London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Excellent team effort for a 6-2 win over Kitchener

They are playing Dale's hockey system, and today they were ready from opening faceoff.

With the Knights 39 shots on net, you know who's been chasing the puck all night and which team got tired in the game. So important to have puck possession and with it more time to setup good shots on net.

Reactions: zman77

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Hey Knights fans!

I'll be in London on Nov 9th when the Wolves are in town. Just wondering if I could get ticket advice? Is there a section where visiting fans usually sit? Should i maybe sit behind the visitors bench? How much are tickets? Just looking for whatever insight I can get.

Thanks!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Stars Of The Game

7681.jpg

First
Connor McMichael.........2 Goals.......+1.......6 Shots.......6/9 Draws

London
7910.jpg

Second
Sahil Panwar...........1 Goal (1st OHL)............+2..............2 Shots

London

7905.jpg

Third
Adam Boqvist............3 Assists......................+2......................1 Shot
London

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Billy Moskal.............Excellent Game
1 Goal & 1 Assist...........6 Shots...........5/12 Draws

Mathew Timms........Good Player but needs to improve Passing
2 Assists
imho, Timms needs to make the 'easy pass' available to him.
Also, adjust his stick perhaps at the blade 'cause his passing accuracy is off.

Antonio Stranges..........Good Game
At 16 yrs. old he is the man who can control the PP.
Excellent passer from all angles..............backhand and forehand.

Riley Coome........................Solid Game.
He's improved his skating a lot for this season.
Passing..............Yes, he makes the 'easy pass' on the tape.

Josh Nelson.........................Ultimate 'Team Player'
Speedster works hard throughout every shift including Penalty Kill.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Hey Knights fans!

I'll be in London on Nov 9th when the Wolves are in town. Just wondering if I could get ticket advice? Is there a section where visiting fans usually sit? Should i maybe sit behind the visitors bench? How much are tickets? Just looking for whatever insight I can get.

Thanks!
At times, visiting fans sit in a group in section 310, I believe, but usually you see visiting fans scattered throughout the arena. If you'd like to sit behind the Wolves bench, then it's either section 105 or 106. I might have an extra ticket in section 107 if you're planning on attending solo.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
6-2 Knights
Most of the players I called out in an earlier post showed up this afternoon. I think Popov had a couple of assists, and came close to scoring too. Boqvist was solid--beautiful long pass to Guskov who dished off to McMichael for his second of the game. Moskal scored and had at least one assist, worked his tail off.
One of my favourite things about junior hockey is seeing a rookie score his first OHL goal--Panwar waited for a nationally televised game to score his first. He earned his ice time.
Maybe the team plays better when Kooy's in net--compared to last night's game, it was '"k"night and day' (pun intended). Will the real London Knights please stand up?
For the Rangers, I like the Sebrango kid; he reminds me a little of McAvoy on the Bruins (only Sebrango shoots left). Maybe it's the way he skates (kind of hunched) and handles the puck.
Not sure why Richardson was pulled--I thought he made some big saves--unless it was to spark the team. Gareffa with a nice goal.

Hedon rating 9/10

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Hey Knights fans!

Thanks!

If its just one ticket you need PM me (free tic). Ill be out of town for a hockey tourney that night.
Lower bowl aisle seat.
But if Nelli has a seat for ya, Id take it. Good convo, good guy.

Reactions: Otto and nelli27

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
Not sure if someone wrote about it but why didn’t Foudy play?
Hurt?
Called up?
Resting?

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Maybe the team plays better when Kooy's in net--compared to last night's game, it was '"k"night and day' (pun intended). Will the real London Knights please stand up?
No question about it. Knights play a different game depending on who is in net. Not a single odd man rush this afternoon.
Even Timms played well.

Reactions: sbpointer

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

I second this sentiment... if you have the chance to sit with Nelli you take it. You won't regret it! Even better if it's a road game.... in Barrie.... in the playoffs

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Good game for the boys tonight. McMichael is cementing himself as the go to finisher. It was nice to see Dunkley and Moskal on the board. 51 is terrible and it’s clear which OA is contributing. Boqvist gets on the board with 3 assists but still is shaky in his own zone. Great game for Tymkin and Panwar lots of effort. No issues with Golden tonight as he was good defensively and had a nice offensive rush that created a good scoring opportunity.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Sarnia troll here.
PLEASE start Raaymakers tomorrow. His record vs Sarnia is laughable, including SSM days versus a crappy Sarnia team. (Look it up!)
Kooy kills us.

Reactions: sbpointer

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
At times, visiting fans sit in a group in section 310, I believe, but usually you see visiting fans scattered throughout the arena. If you'd like to sit behind the Wolves bench, then it's either section 105 or 106. I might have an extra ticket in section 107 if you're planning on attending solo.

If its just one ticket you need PM me (free tic). Ill be out of town for a hockey tourney that night.
Lower bowl aisle seat.

Haha thanks guys, really cool of you to offer. I'll be attending with my girlfriend though so I'll need to buy two tickets.

Should I buy ahead of time then? Ill keep sec 105-107 in mind.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Bouchard was a -2 last night but according to oilers board he is one ofnthe best on the back end yikes

If their fans are anything like some of our fans they'd only see the offensive side of his play, Bouchard has some serious flaws on the reverse side and it leads me to believe he will be back in London before long.

I second this sentiment... if you have the chance to sit with Nelli you take it. You won't regret it! Even better if it's a road game.... in Barrie.... in the playoffs
I sure miss those wings in Belleville!
I miss our road trips Nelli. I think we need to do one this year to Sarnia or Missy in memory of Fansince 65

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The Knights have been playing the same system for the last 7-8 games. Like anything else it takes time and lots of pratice to get good at it, some games it don't work too good and in others it works great. What the coaching is looking for is team consistency, some players may have off nights but it's easier to compensate in a team system well executed. This year's team despite their recent losing skid, we can readily notice they are well ahead of last year's pace, and they had players the likes of Thomas, Pu, Miletic, Jones, Bouchard and Formenton on that team.

I am still very exited with this year's overall team play with defense first approach, for most of these young group of players had only learned on offensive side of their game. Except for Guskov this kid is unbelievably smart with the puck on his stick, he's the sure package with both his defense and offence plays, at only 17 and he's as ready now to play NHL hockey. We are almost sure to lose Guskov next year, the Hunter struck gold with this (Thomas like ) kid but a little better yet at this age. IMHO

- Depending on their team consistency and execution of team play the Knights could gradually start to move up the chart very soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach and zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad