London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Problem is it's perfectly feasible that we go 0-4 in the last 4 games.

Why? You make it sound like London is lucky to be in 1st. We have a 6 pt lead with the other 2 having 1 game in hand, and are playing decently well in a part of the season, where there really isn't that much to play for. Winning a division is fine and all, but it isn't that important if you don't win in the playoffs. More than likely we win at least 2 and maybe 3 of those 4. Although I believe they have 5 games left, not 4. I think we go at least 3-2 the rest of the way, but won't be surprised to see 4-1.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Why? You make it sound like London is lucky to be in 1st. We have a 6 pt lead with the other 2 having 1 game in hand, and are playing decently well in a part of the season, where there really isn't that much to play for. Winning a division is fine and all, but it isn't that important if you don't win in the playoffs. More than likely we win at least 2 and maybe 3 of those 4. Although I believe they have 5 games left, not 4. I think we go at least 3-2 the rest of the way, but won't be surprised to see 4-1.

Look at the opponents of the last 4 games and consider how we've played since around the start of February.

Sweeping the weekend was a nice start but anyone can see there are still massive issues. This team was playing much better hockey in December and January than they are now.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Look at the opponents of the last 4 games and consider how we've played since around the start of February.

Sweeping the weekend was a nice start but anyone can see there are still massive issues. This team was playing much better hockey in December and January than they are now.

Not playing any worse than the other teams around them though.

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region

They'll need to meet them all no matter when if they want the conference title and reach the Memorial Cup. If your gona beat them all, might as well send the message now through the front door they are no flukes.

Last edited:

Knightsrule

Jun 25, 2018
The players and coaches may be more capable of putting past bad games behind them, than the fans. Ironically, they wish to have a strong finish to the season to entertain the fans at home games. I highly doubt the Knights relinquish the home spot for the remainder of the season.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Division clinched, so a top 2 seed is secured.

Right I forgot about that caveat with the Divisional winner regardless of overall record finishes no worse then second! As for “losing out” the last 4 games are going to be “monster” tough as both the Soo and Saginaw are playing for something. Hopefully we can win early so the last couple of road games goal will be to stay healthy. Fingers crossed and Yes I agree we were playing better in the past. Hopefully though these 3 wins will get the confidence back for the boys.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Before we are looking into the last 4 games of the season, there are still that 1 game they have to concentrate on and that's against Flint. They are may be a last place team but they have been playing really well of late and they always seem to play well against London. They did beat the Greyhounds this season, something London have not been able to do in 3 tries so far.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
The hockey world lost the great Hall of Famer Ted Lindsay yesterday in his 94th year. Many here may not have seen this man in action in his playing days in the original 6 like I have. If the NHL players are well paid today, they owe it to Ted Lindsay. This man fought for all his teammates on the ice and at the same time he fought for every NHL players off the ice.

NHL legend Ted Lindsay passes away at age 93 - Sportsnet.ca

Last edited:

ScorzyRocks

Dec 13, 2018
I do know him and most of the 2001 and 2002 players. I have worked with many of these kids over the years. He was one of my favourites along with Tomasino, Rees, Vuckojevic and Hughes. I’ve known these boys since they were about 12 or 13 and they’re all great kids. That’s why when I hear players getting torn down it’s upsetting. Most people don’t know these boys personally and I’m lucky enough to say I do and they’re all impressive.

I also know many of the same players and you are right, they are great kids. Lucas Rowe unfortunately does not fall in that category. His actions in London outside of the arena got called into questioned a few times. Needless to say he was traded before he was run out of town by some of the London locals. I will not get into details because he is a minor.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I think it’s cute you think that it’s just related to 3-4 years ago. We sucked from 2003-2013 and yet Erie fans have never liked anyone in the division and particularly London. But isn’t that the entire league and aren’t you used to it? Don’t think many Florida fans like Alabama in football regardless of if Florida is on the down swing recently. That’s how sports go.. you win and everyone hates you. Erie fans just passionate enough to show it.. just a passionate crowd that is like that virtually every game (not just for London)
But by the way, we rounding time?? Last I checked it was 2-3 years ago.. let’s not make it like Erie has been dormant for 4 years now.

Anyways good luck the rest of the way
Yeah Erie has been dominant. Franchise has really turned the corner. Glad to see.
The guy who runs up and down the aisle behind the Knights' bench and holds a sign to the glass is quite the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad