OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They have also some famous lion prides that specialize in hunting elephants in Botswana where the majority of Kalahari is (it's also in SA and Namibia). I can never stomach to watch those videos where they catch a young elephant and when they get it down it can take hours before it dies while they eat it, same with big buffalos or hippos. The only time predators kill before they eat is when they are alone and they need to make sure that the prey cannot hurt them, or if they are nervous that other predators are nearby like leopards that are many times followed by hyenas and of course jaguars that almost always use the skull/brain bite. When a jaguar lets go, the prey is definitely dead. In one of the documentaries I have watched the zoologist showed a skull of a fairly large alligator that had been killed by a jaguar and they had the skull showing the holes into it. I mean that takes quite the force and you can see if you compare the face of a jaguar to a leopard, the jaguar has those rounded checks where the jaw muscles attach, like some dog breeds bred for jaw power.

Those young elephants literally getting eaten alive? That’s brutal to the nth degree.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Here is my movie star in his favorite position. Jacko.jpg

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So yeah I started watching Rebels earlier today. I'll probably finish it by New Year's eve :snide:

And about Mandalorian's last episode

I may have had some orgasms

Mando
Was great to see Luke as Jedi Master in his prime. I really didn't mind the CGI face. Was done better than Leia in Rogue One. I wouldn't mind seeing a series solely on Luke

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
How the hell can you do this to a poor dog, I hope she will get some sort of painful cancer in the end. Why not give the dog to the equivalent of the Humane Society here in the US or at least have it euthanized without pain (I would never do it but at least it is painless). That is one a big stone, poor Bella.

Woman pleads guilty in the attempted drowning case of Bella the dog

yMDGOuMO_400x400.jpg

uXjTQWjsdqOFWFj-1600x900-noPad.jpg

Part of her sentence should be to swim across that river holding that rock, in January

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
What did you like about it?
I love Mother! I love the new difficult world they have chosen to inhabit and all of the hardships it creates, such as the struggle for food and the possible interaction with some other deadly creatures. I love the eerie music, it makes me feel like something more is coming. Seeing her turn into the ultimate killing machine but then wanting to reconnect with her creator, her desire to be human, her love affair with her creator and now being pregnant and losing her eyes and her power, (I just want her to get those eyes back from Marcus).

I can't stand seeing her in such a vulnerable state. I want to see more from Campion, is he just human or is there something more, same with Paul, he is interesting as well. I am also wondering if there is a past connection between Marcus and Mother, he could not kill her(whispers of "let her live"). There is so much going on! I want to give this 9 out of 10 on the OldCraig's bumbling tv reviewer scale lol.

Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I love Mother! I love the new difficult world they have chosen to inhabit and all of the hardships it creates, such as the struggle for food and the possible interaction with some other deadly creatures. I love the eerie music, it makes me feel like something more is coming. Seeing her turn into the ultimate killing machine but then wanting to reconnect with her creator, her desire to be human, her love affair with her creator and now being pregnant and losing her eyes and her power, (I just want her to get those eyes back from Marcus).

I can't stand seeing her in such a vulnerable state. I want to see more from Campion, is he just human or is there something more, same with Paul, he is interesting as well. I am also wondering if there is a past connection between Marcus and Mother, he could not kill her(whispers of "let her live"). There is so much going on! I want to give this 9 out of 10 on the OldCraig's bumbling tv reviewer scale lol.

You an atheist, Craig? At minimum agnostic?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Maul will be there , guaranteed, the question is just will it be Ray Park or not :D

What's puzzling is how they fit Hayden's Vader into this thing honestly... as they don't ever meet again until New Hope.. and if they make Vader too involved it'll make no sense he never figures out Luke is on Tatooine,
I mean, I suspect the show won't take ENTIRELY place on only Tatooine but.. a lot of it should one would think
You can't have Vader gazing at or thinking about Tatooine THAT much and be so oblivious
So I'm thinking it'll be a much smaller role for Hayden
Either way I can't wait, Obi-wans my favorite character by far

Sorta hope the confrontation is more fleshed out though with Maul and Obi-wan. While I thought the end to the arc was appropriate, not gonna lie, I was hoping for something more epic lol.

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
They have also some famous lion prides that specialize in hunting elephants in Botswana where the majority of Kalahari is (it's also in SA and Namibia). I can never stomach to watch those videos where they catch a young elephant and when they get it down it can take hours before it dies while they eat it, same with big buffalos or hippos. The only time predators kill before they eat is when they are alone and they need to make sure that the prey cannot hurt them, or if they are nervous that other predators are nearby like leopards that are many times followed by hyenas and of course jaguars that almost always use the skull/brain bite. When a jaguar lets go, the prey is definitely dead. In one of the documentaries I have watched the zoologist showed a skull of a fairly large alligator that had been killed by a jaguar and they had the skull showing the holes into it. I mean that takes quite the force and you can see if you compare the face of a jaguar to a leopard, the jaguar has those rounded checks where the jaw muscles attach, like some dog breeds bred for jaw power.

Not interested either in seeing animals take down other animals,very unpleasant and don't go out of my way to see that stuff. Not as brutal but I saw a boa take a bird and even that was hard to see,and hearing the poor little bird chirping more and more weakly,just had to walk away,don't think I could stomach seeing the end result.
As uncomfortable as that is,it's the natural order of nature and wildlife. So disgusting beyond belief is the way they poach some rhinos and elephants.The disdain and hatred I have for those people are immeasurable.To go to such lengths for brainwashed naive people for the fallacy of medicine and mere ornamental jewelry and trinkets is incomprehensible.:rant::mad:

Appalling that South Africa that ''farms '' rhino horn humanly but are prohibited from selling it outside of SA. If permitted it would curtail the poaching.

A rather grim and disturbing doc:

Stroop: Journey into the Rhino Horn War (2018) - IMDb

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You an atheist, Craig? At minimum agnostic?
I think that I have somewhat of an agnostic view of our existence on this planet, I want to believe in spirituality and a creator/God is at the root of it all but I really don't know how to justify that belief I guess. It's hard for me to describe.

The ending got really f***ed up for me. Will I watch season 2? Hell yes but if Mother and Father do not come back then my interest will die quickly.

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I was quite amazed by the technique favored by jaguars, using their bite strength on the croc's brain.

I sought more videos of crocs vs caimans and almost all of them ended up with jaguars attacking the brain.

Only one I saw of a jaguar overcoming a croc with a different technique, it involved biting the underside of the bottom jaw -- which looks like a riskier manoever but works just the same. You can see it being used in the segment labeled as no. 3, in this top 10 compendium:

Per was mentioning that crocs have small brains and they do,but it works for them. They have the ability to hunt humans in boats in lake Tanganyika and other rivers in Africa,Australia as well. They jump out of the water and fall on the small skiffs and knock the boat over and it's a freaking smorgasbord.
Crocs kill a minimum of a thousand people annually. The actual toll is much higher as so many go unreported,and sharks get all the attention.:eek:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I think that I have somewhat of an agnostic view of our existence on this planet, I want to believe in spirituality and a creator/God is at the root of it all but I really don't know how to justify that belief I guess. It's hard for me to describe.

The ending got really f***ed up for me. Will I watch season 2? Hell yes but if Mother and Father do not come back then my interest will die quickly.

I'm pretty sure Mother & Father will remain central to the story.

Imo, the world they inhabit and previous events will unravel into something a lot more complex, related to how life came to earth, or at minimum, sentient life. Ridley Scott really really likes the fraud Daniken's Chariots of the Gods.

On another note, I really liked Travis Fimmel as Ragnar in Vikings, but his role in RBW has shown me he has a very limited bag of tricks. It's essentially Ragnar in space.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'm pretty sure Mother & Father will remain central to the story.

Imo, the world they inhabit and previous events will unravel into something a lot more complex, related to how life came to earth, or at minimum, sentient life. Ridley Scott really really likes the fraud Daniken's Chariots of the Gods.

On another note, I really liked Travis Fimmel as Ragnar in Vikings, but his role in RBW has shown me he has a very limited bag of tricks. It's essentially Ragnar in space.
I read that we might not see RBW season 2 until 2022 and if that is the case, I might have to watch season one again because I will have certainly forgotten things by then. I also read that they are unsure if Scott will be part of season 2.

'Raised by Wolves' Season 2 release date, trailer, more for the HBO Max sci-fi (inverse.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad