London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarnerMatthews

Jun 27, 2017
Lucan Kraft hockeyville tonight! Got my ticket, excited to watch some former (and hopefully current London Knights)

Reactions: zman77

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
London Knights Retweeted
Chris Johnston‏Verified account @reporterchris 2h2 hours ago

Guy Boucher says Alex Formenton has "McDavid-like speed."

Uh... No he doesn't. I am going to watch him today to confirm that statement, but McDavid is probably the fastest hockey skater in the world. If Formenton had even half the other skills McDavid had, he would have already stuck in the NHL by now. Or at least dominated the OHL a lot more than he has.

Some coaches like to pump up their young talents' tires. Ottawa especially needs that right now because if they are not busy pumping those up, then they have nothing to hide the fact that most of their tires on are fire.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Columbus vs Chicago tonight.
Foudy scores on his only shot. Gets third star.
Raaymakers plays the third and stops a Boqvist point blank shot.
Joe did not allow any goals.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Alex Formenton will get good chance to show Senators he belongs

Bruce Garrioch
Updated: September 18, 2018
LUCAN, Ont. —

Alex Formenton started his battle for a job on the Ottawa Senators’ roster in familiar territory Tuesday night.
If he doesn’t make the club coming out of training camp, Formenton will be sent back to the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League, but, if you listen to Senators head coach Guy Boucher, it sounds as if the speedy 19-year-old winger has a job on the opening night roster to lose.
Formenton made the National Hockey League club coming out of camp last season before being returned to junior, and he’ll be given a good chance again in 2018.
“Everybody will talk about his speed, It’s clear he’s the (Connor) McDavid-type of speed in terms of how he looks and how light he is on his feet. His glide is unbelievable.” Boucher said. “But what people bypass is that he’s an extremely hard-working kid. He’s got all the mental tools to be in the NHL. That’s what impressed me last year.
“He goes to the net, he pays the price, he’s first on the puck and taking checks to make plays happen. It’s always, ‘Yes sir. What do you want me to do?’ It’s never any, ‘I should be this and I’m good at that.’ It’s always, ‘What do you need, coach?’ and that’s always a coach’s dream.
“When you see that type of work ethic with that type of speed it’s always a great combination.”
Alex Formenton will get good chance to show Senators he belongs

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Liam Foudy scores in his debut with CBJ
8WeCw4pp_bigger.jpg
Columbus Blue Jackets‏Verified account @BlueJacketsNHL 2h2 hours ago

"His best asset is his skating... man you see him when he gets going, he can skate.
" Assistant Coach Larsen on
@foudshow.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The Knights start their season at #2 rank in the CHL behind #1 Halifax and ahead of #3 Lethbridge

#4. Drummondville
#5. Niagara
#6. Spokane
#7. Portland
#8. Saginaw
#9. Rimouski
#10 Ottawa

Honourable Mention

Cap Breton
Vancouver
Oshawa

*** Sorry Knights 2729. Didn't notice your post just ahead of mine

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
FEATURE:

Boqvist reflects on valuable offseason experience

Boqvist is getting his first taste of the NHL and he's learning every day

by Austin Siegel / chicagoblackhawks.com
September 19th, 2018

Adam Boqvist spent Wednesday morning messing around with teammates after practice. He took a few shots at former Conn Smythe winner Cam Ward, alongside Jonathan Toews, a five-time NHL All-Star, and Patrick Kane, who's won just about everything.
Next to his star-studded teammates, Boqvist didn't look out of place.
While Boqvist may soon be out of time with the Blackhawks, as he's expected to report to the London Knights for the 2018-19 OHL season, he said his first NHL training camp has been a valuable experience.
"It's so good to be around NHL players, to try and enjoy so much here and take all the stuff that they throw at me," Boqvist said. "Of course, I talk to [Keith and Seabrook] a lot and they've helped me so much. I hope that I can be here one day with them."
The eighth-overall pick in the 2018 NHL Draft is coming to the end of a long offseason program in Chicago. Since being drafted, Boqvist took part in the Blackhawks Development Camp in July, before heading to Traverse City, Mich. to play in the 2018 NHL Prospect Tournament earlier this month.
He got his first taste of NHL action on Tuesday night, traveling with the Blackhawks to Columbus where he played 18 minutes in a 4-1 preseason loss to the Blue Jackets.
"The game was not the best one, but a preseason game is a preseason game. So hopefully, I can take some steps to play better," he said. "I was a little nervous when I saw [Blue Jackets defender] Seth Jones and that type of player. I've looked up to them."
Boqvist also added that he knew about the cannon that the Blue Jackets fire off at Nationwide Arena after they score a goal. But he said he learned plenty from his first minutes of game action.
"You don't have too much time with the puck and you need to make a good first pass," Boqvist said. "I think I started pretty slow but then I stepped up my game a little bit."
The next stop in Boqvist's 2018 odyssey will likely be to the London Knights of the OHL, where he will look to put his experience with the Blackhawks to use against younger competition.
"I'm going to try and take everything with me," he said. "You have to try and be a leader."
FEATURE: Boqvist reflects on valuable offseason experience

Reactions: Fastpace

stips

Apr 3, 2016
It is way too easy for London to win the Memorial Cup.
I also feel they should send the Stanley Cup to London for permanent display!

Reactions: webegtodiffer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad