London Knights 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Scott Wheeler tweets:

Third period Red x White standouts:
- Brochu
- McMichael (WSH) again
- Byram (COL) again
- Clarke (NJD)
#WorldJuniors

Brochu starts tonight and may play the whole game.

Reactions: Buttsy and nelli27

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
From The Hockey Writers:

Brochu Shines Between the Pipes

In what could be one of the most intriguing goaltending battles in recent memory, the competition for the Canadian crease became a little more clear following Saturday’s action. All four of Canada’s netminders found themselves in the game at some point, and it was London Knights’ rookie Brett Brochu who seemed to steal the show.
While I had Brochu on the outside looking in at the beginning of camp, Saturday’s scrimmage could be just what he needs to establish himself as a household name in the goaltending discussion. After taking over for Dylan Garand midway through the second period, Brochu seemed to bring an even calmer presence to Team White’s net, en route to the victory.
Exhibiting his lateral movement on more than one occasion, Brochu robbed Cole Perfetti on a breakaway, sliding elegantly from left to right as Perfetti tried to elevate the backhand. Following that up by robbing Jakob Pelletier point-blank minutes later, it’s safe to say Brochu’s stellar performance has the potential to turn Canada’s goaltending battle into a straight-up dogfight.

From The Hockey Writers:

Brochu Shines Between the Pipes

In what could be one of the most intriguing goaltending battles in recent memory, the competition for the Canadian crease became a little more clear following Saturday’s action. All four of Canada’s netminders found themselves in the game at some point, and it was London Knights’ rookie Brett Brochu who seemed to steal the show.
While I had Brochu on the outside looking in at the beginning of camp, Saturday’s scrimmage could be just what he needs to establish himself as a household name in the goaltending discussion. After taking over for Dylan Garand midway through the second period, Brochu seemed to bring an even calmer presence to Team White’s net, en route to the victory.
Exhibiting his lateral movement on more than one occasion, Brochu robbed Cole Perfetti on a breakaway, sliding elegantly from left to right as Perfetti tried to elevate the backhand. Following that up by robbing Jakob Pelletier point-blank minutes later, it’s safe to say Brochu’s stellar performance has the potential to turn Canada’s goaltending battle into a straight-up dogfight.
Word around here from some people is he's too small ;)

the kid is legit. Some of the best lateral movement I've ever seen from a young tender. Very Parsons-esque in the fact he never gives up on a puck

Reactions: Buttsy and TheCoach

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

It's hard to not like his story. He played on a god awful Chatham team in his U16 year. In seeing them play a couple times, he had to drag them through the mud with everything he had to win games. But even then he was "too small" and fell to the 6th round, didn't even crack a Jr. B squad, played in Dresden and ended up stealing what I thought was almost certainly going to be Matt Onuska's job at the start of the season based on what I saw of him in the Sutherland Cup finals against the Nationals.

Brochu deserves every bit of this and I hope he can crack a spot with Canada this year.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Going through hockey withdrawal? It's not the Knights/OHL, but you can watch the Q on channel 615 or 616, Rogers Ignite. These channels can be added for free as part of the flex pack if you don't have the particular package. Better than nothing.
Et le but!

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Brochu deserves every bit of this and I hope he can crack a spot with Canada this year.

This would be huge for his development as well as a major score for the Knights. Our defence will be decent this year for sure but it will be a little green out of the gate. Him playing at an elite level while Mark and Dale try to find an identity for this team is a must have. He has done nothing but prove all of the experts wrong and win. For me his ability to remain calm and composed even when he gives up a goal he would like to have back is incredible. So hope he makes the WJC team and gets to play if not be the guy! Well done once again Brett, love that he is a local kid as well.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
As long as he stays healthy.

To me this is the equivalent of the Weber/Subban trade. Hated to see PK go, but Weber brought something the Habs were lacking. Anderson adds to that.
Anderson was so much the forward the Leafs needed to add. I think Montreal somewhat stole him as I think Domi and Tortz are really going to struggle to get along. I like Domi but I’m just not sure he is a JT type of player? Great “add” by Montreal who had a strong off season, should be interesting to see how it all comes together?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
This week on "Friday Knights" on AM980 Mike Stubbs is going to look at some of the great American Born players to play for London.

It got me to thinking, who would be on your all time American Born Knights team? I'm sure there are some obvious ones ( Kane, Carlson, Houser) who else?
Parsons, Schremp, Dvorak, Tkachuk

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Parsons, Schremp, Dvorak, Tkachuk
Yup, Yup, Yup and Yup. We just need 2 smokin defense man. Hmm ..... Regula is noteworthy but he was somewhat of a late bloomer there has to be better. Was Tinordi American and if so he was a really strong in his junior days. Professional not so much? Just saw he was actually only a Knight for 2 seasons as well ...

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
There was a kid back in 2007 that I really liked, David Meckler. Kid had a solid game and great shot. Wonder what happened to him?

And of course we should never forget Mike Yovanic.

PS: Phlyer, hows that knee healing up?

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Most career points as a Knight for American born forwards

Schremp 304
Dvorak 244
Jared Knight 209
Tom Rowe 197
Phil McRae 153

Defense

Regula 124
Kevin Montgomery 96
John Carlson 76
Dwight Schofield 65
Brandon Crawley 61
Dakota Mermis 47

Goalie Wins

Houser 93
Parsons 75
Coleman 62
Stolarz 38

Now.. a caveat.. I am working off of hockey DB here and some of the places of birth are missing for some players

Last edited:

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
This week on "Friday Knights" on AM980 Mike Stubbs is going to look at some of the great American Born players to play for London.

It got me to thinking, who would be on your all time American Born Knights team? I'm sure there are some obvious ones ( Kane, Carlson, Houser) who else?

Tkachuk, Dvorak, Schremp, Kane, Carlson, Parsons

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
There was a kid back in 2007 that I really liked, David Meckler. Kid had a solid game and great shot. Wonder what happened to him?

And of course we should never forget Mike Yovanic.

PS: Phlyer, hows that knee healing up?

A few years in the Kings organization not sure after that. I just remember every time he went to block a shot he went head first. So if he continued that trend probably had a few surgeries lol

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Tkachuk, Dvorak, Schremp, Kane, Carlson, Parsons

I like it! 4 Fs n a D. Something Hunter would consider as he is known to buck traditional wisdom.
Own the puck, could win puck battles, elite skill, game breakers and a goalie who can win a game ya got no business being in.
The second team they could throw out there would stand out as well.

And the ones that didn't come north to play is a deep list as well.

No one going to mention McCarron ;) Had a good if unspectacular jr career.

Reactions: MatthewsMoustache

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
John Carlson 2010 WJC, argh .... damn near cried that year. The past 3 seasons in Washington he has just about averaged a point per game none to shabby for a defenceman in today’s game.

Going through hockey withdrawal? It's not the Knights/OHL, but you can watch the Q on channel 615 or 616, Rogers Ignite. These channels can be added for free as part of the flex pack if you don't have the particular package. Better than nothing.
Et le but!
Thanks for the tip @nelli27 ...added the channels last night. I don't care if the broadcast is in French...I just wanna watch some live hockey dammit

Reactions: nelli27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad