HF Habs: List of Hab Scouts

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
we'll see as I would be more impressed if he was doing this in the SHL but hopefully he comes over next year and we get a better look at him.

I'm hoping that they new Swedish scout they hired last season will finally pay some dividends from Sweden for a change.
Happy to hear we have a new scout in Sweden, Is he replacing the one that probably went to the bat for guys like Olofsson, DLR ect or thats an add without substraction?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
we'll see as I would be more impressed if he was doing this in the SHL but hopefully he comes over next year and we get a better look at him.

I'm hoping that they new Swedish scout they hired last season will finally pay some dividends from Sweden for a change.

I had no idea they hired a new Swedish scout. It's about time.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Was this new Swedish scout responsible for the Oloffson over Hallander decision?

Maybe I'm misremembering things, but I could have sworn that that was Rockström. Timmins said that he ''was going to strangle [him]'' if he didn't pick Olofsson. I think that was Christer.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Happy to hear we have a new scout in Sweden, Is he replacing the one that probably went to the bat for guys like Olofsson, DLR ect or thats an add without substraction?

I moved this over to this thread, the op has all the scouts listed that I could find. Rockstrom is still there but he's now listed as a scout for Europe.

I had no idea they hired a new Swedish scout. It's about time.

Tommy Lehman

Reactions: Goldenhands

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Maybe I'm misremembering things, but I could have sworn that that was Rockström. Timmins said that he ''was going to strangle [him]'' if he didn't pick Olofsson. I think that was Christer.
I think you are right. Timmins better strangle him with those monstrous guns for not being to determine which player is better when they are on the same team...

Reactions: NotProkofievian

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
What, you mean to say the guy who's resume can be summed up with having recommended Lidstrom forty years ago, doesn't cut it anymore?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Didnt we recently replace our terrible Sweden scout? Also norlinder while a couple years away does look promising

If we did change scouts , thats great. Why not have 2 ?otsbof teams have great Swedish players. We draft Swedes as well as we draft out of the Q.

Hopefully better picks ahead, and having started with Norlinder.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
If we did change scouts , thats great. Why not have 2 ?otsbof teams have great Swedish players. We draft Swedes as well as we draft out of the Q.

Hopefully better picks ahead, and having started with Norlinder.
I have to agree i dont understand why this team doesn't use its monetary power where theres no cap stopping them like why not have multiple scouts it seems silly to me

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I have to agree i dont understand why this team doesn't use its monetary power where theres no cap stopping them like why not have multiple scouts it seems silly to me

In the salary cap NHL there are spots to use the financial advantage we have and for sure scouting is one area. And you know, a million bucks is a lot of extra scouts.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
In the salary cap NHL there are spots to use the financial advantage we have and for sure scouting is one area. And you know, a million bucks is a lot of extra scouts.
Would be 8 to 10 good ones. I’d take six digits to watch hockey

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
You right we aren’t using our financial edge enough. Amateur Scout don’t even have to be full time...
If that millions is the difference between drafting a Pastrnak, Barzal or a bust it will be well worth it.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Looking at the first comment of this thread, the prospect list from 2015, how depressing was that? I surely hope all these scouts were fired.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Looking at the first comment of this thread, the prospect list from 2015, how depressing was that? I surely hope all these scouts were fired.

Churla's gone, the famed Swedish scout wasn't fired but was moved sort of, they finally hired a new scout last year for Sweden and we got Norlinder who already looks better then anything Rockstrom ever did while with us. I had to think but I seem to recall some changes to the Q scouts a few years back but I could be wrong as I don't pay a lot of attention to that area.

of course you had 2 scouts die in Elmer Benning and Frank Jay.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Churla's gone, the famed Swedish scout wasn't fired but was moved sort of, they finally hired a new scout last year for Sweden and we got Norlinder who already looks better then anything Rockstrom ever did while with us. I had to think but I seem to recall some changes to the Q scouts a few years back but I could be wrong as I don't pay a lot of attention to that area.

of course you had 2 scouts die in Elmer Benning and Frank Jay.

There didn’t change anything for the Q scout. I hope Churla take Boisvert and Audette with him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->