HF Habs: List of Hab Scouts

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
It was already reported a while ago the Neil Little was listed as a Habs scout at a Hershey Bears game. Godin & Basu both confirmed in The Athletic that Little is the team's goaltending scout.
Maybe one day, the Habs will annonce the new hire in the scouting department or they will put them in there hockey ops page.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It was already reported a while ago the Neil Little was listed as a Habs scout at a Hershey Bears game. Godin & Basu both confirmed in The Athletic that Little is the team's goaltending scout.
Noticed that the Florida Panthers have created a new department dealing specifically with goalies:

“Florida Panthers General Manager Bill Zito announced today that the club has expanded its goaltending staff with the establishment of its innovative Goaltending Excellence Department and has hired renowned goaltending expert and coach Francois Allaire as a Goaltending Consultant.

Allaire will assist Special Advisor to the General Manager Roberto Luongo to oversee the organization's Goaltending Excellence Department. …

The Panthers first-of-its-kind department will focus on a comprehensive, integrated experience and program for all goaltenders in the Panthers system and will coordinate and oversee coaching, development and scouting. Upon joining the organization, a Panthers goaltender will experience consistent communication, guidance and unified instruction from the goaltending excellence staff.”

Is this a precursor of things to come with other organizations? Will the Habs follow suit?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Noticed that the Florida Panthers have created a new department dealing specifically with goalies:

“Florida Panthers General Manager Bill Zito announced today that the club has expanded its goaltending staff with the establishment of its innovative Goaltending Excellence Department and has hired renowned goaltending expert and coach Francois Allaire as a Goaltending Consultant.

Allaire will assist Special Advisor to the General Manager Roberto Luongo to oversee the organization's Goaltending Excellence Department. …

The Panthers first-of-its-kind department will focus on a comprehensive, integrated experience and program for all goaltenders in the Panthers system and will coordinate and oversee coaching, development and scouting. Upon joining the organization, a Panthers goaltender will experience consistent communication, guidance and unified instruction from the goaltending excellence staff.”

Is this a precursor of things to come with other organizations? Will the Habs follow suit?
Many other teams have already follow that path.

If Carey Price wants to continue in hockey management, that's a title I could see him having (Overseeing the Goaltender Department) like Brodeur and Luongo

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Many other teams have already follow that path.
I wasn’t aware. Guess that article was a bit of a puff and marketing piece since they dubbed their new department as innovative.

We know how forward thinking Gorton is. How long before he does the same?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I wasn’t aware. Guess that article was a bit of a puff and marketing piece since they dubbed their new department as innovative.

We know how forward thinking Gorton is. How long before he does the same?
It was a new thing when they create it 2 yrs ago but many teams have done it since.

I do think they will create on. Like I add in my other post (I edit it), I could see Carey Price overseeing that department if he wants to stay in hockey.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It was a new thing when they create it 2 yrs ago but many teams have done it since.

I do think they will create on. Like I add in my other post (I edit it), I could see Carey Price overseeing that department if he wants to stay in hockey.
That’s a great idea, however, it could be some time before Price considers a second career. Can’t they start now with Little and add others to at least get it off the ground?

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
That’s a great idea, however, it could be some time before Price considers a second career. Can’t they start now with Little and add others to at least get it off the ground?
I actually first thought that Price would't want a 2nd career in hockey and go back home with his family, but his last comment in his PC made me think that it could be a possibility

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I actually first thought that Price would't want a 2nd career in hockey and go back home with his family, but his last comment in his PC made me think that it could be a possibility
Maybe I’m wrong but won’t Price have to finish his remaining contract years in order to move on full time to a second career? That would be what, another 4 years?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Maybe I’m wrong but won’t Price have to finish his remaining contract years in order to move on full time to a second career? That would be what, another 4 years?
With an other team your right, Ben Bishop could't take a job with Dallas because his contract now belong to Buffalo. I think that a player can have a title with the team if he's still with that team though (I'm made wrong)

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa

"The Roberto Luongo Innovative Goaltending Excellence Department For Kids Who Stop Pucks And Wanna Learn How To Get Better And Learn How To Do Other Goalie Stuff Good Too"

• Wow

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
"The Roberto Luongo Innovative Goaltending Excellence Department For Kids Who Stop Pucks And Wanna Learn How To Get Better And Learn How To Do Other Goalie Stuff Good Too"
Is that what it stands for? I thought it was a means for Roberto to get his brother Leo, a promotion. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad