OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Can mods please fix the ignore function so that we can still see threads started by posters we have on ignore?

It was quite a while before I figured out why there didn't seem to be part 2 of GDT's and no PGT's after games when there really was but I just couldn't see them.

Anyway I need to visit this thread more for some ideas on what to watch now to fill some off season hockey time. I've only been watching the TV series Yellowstone and I quite like it but there's only 1 episode left for this season so I need something else to watch.

I have however been watching quite a few YT video's and following a few channels there. I quite like that Banshee Moon YT channel. I've learned how to change the oil on my outboard motor (which I already knew :), about rocket stoves, pressure washers plus other various topics. Did I mention she's also very easy on the eyes as well. :)

Anyone have any interesting YT channels that they follow? Anyway I guess I'll have to go back and read through the old thread for hopefully some ideas of what others have been watching.

Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Can mods please fix the ignore function so that we can still see threads started by posters we have on ignore?

I wonder if the rule was changed along the way.

Here's why:

I don't have many people on IL. I frequently clear the list every once in awhile, so there's barely one or two posters on it at the same time.

So, around last autumn (not too sure of the timming), I had only BaseballCoach on my IL, I was posting a lot in the OT thread, which was around 30+ pages and suddenly the thread dissapeared. So I asked Mods and not a single one of them thought of asking me if I had the OP in my IL. After several attempts with options i thought of the IL, so I purged BC from my IL and poof, the thread reappeared. Thing is, I had been posting there for a few days, the thread was well under way, so I have to assume that before that very moment, OP's weren't hidden even if the poster was on your IL.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Batman trailer was looking good, but the moment when Batman broke the punk’s arm and punched him brutally like 1000 times, I was 100% sold.

Even though it was just a character teaser, Suicide Squad is going to be great thanks to James Gunn. Perfect choice as director.

Maybe it’s the setting or not showing all their cards, but I’m not too excited for Wonder Woman, despite enjoying the first film.

Black Adam finally is a go.

Batman looks good.

Lol is Jeffrey Wright playing Gordon?

Yeah, they announced this a few months back. I think Wright is a great choice. His usual demeanour fits what I typically expect from Gordon.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Never thought of that. I might be missing a lot of threads lol
It happened to me a couple of months ago; I think I started a Music thread cause I couldn't find the active one. I had just put the OP on ignore so the thread was no longer visible. I found out when I got the notice that my post was moved to the right thread. So I removed the ignore flag and saved it for the real pests.:laugh:

Reactions: Runner77 and Deebs

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
zero zero zero: 8/10 very good show

umbrella academy season 2: 7.8/10 good season

Lucifer season 5 part 1 : 7.3/10

the loudest voice: 7.3/10 Russell Crowe is great in it.

upload: 6.8/10 average show

Gangs of London season 1: average show with a lot of blood and above average fight scenes.

Reactions: Deebs and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
zero zero zero: 8/10 very good show

umbrella academy season 2: 7.8/10 good season

Lucifer season 5 part 1 : 7.3/10

the loudest voice: 7.3/10 Russell Crowe is great in it.

upload: 6.8/10 average show

Gangs of London season 1: average show with a lot of blood and above average fight scenes.

Is ZeroZeroZero only available on Amazon Prime? I have enough paying services with Netflix and Crave.

Just remembered what Loudest Voice was about -- it's the Roger Ailes story. That one's on Netflix.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Kingdom is an amazing show.

I'm hooked!!!!

...no girlfriend this week-end so after work= Netflix and Gin

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just noticed that the Power spinoff series Power Book 2: Ghost from Starz is starting up on Sept 6th. The Tariq character annoyed the hell out of me during the original Power series but I'll still give this a shot but I don't have high hopes for this but you never know. Hopefully they bring Tommy back at some point.

Also noticed that season 4 of Fargo will be starting on Sept 27th. I can't remember if I watched season 3 or not so I'll have to look into that before season 4 airs.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I watched Blood Machines. The sound track is f***ing awesome because it's by Carpenter Brut.

Don't go in expecting much coherence in the plot, but the visuals are insane. I actually looked up the production company that did the fx work because it's one of the most visually impressive movies I've seen since Neon Demon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad