London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Knights need to focus on winning with roster they have right now

Ryan Pyette
Updated: October 18, 2018

Alex Formenton isn’t swooping back to London from the Ottawa Senators to score 40 goals any time soon.
Evan Bouchard could rescue this power play — but he’s busy trying to stick with the Oilers.
This is the roster the Knights have right now and it is a pivotal time for the players here to prove they’re one of the better teams in the Ontario Hockey League — with or without additional help.
Even with a rather pedestrian 4-3-1 record that saw them tumble out of the Canadian Hockey League’s weekly top 10 poll, London has every reason to remain optimistic.
This is an opportunistic time in the league.
There is no juggernaut like Sault Ste. Marie was last year. There might not even be a club at the same calibre of Hamilton, who brought in Knights captain Robert Thomas to win the playoff crown.
There are some pretty solid teams in the OHL, but every one of them has flaws. Many of them need better goaltending and that has become ridiculously difficult — and expensive — to find lately.
The Knights don’t need help in net.
They are certainly in much better shape than they were a year ago, when they had to dig themselves out from a 1-8-1 start.
BUSY AGAIN: The Knights have another full weekend of games, but with way less travel — Friday against Oshawa at Budweiser Gardens, Saturday afternoon against Kitchener at the Bud (3:30 p.m.) and Sunday afternoon in Sarnia. They’re also hoping for a full blue line (Jacob Golden has been back in full equipment and Will Lochead is eligible to return Saturday from suspension).
“Every weekend, you want to win all the games,” London coach Dale Hunter said. “They adjusted to the three-in-three last week pretty well and know what to expect. We’ve got another three-in-three and it’s a good test again.”
The Knights spent extra time in video sessions this week. Part of it was to clean up their own end and look at reading the rush better, but another factor was the schedule.
“You’re looking at six games in 10 days,” Hunter said, “so rest is a big thing. It’s a lot of work the kids do. You want to make sure they’re ready.”
London Knights need to focus on winning with roster they have right now

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Knights need to focus on winning with roster they have right now

Ryan Pyette
Updated: October 18, 2018

Alex Formenton isn’t swooping back to London from the Ottawa Senators to score 40 goals any time soon.
Evan Bouchard could rescue this power play — but he’s busy trying to stick with the Oilers.
This is the roster the Knights have right now and it is a pivotal time for the players here to prove they’re one of the better teams in the Ontario Hockey League — with or without additional help.
Even with a rather pedestrian 4-3-1 record that saw them tumble out of the Canadian Hockey League’s weekly top 10 poll, London has every reason to remain optimistic.
This is an opportunistic time in the league.
There is no juggernaut like Sault Ste. Marie was last year. There might not even be a club at the same calibre of Hamilton, who brought in Knights captain Robert Thomas to win the playoff crown.
There are some pretty solid teams in the OHL, but every one of them has flaws. Many of them need better goaltending and that has become ridiculously difficult — and expensive — to find lately.
The Knights don’t need help in net.
They are certainly in much better shape than they were a year ago, when they had to dig themselves out from a 1-8-1 start.
BUSY AGAIN: The Knights have another full weekend of games, but with way less travel — Friday against Oshawa at Budweiser Gardens, Saturday afternoon against Kitchener at the Bud (3:30 p.m.) and Sunday afternoon in Sarnia. They’re also hoping for a full blue line (Jacob Golden has been back in full equipment and Will Lochead is eligible to return Saturday from suspension).
“Every weekend, you want to win all the games,” London coach Dale Hunter said. “They adjusted to the three-in-three last week pretty well and know what to expect. We’ve got another three-in-three and it’s a good test again.”
The Knights spent extra time in video sessions this week. Part of it was to clean up their own end and look at reading the rush better, but another factor was the schedule.
“You’re looking at six games in 10 days,” Hunter said, “so rest is a big thing. It’s a lot of work the kids do. You want to make sure they’re ready.”
London Knights need to focus on winning with roster they have right now
Sounds good...all they can do is try their best

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

Gloverone2020

Oct 2, 2018
Is it me, or am I astonished at how well Evan Bouchard can speak French.

Well bouchard is a French name. Probably speaks it at home , especially with how popular it seems to be going to French immersion public school and highschool. Bouchard?? Probably went to french immers as well...

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Well bouchard is a French name. Probably speaks it at home , especially with how popular it seems to be going to French immersion public school and highschool. Bouchard?? Probably went to french immers as well...

Bouchard does speak it fairly well, but not without the heavy English accent.
I watched the game last night and he’s making much the same mistake in his own zone with numerous blind passes cut off by opponents. He is having some problems adjusting the NHL speed. I suspect he will be back in London soon.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
Bouchard does speak it fairly well, but not without the heavy English accent.
I watched the game last night and he’s making much the same mistake in his own zone with numerous blind passes cut off by opponents. He is having some problems adjusting the NHL speed. I suspect he will be back in London soon.

Yep. From observation, he looks like the typical Junior dman with potential, and is trying to make his way to the NHL too early. But, you never can tell until a player is given the opportunity. I agree, and think he'll be back with the team soon.

BTW, did anyone see the intercept that CMD made in that game and then set-up the OT winner... pretty cool. :yo:

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I always look forward to the Generals coming to town--never boring. This is no well-oiled London Knight machine by any means. Eventually they'll gel and play like a team...just don't know how long that will take.

Not long Nelli, not very long.

I like the performance of our young players and I kind of think they are on the edge of starting a win streak very soon, all games the Knights lost (Except for I period in Soo's game) have been close games and that's a very good sign for the very young team

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Boucher still waiting, wondering who might be back for Habs game

Bruce Garrioch October 18, 2018

Guy Boucher is playing the waiting game.
Fortunately, he’s still got a little bit of time with the Ottawa Senators in the midst of a four-day break in the schedule.
As the Senators wrapped up their skate Thursday at the Canadian Tire Centre, the club’s coach had more questions than answers when it came to filling out his lineup card for Saturday’s visit by the Montreal Canadiens.
There was one piece of good news because winger Mark Stone was back on the ice after skipping Wednesday’s visit to the Robert Guertin Arena. He will be ready to play against the Habs and opted for rest to make sure everything was fine.
“I just took an extra day to calm the body down a bit,” said Stone. “I felt really good (Thursday) at practice so I’ll be playing Saturday.”
That’s the only guarantee on the injury front.
While Brady Tkachuk (leg), Cody Ceci (upper body) and Alex Formenton (concussion) are definitely sidelined until next week, Boucher isn’t sure if Ryan Dzingel (lower body) and Max McCormick (lower body) will be able return for the first visit by the Habs this season.
“I’d love to tell you the lineup for Saturday, but I really don’t know,” Boucher told reporters at his daily news conference.
Since the Senators don’t get breaks like this often, they’re trying desperately to make the best use of their time. Coming off a 4-1 win over the Dallas Stars on Monday, they have spent the past few days working on areas that need improvement if they’re going to compete for a playoff spot.
Sure, the timing of this break is strange at the start of the season, but you won’t find anybody complaining about the down time. Starting with the visit by the Habs, the Senators will play 12 games in the next 22 days, and six of those are going to be on the road.
Garrioch: Boucher still waiting, wondering who might be back for Habs game

Reactions: Fastpace

three dog night

May 3, 2014
What about your dogs though.... Blows my mind that Niagara has won only 5 of their 11 games. They should be really good but aren't playing like it
Not sure if Oshawa has injuries but the Dogs have not been full strength all season so far two of their losses were in overtime.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Not sure if Oshawa has injuries but the Dogs have not been full strength all season so far two of their losses were in overtime.

The dogs are missing non-drafted NHL d-men, not their best players. You constantly rip on every other team for being a disappointment but are quick to say "but we're missing our 6th D-man" when your team's win % is below .500 after 11 games...

three dog night

May 3, 2014
The dogs are missing non-drafted NHL d-men, not their best players. You constantly rip on every other team for being a disappointment but are quick to say "but we're missing our 6th D-man" when your team's win % is below .500 after 11 games...
Again just because there not drafted dies not mean there not good Roberts is an exciting player with a great shot and Ham is back but a bit rusty there actually over five hundred percentage wise with their two overtime losses

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
When was the last time us Knights fans got to see a sombrero tossed ? It's been way too long, but I'm predicting that we may get to see one this game. Players most likley... McMichael or Foudy.

Reactions: Fastpace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad