London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Not making excuses but it is a tough go after palying in Saginaw and crossing border Sunday. The 3 posts they hit in the first and it is possibly a different story but it is what it is. Playoffs are a horse of a different colour no 3-3

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I was happy to see both Formenton and Hayton get diving penalties yesterday. Maybe they will clean up that part of their game, and play some hockey instead.

Reactions: Wisdom

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
Fastpace .... the lack of 3 in 3 on the Sault's schedule is offset by having to play entire weekends on the road often playing 3 in 4 all on the road.

I don't buy any of this extra traveling argument, it's a song that has been playing for longtime. and very much in tune I may add. I am not going to discus Soo problem on the Knights page after this post. Think WHL and QMJHL , and then traveling time between Soo and Sudbury or Saginaw plus the extra days of motel/food cost and extra activities for all the 3 in 4 days weekends. I don't want to argue this but if you can all put your mind to it as we are only talking of 2 or 3 extra hours of traveling one way and same coming back.

Yes it's more then all other OHL teams but it's only from the two closest neighbors. If they can manage 68 games with some 3 in 3 with lot longer distance of traveling in the East and the West league I can not see why Soo can not do the same with less distance. It can be done without singing the song IMHO

Last edited:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Not making excuses but it is a tough go after palying in Saginaw and crossing border Sunday. The 3 posts they hit in the first and it is possibly a different story but it is what it is. Playoffs are a horse of a different colour no 3-3
Again... North Bay won in the Soo on their 3rd game of a 3 in 3 and being in Saginaw the night before.

Reactions: bear6

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Neither was a dive
Referees don't view these plays as isolated instances. When players whine, cry, and overreact when on the receiving end of possible infractions through the course of the game, they will draw a diving call on marginal plays like this. I would like to see both these players eliminate that type of behaviour from their game and just play hockey.

Reactions: Houndsfan22

Otto

Referees don't view these plays as isolated instances. When players whine, cry, and overreact when on the receiving end of possible infractions through the course of the game, they will draw a diving call on marginal plays like this. I would like to see both these players eliminate that type of behaviour from their game and just play hockey.

I think you need to review the plays again.... neither was marginal... even your announcers said the call on Formenton was a joke

Reactions: zman77

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
Let me clarify - I wasn't presenting the "extra travel" argument as an excuse. But the travel/rest is a factor, and to not admit that it's a factor is illogical. Of course, it's only one of many factors behind the loss.
So, in my mind, it's not an excuse. Yesterday, I saw a number of players not at their best, especially with so many logging special teams minutes. Fatigue shows itself in mental errors as much as physical. So, to me, I don't want to overanalyze Sunday. Bad game all around.
However, in my mind, what we saw Saturday night is more of the concern. No travel/rest challenge to point to there. A game lost after, what I thought was a commanding 1st period.
And Sunday, I found myself more frustrated with the barrage or penalties, that is one of my regular frustrations with this team, since Tymkin wasn't even playing.
A tired team is usually coached to stay out of the box, in order to even out minutes. Veteran players know that.
So that's why I made the point I did. Not looking to say "right or wrong", just sayin'...

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think you need to review the plays again.... neither was marginal... even your announcers said the call on Formenton was a joke
The referees were clearly sending a message. From my seat I got their message loud and clear. You choose not to. Maybe you have no issue with all the shenanigans from Formenton. I have an issue with all the shenanigans from Hayton, and hope he cleans them from his game. Every time they were on ice, they were guilty of it (both players). I think both players would be more effective with that stuff removed from their games, and the fans would cheer harder for them. Good day to you.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
The referees were clearly sending a message. From my seat I got their message loud and clear. You choose not to. Maybe you have no issue with all the shenanigans from Formenton. I have an issue with all the shenanigans from Hayton, and hope he cleans them from his game. Every time they were on ice, they were guilty of it (both players). I think both players would be more effective with that stuff removed from their games, and the fans would cheer harder for them. Good day to you.
I totally disagree with you on Hayton. He takes a sh*t kicking and rarely gets a call from the refs. How many high sticks to the face has he had? You can't fake that. I sit about 10 rows up and have seen the plays as clear as day.

Reactions: BehindSooNet

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Sergey Popov with his 1st Attack goal Saturday eve.

Andrew Parrott is fitting in nicely as well, a great young addition to the Attack, for years to come.

Yes you got yourself a good one no doubt but to get you have to give. You guys were spoiled with all the years from Hancock what a nice hockey player he is and a solid citizen. Hard to believe the Attack team with all that talent didn’t capture the big one? I hope for Hancocks sake London makes it all the way. He is so calm and collected.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I would like to see the whining stop on the ice. You get fouled instead throwing your hands up and screaming at the ref skate back hard. It drives me nutts to see them complain all the time The team needs to keep its composure alot more then they have been recently

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Yes you got yourself a good one no doubt but to get you have to give. You guys were spoiled with all the years from Hancock what a nice hockey player he is and a solid citizen. Hard to believe the Attack team with all that talent didn’t capture the big one? I hope for Hancocks sake London makes it all the way. He is so calm and collected.
The circles that I run with had Owen Sound as the cream of the West last season. Kitchener pushed the Soo to 7 games as well, but Owen Sound was IMO a better team and very well might have had the tools to beat Hamilton had they got by us. That 9-7 game 7 is one I will never forget.
I totally disagree with you on Hayton. He takes a sh*t kicking and rarely gets a call from the refs. How many high sticks to the face has he had? You can't fake that. I sit about 10 rows up and have seen the plays as clear as day.
Of course he is going to be targeted, all the top players are. Sometimes his falls are warranted but often they are exaggerated.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Maybe the referees in this league should worry about calling the game correctly before they start "sending messages" the officiating this season has been more of a joke then just the usual two or three officials you expect it from.

Reactions: bear6 and PuckLife

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
These kids don’t forget are a year or two removed of playing 3 games in a day during minor hockey tournaments.

The travel isn’t the best but they aren’t cramped up in a minivan with nothing to do. The excuses about travel are pathetic. The Q and W are way worse we’re kids are on the road for a week. Not 3 days. This is what you sign up for when your a kid. These trips create the lifetime friendships these guys walk away with.

Every team deals with challenges travel and what not. Guess what it’s sports. Get over it.

Otto

I would like to see the whining stop on the ice. You get fouled instead throwing your hands up and screaming at the ref skate back hard. It drives me nutts to see them complain all the time The team needs to keep its composure alot more then they have been recently

Good luck with that... it's been going on long before you or I were born and it's not going to stop anytime soon.

Reactions: zman77
Main reason certain players don't get calls. Make a mockery of the game and "show up" an official..chances are next time you legitimately take one in the chops, the ref will be "conveniently" looking the other way. Good players play through it. The reputation of whining on the ice is usually well earned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad