London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Sorry to interrupt the talk on game day ladies and gents.

My wife today found out she is being transferred to London. We are moving in May.

It's a city I am familiar with but maybe someone can send me some more info. I do have a 1 year old daughter.

Maybe even meet up with some posters for a non alcoholic drink (Sober going on 10 years) talk hockey!

You can send me messages in my DM's but figured maybe Ill make some friends on the boards ahead of time.

Welcome to London !

Your family will enjoy the living here in London. It's like a big city on the mini size, everything is here including our favorite hockey and university football teams. People here are friendly and helpful if you stay on their good side if not they can be mean too. We are all jumping on each other's back but we are also all protecting and looking out for everybody's back as well.

Welcome to the Forest City

My wife today found out she is being transferred to London. We are moving in May.

It's a city I am familiar with but maybe someone can send me some more info. I do have a 1 year old daughter.

Maybe even meet up with some posters for a non alcoholic drink (Sober going on 10 years) talk hockey!

You can send me messages in my DM's but figured maybe Ill make some friends on the boards ahead of time.
I have no friends on this board. Wish I could help ;)

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

new Knights fan?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Called it the day the Knights drafted him that every OHL team that passed on him and let him fall in London's lap would eventually kick themselves in the ass

Yes you did.

You n others. Kid was special all thru minor hockey. The Hofford connection helped pave the way no doubt. They were very familiar with the kids passion, compete n work ethic.
Side note.
He came out to a practice we had with Yak. Never been more impressed with a kid n his dedication to doing things right. (Even as a guest at a minor teams practice)
Kid just got "it" It was the details in how he handled himself and every drill. It seperates the talented from the stars.

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
DzUZgJmUYAErLRY.jpg

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Four scratches for Guelph tonight.

All would be regulars.

Hillis
Gogolev
Hanley
Stevenson

all out tonight.

Last edited:

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Making an excuse?
Well the knights dont have Tymkin or Lochead and its Formentons 3rd game back lol

And three of our top players haven't been back for more than two games.

It's not an excuse, it's a fact.

Even the London announcers are acknowledging it would be completely different. Guelph's playing three lines tonight with multiple players just coming back from injury and two 16 year olds.

If I wanted to make excuses, go look at all five, now six goals.

All of them should have been stopped pretty easily.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
You're right. Simply putting scratches on a forum is getting excuses in.

Yeah it is - you look kind of sad right now. Even your post on the Storm board fearing the bragging from Knights fans is showing your insecurity.

London fans didn't go to every team's board for 2 months to announce that Formenton was injured, and that if they won it would be meaningless.

London is missing some important depth guys too by the way.

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Yeah it is - you look kind of sad right now. Even your post on the Storm board fearing the bragging from Knights fans is showing your insecurity.

London didn't go to every team's board for 2 months to announce that Formenton was injured, and that their win would be meaningless.

London is missing some important depth guys too by the way.

Fearing the bragging? You're delusional. Once again, posting about something that usually happens in our own forum isn't insecurity, it's conversation.

Since we're putting words in people's mouths now, why don't you go ahead and say whatever else is on your mind.

I simply put in the fact that we were missing four players, take it however you want.

If you want to argue about missing depth, go ahead, It doesn't really matter as you can't compare two players to four players.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Fearing the bragging? You're delusional. Once again, posting about something that usually happens in our own forum isn't insecurity, it's conversation.

Since we're putting words in people's mouths now, why don't you go ahead and say whatever else is on your mind.

I simply put in the fact that we were missing four players, take it however you want.

If you want to argue about missing depth, go ahead, It doesn't really matter as you can't compare two players to four players.

I didn't put words in your mouth...I made a logical inference that everyone else can see.

The inference was confirmed by your corresponding posts.

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
I didn't put words in your mouth...I made a logical inference that everyone else can see.

If you can pull up a quote where I state the words, "This game is meaningless" then do it, otherwise, don't assume, assuming gets you absolutely nowhere.

Two completely different posts, do not add up to infer that this game is meaningless.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
6-1 London win over Guelph

It was Antonio Stranges by far best game and another showed up with one his best game as Knights is Joseph Raaymakers he stole this game tonight

Great team defense first game and it created chances they were able to convert for goals, very fun game to watch. Is Panwar cool on his no celebration or what looking forward to see him as a regular next year

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
What's with Guelph calling up the Pee Wee House League goalie? Surely that's not their playoff goalie is it? Good win for the boys hopefully we will start to pop a few more now that we were gifted 5 or so goals tonight. Well done take the points and get ready for the weekend!

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Now I love when other fans troll us after we lose, but trolling after we win? That's classic.
And the pre-emptive strike before the game even started was classic "but, but, but we're missing 4 starters that probably would have scored 8 goals tonight". Love it! So many other fans have such a hard on for beating London it gets amusing. "just wait until the playoffs... That's when our real team shows up. And that's when we put Vladislav Tretiak Jr in net. Just you wait!" LMFAO:D

Reactions: TheCoach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad