HF Habs: List of Hab Scouts

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Serge Boisvert...International Crossover Scout. lol. While the position is important, I don't understand how Boisvert is qualified. Then...only 1?

The idea here is that each scout comes with their list. Then, it's for somebody to try to put them in a list with that crossover scout to go and see all those guys for himself and be able to differentiate between areas. So....only 1 guy? I guess Timmins will do crossovers as well. But this is something you should have more than 1. And most importantly...someboyd qualified. Really important job. Which brings again the question...Serge Boisvert? lol

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Can someone do a recap of the before and after of the scouting structure? I'm just curious as to what changes happened exactly....thank you.

I mean if it's the same scouts except with bigger titles, especially in Europe, then we are just changing 4 quarters for a dollar.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Can someone do a recap of the before and after of the scouting structure? I'm just curious as to what changes happened exactly....thank you.

I mean if it's the same scouts except with bigger titles, especially in Europe, then we are just changing 4 quarters for a dollar.

not much changed, Rockstrom now in charge of all Euro, he was our Swedish scout but they hired a new one during the year we drafted Norlinder and Rockstrom oversaw Sweden/Finland I believe. Now he overseas all Euro leagues despite a poor record with us after such great years with the wings/NYR. It sounds like they are just adding some pro titles to some of the other guys.

Reactions: WinterLion

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Serge Boisvert...International Crossover Scout. lol. While the position is important, I don't understand how Boisvert is qualified. Then...only 1?

The idea here is that each scout comes with their list. Then, it's for somebody to try to put them in a list with that crossover scout to go and see all those guys for himself and be able to differentiate between areas. So....only 1 guy? I guess Timmins will do crossovers as well. But this is something you should have more than 1. And most importantly...someboyd qualified. Really important job. Which brings again the question...Serge Boisvert? lol

We have kind of a weird chain of command with the draft anyway, in the end none of it really matters. Timmins seems to have the final veto on every pick and Bergevin, who's a former scout himself, weights in pretty heavy as well on draft day . Our scouts don't seem to have a lot of power.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I think both Romanov and Norlinder were invited to and stood out during the teams European combine. This has proven to be a worthwhile initiative so I like that the team is focused on finding under scouted guys in Europe and hopefully getting more valuable info on them with their own combine.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
if-you-could-fire-everyone-now-thatd-be-great.jpg

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Here is the full interview:

For what it's worth, I really like that the Habs have put together this podcast with Dumont. Offers great access to players, prospects, and personnel.

Nice! I always liked Shutron as a player.

Haha.... guess I've been sleeping for a few months...

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
not much changed, Rockstrom now in charge of all Euro, he was our Swedish scout but they hired a new one during the year we drafted Norlinder and Rockstrom oversaw Sweden/Finland I believe. Now he overseas all Euro leagues despite a poor record with us after such great years with the wings/NYR. It sounds like they are just adding some pro titles to some of the other guys.

Thanks. So our European scouting that's been amongst the worst in the league (if not the worst) did basically nothing except promote the same guy who was part of said worst scouting to oversee it all...nice job Bozovin and Timwit.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Yes Timmins and Lapointe are doing it to but I agree that I'm not sure that Boisvert is the best candidate for that job

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

And how are you qualified to evaluate what it takes to be qualified to do that job ? lol

Reactions: dralaf

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I know he was something along the lines of a scout/director of player personnel for the AHL/ECHL after he was removed from being the Laval Rocket GM. And it was a role he was actually good at because Laval had signed some interesting players to AHL deals and then found some good ones from the ECHL for PTOs and ATOs.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I know he was something along the lines of a scout/director of player personnel for the AHL/ECHL after he was removed from being the Laval Rocket GM. And it was a role he was actually good at because Laval had signed some interesting players to AHL deals and then found some good ones from the ECHL for PTOs and ATOs.

Everybody seem to not like that guy, but like you said he's doing a good job

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007

That was Larry not Nick. Nick appears to be replacing his father, the king is dead long live the king

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto

They're was a comment made once upon a time in those scouting videos from the draft, that Serge, Timmins and I think Churla would all do it, (berg too if he was around). Still only 2 now but better then 1 along with Lapointe I guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad