London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...too early to start wondering if we should have kept Koly?

Doubt it was even an option...but it’s getting hard to see a contending team here.
I've never seen one. Talent yes...but nowhere near a contending team..even during camp. Shows how much merit you can put in the CHL top 10 before a puck is even dropped. I've seen Bantam teams bigger than our current roster.

Reactions: zman77

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Guskov had a good game.
Maybe Hunter can pry away from Oshawa a couple of their Big Skilled forwards for Golden and a bag of pucks.
What a Puny bunch of forwards.
Lost most of the puck battles until the last 7 minutes when they had the extra man plus PP .

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
If we get Bouchard back, these close games turn into wins for the Knights, he would be a HUUUUUUGE addition to this team.....then add Formenton and a couple of trades and we contend with anybody......patience Knightsfans!
If we had Kooy in goal that would have actually been a close game. These guys had nothing to play in front of last night. I don't like to rag on single junior hockey players but the perceived lack of effort from the crease last night almost caused me to leave early.... Then I realized I don't get a refund so might as well see if the other 18 kids could salvage it.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
If we had Kooy in goal that would have actually been a close game. These guys had nothing to play in front of last night. I don't like to rag on single junior hockey players but the perceived lack of effort from the crease last night almost caused me to leave early.... Then I realized I don't get a refund so might as well see if the other 18 kids could salvage it.
I can’t disagree more with your comment, defensively we were terrible. Razor made the first save countless times, the defence have to be first to the puck and clear traffic in front. We can’t win games with bad defence and no scoring with a 3% power play efficiency.

Reactions: sbpointer

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
I can’t disagree more with your comment, defensively we were terrible. Razor made the first save countless times, the defence have to be first to the puck and clear traffic in front. We can’t win games with bad defence and no scoring with a 3% power play efficiency.

I knew this response would come from somewhere that why I referenced the perceived lack of effort not the performance alone. Two things I will mention is making the first stop is the bare minimum not the standard and with the effort we've seen so far this season ( save maybe the Guelph game ) 32 hasn't given the skaters the feeling he can bail them out when they do falter. His rebound control has been sub par at best and frankly he looks like he could care less about being here. I'm not in the room I don't talk to the kid so I could be way wrong but it sure looks that way.

Does Flint have any draft picks left? Maybe the Knights could use one or two more...

1st goal of the game is all on Razor. There is no way a rebound should kick to that spot from where it was shot if played correctly by the tender. Penalty shot it was like he put a bow on it for Studnicka. The good saves are there each game, it's the one's he SHOULD have that are deflating a young team. Body language speaks volumes as a goaltender. I see no swagger and little to no moxie when you actually should display it. Some could say "cool as a cucumber" but I would dispute it. Did anyone see Keyser shake his head when he coughed the rebound right back out front for a 2nd shot in the slot. He made the saves but you could read he was
A. pissed that the guy was that open
and
B. he was pissed he booted it out on a platter in front.
That's what you want to see from your tender. Some intestinal fortitude

Last edited:
Reactions: Otto

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
1st goal of the game is all on Razor. There is no way a rebound should kick to that spot from where it was shot if played correctly by the tender. Penalty shot it was like he put a bow on it for Studnicka. The good saves are there each game, it's the one's he SHOULD have that are deflating a young team. Body language speaks volumes as a goaltender. I see no swagger and little to no moxie when you actually should display it. Some could say "cool as a cucumber" but I would dispute it. Did anyone see Keyser shake his head when he coughed the rebound right back out front for a 2nd shot in the slot. He made the saves but you could read he was
A. pissed that the guy was that open
and
B. he was pissed he booted it out on a platter in front.
That's what you want to see from your tender. Some intestinal fortitude
I think he might be frustrated in not getting the support from the team in front of him, his rebound must be better but the loss is not on him.

I think he might be frustrated in not getting the support from the team in front of him, his rebound must be better but the loss is not on him.
Didn't say the loss is on him...but he didn't compete enough on 2 of the goals in my opinion. A look down the other end of the rink watching Keyser do headstand after headstand might have a bit to do with that. You gotta call a spade a spade even if you're a fan. He looked off, and has looked off for stretches so far this early season

Reactions: Fastpace

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Didn't say the loss is on him...but he didn't compete enough on 2 of the goals in my opinion. A look down the other end of the rink watching Keyser do headstand after headstand might have a bit to do with that. You gotta call a spade a spade even if you're a fan. He looked off, and has looked off for stretches so far this early season
Fair enough he does have to improve just I don’t see it as the biggest problem at the moment. Defence is a mess

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Jk6oIcxr_bigger.jpg
Bob Stauffer‏Verified account @Bob_Stauffer 58m58 minutes ago

RNH-McDavid-Yamamoto
Rieder-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Strome-Chiasson
Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Gravel-Bouchard

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I left last night's game before the halfway mark of the 3rd period...at the time, it was 3-0 for Oshawa, and Hunter was still using the trap! That was enough for me.
The team can't score. I thought Moskal and Popov finished last season with some good point production and they'd carry that into this year...not so.
Popov...8 games, 0 goals, 0 assists;
Moskal...9 games, 1 goal;
Dunkley...9 games, 2 goals;
Turko...9 games, 0 goals
Boqvist...8 games, 0 goals
Total goals from defencemen: 1 (Lochead)
I enjoy watching Stranges and McMichael...that's the extent to which this team entertains me.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I left last night's game before the halfway mark of the 3rd period...at the time, it was 3-0 for Oshawa, and Hunter was still using the trap! That was enough for me.
The team can't score. I thought Moskal and Popov finished last season with some good point production and they'd carry that into this year...not so.
Popov...8 games, 0 goals, 0 assists;
Moskal...9 games, 1 goal;
Dunkley...9 games, 2 goals;
Turko...9 games, 0 goals
Boqvist...8 games, 0 goals
Total goals from defencemen: 1 (Lochead)
I enjoy watching Stranges and McMichael...that's the extent to which this team entertains me.

Yup, haven't really seen a lot of guys take the steps forward that we expected.

Dunkley at least is producing (10 points). Don't think Popov really offers all that much though.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Never really was a fan of Popov. This team needs actual RW’s, not a bunch of LH C’s and LW’s thrown in. The Knights have 2, Tymkin and Evangelista. It’s time to address that.
Popov, Nelson, Golden and Raaymakers should be on the trade block. Or Jr B block.
Hope for some NHL returnees so they can acquire some actual RW’s and defenceman for the next 2 years.
Turko, Tymkin and Moskal is a good 4th line.

Reactions: nelli27

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
London vs Kitchener
Kooy and Richardson the tenders
Foudy, Evangelista, and Keane not dressed for Knights while Hall and McHugh out for the Rangers.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
With all due respect when your team has the top rated goalie and are second best in goal against in the league I hardly think Knights defense is a mess.

Raaymakers is not playing at par with a lot inconsistency at the moment but should improve once he find his groove, personally I prefer Kooy as the #1 goalie. The Knights are playing well and are learning the team system, every team against the Knights usually puts in an extra effort, and that alone has to help the Knights in the long run by keeping them on their toes every game. IMHP

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Decent start to today’s game. Our netminder has been solid. 3 turnovers so far for 51. He’s awful, and what makes it worse is he is using up an OA Card. Brutal. 32’s rebound control (like I said) last night and for the year hasn’t been good. And to use an OA spot means he needs to be one of your best players. I’m fine keeping 4 as an OA but that’s it. #tradeTimms

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Hey Totally agree but then again who won Oshawa's 100th game in net. I remember there were posters about who scored the knights who really cares 1000 goal. IRRELEVANT. dont know you Fastpace but you do give great insight and info:nod::nod:
Since that was a shot at me I'll let you know that the posts were designed with the intent of providing Knights fans with a little bit of history. Irrelevant? No, since it pertains to the Knights and this is a Knights message board. Not an Ice Dogs message board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad