London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Soo Greyhounds double up London Knights in weekend loss

By Mike Stubbs Reporter Global News
The Knights came out with a similar level of perseverance on Sunday, outshooting the Greyhounds in the game, but coming up short.
Still, London assistant coach Rick Steadman gave Sault Ste. Marie credit for the victory.
“They have a lot of skill,” said Steadman. “Their goalie stands really tall and really strong. When they get that chance, they make it count and they don’t need many to get goals. You really need to play a full 60 minutes to get them.”
London created all kinds of chances of their own, especially in the first period when they rang three pucks off the goal post. Steadman says a lack of early success may have played a role in the loss.
“We were getting lots of chances on net, but they got a couple of goals and that seemed to frustrate us and it took us away from our game plan a couple of times. By the time we got back, the game ran out on us.”
The Knights are three games into a span of nine games within just 15 days. They come home to play Guelph on Wednesday at Budweiser Gardens, where Steadman suggests this current pair of losses will take on a different meaning.
“As coaches you try to use it as a learning moment,” Steadman pointed out. “Every team goes through adversity and has uphill battles. This weekend was an uphill battle for is. It’s all about how you recover for the next game.”
Soo Greyhounds double up London Knights in weekend loss

Reactions: Fastpace

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
Only Lochead is listed on the media notes suspension list. Possible that Tymkin had his reduced?

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Lochead gets 5 games and the goalie nothing - now thats a joke a bad joke

Once again. Both players got evened up penalties for slashing. Prosvetov didnt get away with anything there. Lochead got the game and likely suspension for unsportsmanlike conduct. The misconduct listed on the score sheet when looked up in the rule book says it could be for a racial/ethnic slur or spitting on an opponent among a few other things. Seeing as Prosvetov is Russian, could very well be another Anthony DeAngelo situation but let's just hope for decencys sake it's the latter. Both should rightfully earn a few games.

Last edited:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So 2 straight weekends of the team playing poorly

Wednesday is a big tilt. If they don't turn it around Guelph will light them up.

Emt8

Feb 11, 2019
Anyone wanna predict how many points Stranges will put up next year? Would have been nice for him to get more ice time this year but that’s what happens when you play on a very deep London team.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Anyone wanna predict how many points Stranges will put up next year? Would have been nice for him to get more ice time this year but that’s what happens when you play on a very deep London team.

Over 100 points for sure maybe more

Reactions: zman77

Emt8

Feb 11, 2019
I know its a small sample size but if you could only choose one, would you rather keep Panwar or Evangelista for the rest of their ohl career?

Personally, Panwar has impressed me much more than Evangelista, (both have only dressed in 24 games). But once Evangelista gets stronger he may show more potential in terms of point production. It’ll fun to watch these 16 year olds develop.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I know its a small sample size but if you could only choose one, would you rather keep Panwar or Evangelista for the rest of their ohl career?

Personally, Panwar has impressed me much more than Evangelista, (both have only dressed in 24 games). But once Evangelista gets stronger he may show more potential in terms of point production. It’ll fun to watch these 16 year olds develop.

Pretty sure everyone would take Panwar at the moment.

But it's all subject to change because these kids are only 16.

Reactions: TheCoach

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

I’ve liked Panwar more than Evangelista ever since the first training camp games I watched. He fits the Hunter’s style of play a lot more than Evangelista. up until the regular season, Panwar was my favourite of the 02s (Stranges’ play this year has obviously changed that).

if you aren’t going to provide a strong two-way game with the Hunters, you better have a hell of an offensive game. Evangelista isn’t doing either right now

Emt8

Feb 11, 2019
I’ve liked Panwar more than Evangelista ever since the first training camp games I watched. He fits the Hunter’s style of play a lot more than Evangelista. up until the regular season, Panwar was my favourite of the 02s (Stranges’ play this year has obviously changed that).

if you aren’t going to provide a strong two-way game with the Hunters, you better have a hell of an offensive game. Evangelista isn’t doing either right now
Evangelista needs to adjust playing against men. If he can get stronger this offseason I think we’ll see why the Knights took him in the first round.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Knights hope loose lips don't sink their first-place ship
Will Lochead and Cole Tymkin are missing Wednesday’s much-awaited tilt with Guelph after being slapped with long suspensions for recent confrontations with an opposing player and officials, respectively.
Ryan Pyette February 12, 2019
The Knights have been scrambling without the two veterans.
Rookie Gerard Keane couldn’t make the road trip to replace Lochead this past weekend because of the flu. So, London dressed only five defencemen Sunday in Sault Ste. Marie, and surrendered another six goals. Tymkin, on the verge of a 20-goal campaign, has been a trusted offensive source much of the year.
But the Knights must find a way to beat fellow heavyweight Guelph without them.
“You can’t monkey around with good teams,” Hunter said. “We’ve been playing in and out for a bit here, and everyone knows we can play better than this. We have parts of games where we’ve been fine. When we got desperate in Saginaw, we had 30 shots (in the third period). That’s great, but you have to do the whole thing to win against the good teams.”
STORM ON THE WAY: Even if Guelph’s trade-assembled squad sweeps their final three meetings against London, they will be hard-pressed to catch the Knights for top spot in the Midwest Division.
The Storm actually fell further behind since winning 7-5 at Budweiser Gardens last month. They’re 9-4-1 since the trade deadline while London is 11-3-1.
“Every team right now is trying to find consistency in their game,” Hunter said. “It’s good competition and that’s what it’s supposed to be. Guelph, Soo, they’re good teams. There’s a lot of parity in the league. It’s up for grabs.
“It’s about who wants to win.”

Reactions: Fastpace

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Will Lochead and Cole Tymkin are missing Wednesday’s much-awaited tilt with Guelph after being slapped with long suspensions for recent confrontations with an opposing player and officials, respectively.
Ryan Pyette February 12, 2019
The Knights have been scrambling without the two veterans.
Rookie Gerard Keane couldn’t make the road trip to replace Lochead this past weekend because of the flu. So, London dressed only five defencemen Sunday in Sault Ste. Marie, and surrendered another six goals. Tymkin, on the verge of a 20-goal campaign, has been a trusted offensive source much of the year.
But the Knights must find a way to beat fellow heavyweight Guelph without them.
“You can’t monkey around with good teams,” Hunter said. “We’ve been playing in and out for a bit here, and everyone knows we can play better than this. We have parts of games where we’ve been fine. When we got desperate in Saginaw, we had 30 shots (in the third period). That’s great, but you have to do the whole thing to win against the good teams.”
STORM ON THE WAY: Even if Guelph’s trade-assembled squad sweeps their final three meetings against London, they will be hard-pressed to catch the Knights for top spot in the Midwest Division.
The Storm actually fell further behind since winning 7-5 at Budweiser Gardens last month. They’re 9-4-1 since the trade deadline while London is 11-3-1.
“Every team right now is trying to find consistency in their game,” Hunter said. “It’s good competition and that’s what it’s supposed to be. Guelph, Soo, they’re good teams. There’s a lot of parity in the league. It’s up for grabs.
“It’s about who wants to win.”

Maybe Lochead and Tymkin should have the A's ripped off their jerseys for being so self absorbed thinking of themselves instead of their team which they are hurting!!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Something that will get you a 5 game suspension. I know exactly what was said...but I'm not about to share it here

Seen it a few times at lower levels.

What a kid means by any word, comment, phrase said is irrevelant.
Say the wrong thing, pay the price. The rules are clear. And I got no problem with it.
Rules are clear and every player gets the education.

Having said that, kids make mistakes. Pay the piper, learn from it, grow and move on.

Last edited:

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Hopefully the boys show up tonight and put forward a good effort

Last edited:

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Sorry to interrupt the talk on game day ladies and gents.

My wife today found out she is being transferred to London. We are moving in May.

It's a city I am familiar with but maybe someone can send me some more info. I do have a 1 year old daughter.

Maybe even meet up with some posters for a non alcoholic drink (Sober going on 10 years) talk hockey!

You can send me messages in my DM's but figured maybe Ill make some friends on the boards ahead of time.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Sorry to interrupt the talk on game day ladies and gents.

My wife today found out she is being transferred to London. We are moving in May.

It's a city I am familiar with but maybe someone can send me some more info. I do have a 1 year old daughter.

Maybe even meet up with some posters for a non alcoholic drink (Sober going on 10 years) talk hockey!

You can send me messages in my DM's but figured maybe Ill make some friends on the boards ahead of time.

Hey lucky you we are hoping to still have OHL hockey in London in May!

I don't live in the city so can't add much on that front for you. All the best with the move..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad