OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
All those killer animals, big cats, bears, would rather flee when they hear humans. Now Hippos on the other hand, they're real killers.

Indeed. I follow a show almost daily on YouTube called Wild Earth and they are basically wild life reserves in SA that apart from driving around human tourists that stay in those places in a nice safe surroundings and one these photo safaris getting very close to the animals they also film daily (early AM and until sundown) where a couple of cars with tourist guides that drive around with a photographer filming and streaming live. The closest danger I have seen them in are elephants that get pissed off. With regards to the big cats here is something I watched live when it happened last year with one of my favorite guides showing lion tracks and wanders fairly close to the Nkuhuma pride. :)

Reactions: Ozmodiar and peate

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'm totally bias....they could put a 2hrs show of a Stormtrooper doing his grocery that I would think it was good.
Still, The Mandalorian season 2 is worth the watch for any Star Wars fans.

Also watch the 1st episode of The Stand......very good start.

I just watched the last episode. Expect Disney to milk the **** out of Star Wars now :laugh:

My only hope is that they destroy the sequels

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I just watched the last episode. Expect Disney to milk the **** out of Star Wars now :laugh:

My only hope is that they destroy the sequels

To the last drop, when I saw your post....I almost told you to watch the last one right away cause it's kind of a big episode but I didn't wanted to spoil it. (Hope you watched the after credits scene too....if not, go watch).

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
To the last drop, when I saw your post....I almost told you to watch the last one right away cause it's kind of a big episode but I didn't wanted to spoil it. (Hope you watched the after credits scene too....if not, go watch).

I scrolled internet too far yesterday so I knew some spoilers. (was giggling at the spaceship approaching)

(thanks for the after credits, I didn't watch it thinking there was nothing)

Reactions: Milhouse40

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Kenobi series to hit the screens around late 2021.

*with Ewan McGregor

And Hayden Christensen.

Also the Bad Batch and Ahsoka series. There were rumors a few weeks or months ago that the Mando show would be about different "Mandalorians". This mando arc is over. Next would be Boba Fett and then probably Bo-Katan? I'm not sure what they'll do in the end.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
... jaguars have the strongest bite of any big cat so they are very adapted to killing crocodilians since they can bite into that tiny brain through all the armoured protection.

I was quite amazed by the technique favored by jaguars, using their bite strength on the croc's brain.

I sought more videos of crocs vs caimans and almost all of them ended up with jaguars attacking the brain.

Only one I saw of a jaguar overcoming a croc with a different technique, it involved biting the underside of the bottom jaw -- which looks like a riskier manoever but works just the same. You can see it being used in the segment labeled as no. 3, in this top 10 compendium:

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
And Hayden Christensen.

Also the Bad Batch and Ahsoka series. There were rumors a few weeks or months ago that the Mando show would be about different "Mandalorians". This mando arc is over. Next would be Boba Fett and then probably Bo-Katan? I'm not sure what they'll do in the end.

Pedro Pascal confirm he will return for another season so I guess we will switch to the darksaber angle for a while.
If Disney want to be relevant in the streaming business, they must add more stuffs than they are now, so I expect them to keep the series running as long as possible.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
S2 Was just full on fan Service. Like 100% fan service, casual and not so casual.

And honesly ? I f***ing loved it. I didn't really catch on with the X-wing, I mean, sure you think of it, but the X-wing is mass produced so who knows, but when you see the gloved hand, its just hype all over. And the force crush of the dark trooper just for show ? Made me giddy.

Im a sucker for fan service.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
And Hayden Christensen.

Mando is too popular, he'll remain central to the story, neither actors playing Bo-Katan nor Fett can carry a series. Both their arcs will play major roles though, but the Mandalorian IS Mando imo.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
S2 Was just full on fan Service. Like 100% fan service, casual and not so casual.

And honesly ? I f***ing loved it. I didn't really catch on with the X-wing, I mean, sure you think of it, but the X-wing is mass produced so who knows, but when you see the gloved hand, its just hype all over. And the force crush of the dark trooper just for show ? Made me giddy.

Im a sucker for fan service.

I hope they make the biggest SW fan service by bringing back Mace Windu

Before Samuel Jackson needs a cane to walk.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I hope they make the biggest SW fan service by bringing back Mace Windu

Before Samuel Jackson needs a cane to walk.
That would be awesome, but all the shows are taking place after ROTJ (9 ABY), Mace was born in -72, unless he's been using the force to slow his aging or hes a force ghost.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
That would be awesome, but all the shows are taking place after ROTJ (9 ABY), Mace was born in -72, unless he's been using the force to slow his aging or hes a force ghost.

Maybe in the Cassian Andors series which will take place before Rogue One

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
They *absolutely* will. It's a shining moment of clone wars. They'll figure something out

Depends when they set the timeline for Kenobi, I guess. He was there in Rebels too. I didn't watch the whole Clone Wars show but I noticed it was on Disney+ so I might do that soon (like literally on Christmas)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
For anyone into unrealistic gunfights and straight up action, the final season of Strike Back aired earlier this year. I didn’t even know it came out until a few weeks ago.

While I did prefer the earlier seasons with Sgts. Stonebridge and Scott, I grew to like the new group. This was their (the newer gang) best season IMO and they really went all out.

Solid 8/10 for the final season for me.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Depends when they set the timeline for Kenobi, I guess. He was there in Rebels too. I didn't watch the whole Clone Wars show but I noticed it was on Disney+ so I might do that soon (like literally on Christmas)

Maul will be there , guaranteed, the question is just will it be Ray Park or not :D

What's puzzling is how they fit Hayden's Vader into this thing honestly... as they don't ever meet again until New Hope.. and if they make Vader too involved it'll make no sense he never figures out Luke is on Tatooine,
I mean, I suspect the show won't take ENTIRELY place on only Tatooine but.. a lot of it should one would think
You can't have Vader gazing at or thinking about Tatooine THAT much and be so oblivious
So I'm thinking it'll be a much smaller role for Hayden
Either way I can't wait, Obi-wans my favorite character by far

Reactions: ArtPeur

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
The Kalahari is huge area and the Moremi game reserve is awesome,but that's pretty far North East of the Kalahari,coming from Windhoek anyways. There are plenty of game parks and reserves close by Windhoek and no need to cross borders. I'm not concerned about crocs,just keep distance and if on the water,a decent boat. Just have to keep alert and on your toes and make sure you're with the right people that know what they're doing.
Jaguars, interestingly enough,to some, have never have been reported killing a person. They crush the skull to kill rather than choke. I tried to see some in the wild but only saw prints,oh well! next time perhaps if another opportunity presents itself.

They have also some famous lion prides that specialize in hunting elephants in Botswana where the majority of Kalahari is (it's also in SA and Namibia). I can never stomach to watch those videos where they catch a young elephant and when they get it down it can take hours before it dies while they eat it, same with big buffalos or hippos. The only time predators kill before they eat is when they are alone and they need to make sure that the prey cannot hurt them, or if they are nervous that other predators are nearby like leopards that are many times followed by hyenas and of course jaguars that almost always use the skull/brain bite. When a jaguar lets go, the prey is definitely dead. In one of the documentaries I have watched the zoologist showed a skull of a fairly large alligator that had been killed by a jaguar and they had the skull showing the holes into it. I mean that takes quite the force and you can see if you compare the face of a jaguar to a leopard, the jaguar has those rounded checks where the jaw muscles attach, like some dog breeds bred for jaw power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad