Speculation: Let's Talk Contracts - RFA Qualifying Offers Due June 25th, 2019

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
A few teams have been putting their lists up. I haven't been on my laptop in two days, surfing through it on my phone is a royal PITA. :biglaugh:
Development camp starts tomorrow and we don't even have a roster yet. They probably won't announce their QOs until Monday at this rate.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Development camp starts tomorrow and we don't even have a roster yet. They probably won't announce their QOs until Monday at this rate.

I wonder if someone has secretly re-hired Regier. I recall a few of the mid-2000's Dev Camps not having a roster until the day of, and then those were even prone to change. I suppose we are simply used to immediacy now. :D

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That and Elie has been serviceable in all his other NHL stops. It's entirely plausible that last year was a down year....and when given the chance to be called up, he plays like he has in the past.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with him as a 14/15 type of "Ellis" player, as long as he can give them super-dull event hockey when he's up, ie. good defense and energy, no stupidity.

He was extremely well-liked in Dallas. I'm sure part of this is also room based if he has that sort of personality that guys just like him.

Reactions: Zman5778

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Yeah, I don't have a problem with him as a 14/15 type of "Ellis" player, as long as he can give them super-dull event hockey when he's up, ie. good defense and energy, no stupidity.

He was extremely well-liked in Dallas. I'm sure part of this is also room based if he has that sort of personality that guys just like him.
It’s funny that he’s such a 13th forward that he hasn’t reached vet status in the A.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Elie filed for arb.?

Ok then.

I believe we now get a 2nd buyout window since we had players file for arbitration. I doubt botterill actually uses it, but hey you never know!

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Who was the last Sabre to go to arbitration? Tim Kennedy? We know how that turned out for him.

Seriously, though I hope they get ERod and McCabe done before their dates, and probably Ullmark too. Can't see Elie's going well for him either way, but I really couldn't care unless it's crazy and for some reason the Sabres accept it.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Elie filed for arb.?

Ok then.

I believe we now get a 2nd buyout window since we had players file for arbitration. I doubt botterill actually uses it, but hey you never know!

Somebody would actually have to go through arbitration for the Sabres to get the second buyout window and it can only be used on a player with over a 3.4M salary. I don't think they have anybody worth buying out versus just waiving the dead weight with one year left (meaning Sobotka, Hunwick & maybe Scandella basically). I also would be surprised if anybody actually gets to arbitration.

DotComm can correct any misreading of the CapFriendly breakdown I perused.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad