London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Sorry you had to read that crap.

No need to apologize! I could have skipped over it, but......

giphy.gif

To every OHL fan outside of London it is! That's the joke.

We do also have this one on sale for the next 12 hours!

They Hate Us - Green and Gold by ohlcolltective

Regardless, thanks for all the welcome messages everyone.

Looking forward to becoming familiar with some posters in real life. Lots of people on this specific thread that I do enjoy following.

Hope we can all sit down and chat hockey over burgers! PP31, you as well haaha
Hey I gave my shirt design..thats about as giving as I get ;)

and yes I ordered one

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
It looked like Cotter got shoulder in the chest and he lost his breath, that’s why he was down, he went in the room for precautionary test. From what I saw it appears to be a clean check.

Ive seen alot of kids get whacked and "lose their breath" and react that way.
In no way way did Cotter react similarly. With the wind knocked out of you, people struggle, panic, fight to breath and their are specific things a trainer would do in that situation. Thats not how Cotter or staff reacted.
He was out.

I dont think the hit was malicious in any way but he caught his pumpkin and the lights went out. JMO having seen both on ice enough the last 4/5 years.

Last edited:
Ive alot of kids get whacked and "lose their breath"
In no way way did Cotter react similarly. With the wind knocked out of you, people struggle, panic and their are specific things a trainer would do in that situation. Thats not how Cotter or staff reacted.
He was out.

I dont think the hit was malicious in any way but he caught his pumpkin and the lights went out. JMO having seen both on ice enough the last 4/5 years.
Exactly...Cotter was out before he hit the ice, which led me to view it as a head hit initially

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Ive alot of kids get whacked and "lose their breath"
In no way way did Cotter react similarly. With the wind knocked out of you, people struggle, panic and their are specific things a trainer would do in that situation. Thats not how Cotter or staff reacted.
He was out.

My first thought was just like you then it kind of changed my mind when I saw him back from the dressing room. If he was out would they have allowed him back on the bench, in any case Dale never played him after that. I hope it wasn't lights out as you say, Cotter was playing really well since signing his ELC, we don't need him out for a concussion.

I just go by what I've seen, trainer is such a difficult place to be on a team sometime, so you have my full respect. He wants what's best for his player's recovery and the coach wants to rush him back too soon, maybe not so much these days but in the past that's how it was many times.

Reactions: zman77

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
My first thought was just like you then it kind of changed my mind when I saw him back from the dressing room. If he was out would they have allowed him back on the bench, in any case Dale never played him after that. I hope it wasn't lights out as you say, Cotter was playing really well since signing his ELC, we don't need him out for a concussion.

I just go by what I've seen, trainer is such a difficult place to be on a team sometime, so you have my full respect. He wants what's best for his player's recovery and the coach wants to rush him back too soon, maybe not so much these days but in the past that's how it was many times.

They werent going to rush him back. He wasnt going to play.
They went thru protocol. And will continue to do so and monitor.

What you saw was not a player who got hit in the sternum and lost his breath. The reaction would have been much different.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Guskov got the wind knocked out of him earlier this season....that's what you see...panic and legs and arms flailing

I had the wind knocked out of me a couple times when I played and I was a goalie and it feels like you are going to die for about a min because you cant get the air into your lungs and finally the air comes back and you are like THANK EFFING GOD!!!! On a side note, is Tymkin done his suspension and will he be back tomorrow or not until Sunday in Erie??

Last edited:
I had the wind knocked out of me a couple times when I played and I was a goalie and it feels like you are going to die for about a min because you cant get the air into your lungs and finally the air comes back and you are like THANK EFFING GOD!!!! On a side note, is Tymkin done his suspension and will he be back tomorrow or not until Saturday in Erie??
Eligible to return Sunday...Lochead on the 21st in Peteland

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
I would like to thank North Bay for beating the soo 4-3 tonight so we can hopefully get a few points further ahead of them again and keep 1st in the conference!! :)

Reactions: TheCoach

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
There is no f***king way that was a hit to the chest. That was an elbow to the lips .

I get that there will be different opinions on the hit, but it was certainly not an elbow. Watch the video above.

Samorukov's right shoulder makes solid contact with Cotter's right shoulder/chest and his elbow is down. As he followed through on the hit, the shoulder may have hit Cotter's head, but I can't really tell.

View media item 4065

Last edited:

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
That’s a textbook open ice hit. No elbow involved. Everything is tucked in feet on the ice principal point of contact is the chest. Take off the green and gold glasses.

Reactions: StormWatcher

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I wouldn't say Cotter had his head down..more so he was in a vulnerable position reaching for the puck. Hit does look clean now that I see it on video

His head isn't down per se, but he obviously doesn't see Samorukov as he looks down to gather the puck and turns to his left. He sees him then, but it's too late to react.

His head isn't down per se, but he obviously doesn't see Samorukov as he looks down to gather the puck and turns to his left. He sees him then, but it's too late to react.
Definitely got caught in the trolley tracks. It happens. He put himself in that position..nothing malicious about the hit now that I see it on replay. I thought at game speed it was forearm to chin. Glad someone posted the video

Reactions: Fischhaber
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad