London Knights 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

Hasn’t been signed yet. Last they said they were still in contact trying to get him over.

If I’m him, I stay in Germany. With all the uncertainty with the OHL, as well as the fact that he’s playing pro hockey against grown men, it seems like the smartest thing to do is stay there. But we’ll see what happens.

Reactions: Buttsy

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
It keeps mentioning in articles that Connor might go to Bears. Isn’t it NHL or OHL for him?
It depends greatly on the OHL schedule. Once the team is finished it's season players that are drafted can go play for pro teams for the remainder of the season.

So if the OHL decides that it is not going to have a season then the team is finished and the rule about playing pro comes into being.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
It depends greatly on the OHL schedule. Once the team is finished it's season players that are drafted can go play for pro teams for the remainder of the season.

So if the OHL decides that it is not going to have a season then the team is finished and the rule about playing pro comes into being.
Obviously would love to have McMichael back but this is probably another example where the player transfer agreement struggles. I don’t see in any situation where having him play another season in the OHL is an advantage to this player. Granted the Hunters are an exceptional place to develop high end talent but the competition and even his teammates are probably not ideal for him? Just my opinion of course ...... love CM!

Reactions: sbpointer

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Their depth chart has Kuznetsov, Backstrom, Eller, Dowd, Mailet ahead of him at centre

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
sitting in press box in Washington will do him absolutely no good.
Agreed but sadly he belongs in the AHL if he doesn’t make the NHL club IMO anyway. However the NHL or OHL rule somewhat forces the NHL team to maybe put him in the press box? Another example would be Barrett Hayden from the Greyhounds. Other then his incredible WJC he watched a lot of hockey up until December and practiced with the big club as his NHL Team felt that was preferable to sending him back to SSM? Not justifying the choice but I agree I think the press box hurts a kid who should be in the AHL as opposed to the OHL. Has to be a better arrangement out there for these kids caught in the middle so to speak?

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Agreed but sadly he belongs in the AHL if he doesn’t make the NHL club IMO anyway. However the NHL or OHL rule somewhat forces the NHL team to maybe put him in the press box? Another example would be Barrett Hayden from the Greyhounds. Other then his incredible WJC he watched a lot of hockey up until December and practiced with the big club as his NHL Team felt that was preferable to sending him back to SSM? Not justifying the choice but I agree I think the press box hurts a kid who should be in the AHL as opposed to the OHL. Has to be a better arrangement out there for these kids caught in the middle so to speak?

Yup. Every player in any other league or country has the ability to play in the AHL as soon as they’re good enough. But the CHL uses their players as marketing tools better than any junior/college/European league so I’m afraid they would rather have someone like Connor McMichael here for an extra year than lose him to the AHL.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I got a call today from the London Knights box office asking if I still plan on renewing my season tickets. They noticed that I hadn't put down a deposit or paid in full, and just wanted to know my intentions.

LondonKnightsRule

Apr 19, 2018
London Ontario
Has any one talked with someone from the knights about season ticket payments other than emails received. I know it’s hard to determine what’s going to happen. Why pay for something that’s not going to happen with the chance of losing your seats.

Londoner Knight

Aug 31, 2016
London Ont
Interesting they say "Game jersey" and not game worn jersey.... probably the reason there is no COA .. they were not actually worn

Also.. not all players available

Jerseys DO say "white game jersey worn during the 2019-2020 season"....so they are legit, but the sentence structure is different. No LOA is normal as the Knights have been bitten in the a$$ in the past and are VERY cautious for "collectors" who accuse them over fraud shirts. I know this first hand. All the legit issues have been dealt with appropriately and legally....again, I know this first hand. They're trying to bounce back and finally get over the past. The shirts are good and legit. At the end of the day, true collectors can photo match and all is authentic.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
It's common knowledge that (many) OHL teams auction off game-WORN jerseys. Yet, it's my understanding that game-ISSUED jerseys are not available for purchase. If I'm correct, wouldn't that suggest that if you bought a game-WORN jersey from an online auction, then it would be difficult to call into question its authenticity?
You'd need to doctor a game-ISSUED jersey to make it appear to be game-WORN, but if you can't get your hands on a game-ISSUED jersey because they're not sold to the public, then how is the game-WORN jersey that you buy at auction possibly inauthentic?
Of course, it's possible that fakes can be done internally, say, if a team takes game-ISSUED jerseys, and then hires someone to put park marks on it, etc... to give the impression that it's game-WORN, but who would do that??? :naughty::naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad