London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
After this game im GLAD we didnt get Suzuki. He just floats and wasnt visible the whole game besides his rough on Bouchard

Reactions: KFawcett

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Looking at Ottawa's remaining schedule...I don't know if they'll lose more than a game or two by season's end. No games against an actual contender (Oshawa maybe? besides that nothing)

It'll be tough to catch them for 1st overall.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Looking at Ottawa's remaining schedule...I don't know if they'll lose more than a game or two by season's end. No games against an actual contender (Oshawa maybe? besides that nothing)

First overall is nice but id rather we lock up the conference and division

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

Agreed our battle is to hang on for first in the West and hopefully ride home ice through to the OHL final. The top teams are all so close this could be the real difference maker in the end? Saginaw however really looks to be coming together nicely.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Geeze I didnt realize simply posting your scratches pre game is making excuses.
Ask any Storm fan they will tell you they sucked tonight scratches or not.

We are coming off a weekend that we would rather forget quite frankly! Been there done that and got the T Shirt. All about playoff prep at this point not a lot to pick from within the top 4 teams we all have strengths and weaknesses. Seriously though is that your regular goalie tonight, he was ugly although certainly not alone.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Knights get revenge by blowing away Storm
It was payback for Guelph’s visit a month ago, when the Storm sauntered in and struck for five third-period goals in a shocking turnaround.
Ryan Pyette
Updated: February 13, 2019

Label it a statement win.
Or even a much-needed rebound from their defensively dreary trip through Saginaw and Sault Ste. Marie.
But above all, it was payback for Guelph’s visit a month ago, when the Storm sauntered in and struck for five third-period goals in a shocking turnaround.
The Knights didn’t forget.
“It’s a little revenge,” said Swedish defenceman Adam Boqvist, who scored the decider in a runaway 6-1 victory over the Storm before 8,800 Wednesday at Budweiser Gardens. “They won the last game here. It’s always nice to win.”
And they certainly deleted the memory of the half-dozen goals allowed to both the Spirit and Greyhounds. They also saddled another league heavyweight with their own defensive concerns.
“We played really great and really aggressive,” said Russian forward Matvey Guskov, who buried a pair. “The coaches told us a lot about defensive zone and limiting turnovers. We forgot about (last weekend) and wanted to be a team that plays strong on both sides.
“We did it today.”
Knights get revenge by blowing away Storm

If last nights game was a statement game , as suggested by a few Storm fans, the statement that rings clear is one I've said a few times recently. If the Knights stick to the skating game, not many teams will outskate them or compete with them

Awesome bounce back game by Razor, perhaps his best in the new year. If he shows up like that down the stretch when he starts, we'll be tough to beat.

From what I saw from my seat it looked like Cotter caught a forearm to the chin. Happened quickly and without the replay I could be wrong because I only saw it at game speed. He was out before he hit the ice which wasn't a nice thing to see. Otto commented it was clean and he had the luxury of the replay so I'll take his word for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
Teams have good games and they have bad games and on top of it all, they're teenagers, so good luck trying to figure them out.
Heck even NHL teams behave this way so I'm inclined to just enjoy the good games and understand there will be bad games.
We all know what they are capable of, just have to find as much consistency as possible.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Awesome bounce back game by Razor, perhaps his best in the new year. If he shows up like that down the stretch when he starts, we'll be tough to beat.

Totally agree he is a huge part of our success or no success moving forward. I like the kid but he has to be more consistent and may be this is the reason the scouts are not all over him? Other than Ottawa though we are starting to put some distance between ourselves and the rest when it comes to Goals Against even with last weekends “eggs”. Solid bounce back game though even missing the players they are beating Guelph convincingly is important.

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
If last nights game was a statement game , as suggested by a few Storm fans, the statement that rings clear is one I've said a few times recently. If the Knights stick to the skating game, not many teams will outskate them or compete with them

From what I saw from my seat it looked like Cotter caught a forearm to the chin. Happened quickly and without the replay I could be wrong because I only saw it at game speed. He was out before he hit the ice which wasn't a nice thing to see. Otto commented it was clean and he had the luxury of the replay so I'll take his word for it.

It looked like Cotter got shoulder in the chest and he lost his breath, that’s why he was down, he went in the room for precautionary test. From what I saw it appears to be a clean check.

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
Different team when they have last change and go 43/65 in the faceoff circle like they did last night. However I thought the last half of the second period and start of the third they seemed too comfortable playing in their own zone. Razor kept them in it while the score was 2-0.

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Teams have good games and they have bad games and on top of it all, they're teenagers, so good luck trying to figure them out.
Heck even NHL teams behave this way so I'm inclined to just enjoy the good games and understand there will be bad games.
We all know what they are capable of, just have to find as much consistency as possible.

Teams that can figure out consistency , will win lot of games and that’s at all levels of any sports

Reactions: zman77

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
More fire from Guelph in here last night than on the ice!

Hey-o!

Nice to have a bit of a rivalry again....mean's the Storm are back to being relevant.

Reactions: sbpointer

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
London Knights return home, knock off the Guelph Storm 6-1

By Mike Stubbs Reporter 980 CFPL
Matvey Guskov scored twice and Joseph Raaymakers made 37 saves as the London Knights bounced the Guelph Storm 6-1 at Budweiser Gardens on Wednesday night.
“[Raaymakers] was unreal tonight,” said London defenceman Joey Keane. “We were trying to get him that shutout. It just didn’t end up happening, but that doesn’t take away at all from how well he played.”
“We were really dialed in for tonight,” admitted Alex Turko. “We knew we needed two points and we had this one circled on the schedule because Guelph is such a good team. After this weekend, it made it that much more important and to get two points was huge.”
Tonio Stranges had a three-point night with three assists and was named the third star. Guskov’s two-goal night earned him the second star and in giving up just a single goal on 38 shots, Raaymakers was named the first star.
Adam Boqvist, Josh Nelson, Joey Keane and Sahil Panwar also scored goals for the Knights.
London Knights return home, knock off the Guelph Storm 6-1

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Sorry to interrupt the talk on game day ladies and gents.

My wife today found out she is being transferred to London. We are moving in May.

It's a city I am familiar with but maybe someone can send me some more info. I do have a 1 year old daughter.

Maybe even meet up with some posters for a non alcoholic drink (Sober going on 10 years) talk hockey!

You can send me messages in my DM's but figured maybe Ill make some friends on the boards ahead of time.

Hey Sebastian,
Welcome to Knight's Country!!
I see you're very well versed with the OHL.
For those interested Sebastian has a website focused on OHL Hockey.
It's called The OHL Collective which is a group of fans/Experts who write on the OHL.
Top 1999 Born Prospects Worth A Late Round Pick - The OHL Collective

Reactions: STS

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
It might be better if the message is more hockey specific as opposed to leaving the impression the entire City is hated.

To every OHL fan outside of London it is! That's the joke.

We do also have this one on sale for the next 12 hours!

They Hate Us - Green and Gold by ohlcolltective

Regardless, thanks for all the welcome messages everyone.

Looking forward to becoming familiar with some posters in real life. Lots of people on this specific thread that I do enjoy following.

Hope we can all sit down and chat hockey over burgers! PP31, you as well haaha

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad