London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelangio

Aug 13, 2013
Hey Totally agree but then again who won Oshawa's 100th game in net. I remember there were posters about who scored the knights who really cares 1000 goal. IRRELEVANT. dont know you Fastpace but you do give great insight and info:nod::nod:

Reactions: zman77

gensfan63

May 16, 2018
Gens played great last night in Peterborough and won (4-1) easily, but have been terribly inconsistent so far. Not what was expected.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
32 is having a tough time this year with rebounds. Got him again on the first goal. Please tell me that others are catching on that Timms is a turnover machine!? If he was in the NFL his QB rating would be a league low. Unless he starts really contributing on offence I’d actually suggest moving him...your overage cards are precious.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
14,40,45,62 are worth the price of admission alone. Hope our “go for it efforts” don’t end up costing us one or more of them. Gotta pay to play though...

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
14,40,45,62 are worth the price of admission alone. Hope our “go for it efforts” don’t end up costing us one or more of them. Gotta pay to play though...

The more I watch of this team, the more I think it’s not a go for it year.
The best forwards can all be back next year, only Foudy might stick in the NHL. Even then, I’d still say better than 50-50 he’s back.
The defence is not even close to championship caliber. Boqvist is learning the NA game. Timms is not good. Guys like Coome and Golden should be no more than depth.

If they come back, trade Formenton, Bouchard and Raay to Ottawa for Clarke, one of their young LH dmen like Peric and a bunch more picks.
They would still have the same team as now but add a stud 17 year old RW, and a good 17 year old LH dman.
They would need another goalie though. Get Cranley from Ottawa in the off-season.
Just my opinion.

Reactions: nelli27

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
The best forwards can all be back next year, only Foudy might stick in the NHL. Even then, I’d still say better than 50-50 he’s back.
The defence is not even close to championship caliber. Boqvist is learning the NA game. Timms is not good. Guys like Coome and Golden should be no more than depth.

If they come back, trade Formenton, Bouchard and Raay to Ottawa for Clarke, one of their young LH dmen like Peric and a bunch more picks.
They would still have the same team as now but add a stud 17 year old RW, and a good 17 year old LH dman.
They would need another goalie though. Get Cranley from Ottawa in the off-season.
Just my opinion.

Ya I’d have to agree. A lot depended on Formenton and Bouchard coming back. Adding them would be huge and then a couple trades and we’d be a real threat. But they’re likely gone. And you’re right,
Our team next year...wow. All the more reason to move 32 sooner and give Kooy the net and groom a younger backup. Love Tymkin, he thumped that kid.
Studnicka is SO good eh, good hockey genes in that family.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014

Just my opinion.
Trade Boqvist to at the deadline if they keep trending down

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So...too early to start wondering if we should have kept Koly?

Doubt it was even an option...but it’s getting hard to see a contending team here.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Love watching 24 and his physical play in the d-zone. And I really can’t believe how bad 51 is. All year. Awful. Called it a while ago. Therefore the theme shall be..... #tradeTimms

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The most difficult thing to do as a coach is to instill a defensive system onto a group of young offensive minded rookies, Dale has them playing tight for a 1 1/2 period and then turns them loose for the last part of the game. Unfortunately it's not always easy to play catch up hockey, we are going to see the same until the kids have it all figured out. They are still playing good hochey except it's boring for fans to watch, that's the sacrifice everyone has to pay to see a successful team by season's end, I still like what I am seeing and our shots on net are right up there as well.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
So...too early to start wondering if we should have kept Koly?

Doubt it was even an option...but it’s getting hard to see a contending team here.

If we get Bouchard back, these close games turn into wins for the Knights, he would be a HUUUUUUGE addition to this team.....then add Formenton and a couple of trades and we contend with anybody......patience Knightsfans!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Knights charge too little too late

Ryan Pyette
Updated: October 19, 2018

The Knights had a number of great chances in the dying minutes, but couldn’t find the elusive equalizer.
“It was a huge spark and I thought it was pretty strategic,” London forward Cole Tymkin said. “It was pretty unexpected. We just came up short. We didn’t get the job done and go to overtime.”
Most of the veteran Knights have seen this Hunter play before, but the team brass is trying to send a message to its younger players.
“We want to show these guys it’s a never-die attitude,” London assistant coach Rick Steadman said. “We never give up. We wanted to keep pushing and give the guys a chance. They started the comeback. They just couldn’t finish it off.”
The Knights showed a lot of energy in the third period. They didn’t show enough over the first 40 minutes.
“We need to come out hard right off the bat,” said rookie Antonio Stranges, who pulled London within one. “We have to be sharp all game.”
Now the Knights margin of error becomes razor thin over the next two days. Lose again and this weekend is a setback in the standings.
They started this season as the No. 2 ranked team in the country. But so far they have lost more games than they have won.
FOUDY OUT:
London’s speedy Liam Foudy was removed from the lineup with an “upper-body” injury suffered last weekend. He had worked on-ice in practice, but then was deemed unavailable on game day.
That was a massive knock against the Knights, since the Blue Jackets first rounder had scored both of his team’s goals in the overtime loss in Guelph last Sunday.
They could have used his touch around the net. The Knights are hopeful he will be available for the Kitchener contest.
“He’s day-to-day,” Steadman said. “We’re hoping to get him back. He just needed a little more rest. It’s healing well. We’re waiting for him and we’ll be happy to have him back.”
NET DEBATE:
After a few weeks of alternating starts, the Knights went back to Raaymakers for a second straight game over Jordan Kooy.
It’s hard to argue after the over-ager put together one of his best outings last Sunday in Guelph. Even though this is a three-in-three weekend, the Saturday game against Kitchener starts in the late afternoon at home. The recovery time is more acceptable for back-to-back starts.
“They’re definitely battling,” Steadman said. “There’s nothing better when you have two goalies going like this. They’re both playing really well. We’re going to feel it out game-by-game. If Raaymakers does what he did in Guelph, I’m sure he’ll be back in (Saturday).”
Before puck drop Friday, Raaymakers had Kooy had played an identical 239 minutes. Kooy, a Vegas prospect, has the best goals-against average in the league.
Knights charge too little too late

Reactions: Fastpace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad