed the fall to other options for George, and a suitcase of cash (no money, I kid). George has all the tools, good skater, very smart player, solid defensively, physical, and is also an offensive d-man. Crane played for the Buffalo Jr. Sabres and Simpson noted his skill level. No mention of Sim.
That's all for today...

Last edited:

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
It will be interesting to see if Rolofs makes the same jump in production that Luke did. He sure seems to have the talent. Every year we lose some players to graduation and we wonder how and if they can replace. Last year I went to the rookie tryouts and I thought 8 picks looked solid in their showings . I think Mailloux will step in and take over and possibly two draft picks. I am certain if we lose Regula to pros Mark will find the Collins type O/A defence man to step in and guide the kids. There is young talent there like 04 with Quincy, Nemeth,Methot and Syvret. I think McCue will also step up to be the 3rd line dependable centre tithe team needs to succeed

@nelli27 was this one yours?

Just sold on one of my groups for $9000 OBO

92483767_10219107784818123_5810100783001108480_n.jpg

Reactions: zman77 and LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad