OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Goddamit, dude. Now I have two more things to watch. lol Although in the case of Hitchock this is something I would like to own DVD so I'll spare myself for the moment. About Amazing Stories, I loved the original, how has the new series been?
3 out of the first 4 were pretty good.

edit: Make that 4 out of 5. #2 was too hard to make out.

Last edited:

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Started a Breaking Bad re-watch. I forgot how funny the show is. Especially the interactions between Jesse and Walt. Jesse arguing with himself while getting rid of Emilio’s body in the bathtub in season one was hilarious :laugh:

Reactions: DangerDave

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#YedinciKogustakiMucize

Attachment. Compassion. Drama. Suspense. Tragedy. Vengeance.

Death vs Survival. Justice vs Injustice. Truth vs Lie.

A cure as a movie. That's angelic. It made me be an human.

Reactions: groovejuice

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
How's the American Sniper? Is it jingoistic shite like the Green Berets or is it a good one like Black Hawk Down etc?

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Just started TV serie Vikings and enjoying it so far. On episode 3 and Im probably gonna be on a binge fest in the next 5 hours!
:laugh:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Been watching Dead to me on Netflix. I don't know what I got into. Storyline was intriguing but acting is wooden. Too many good looking people on the show it feels like a soap opera cast.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Been watching Dead to me on Netflix. I don't know what I got into. Storyline was intriguing but acting is wooden. Too many good looking people on the show it feels like a soap opera cast.
If you like horror, have you ever watched The haunting of Hill house TV serie. It's surprisingly good and on netflix.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Just binged The Boys. Heard good things about it and it mostly lived to the hype I think. Things can get a bit messy at times script wise, but overall I think it holds up pretty well and I love it just for the unusual angle it takes to the whole superhero genre. I'd give it a 7/10, definitely worth a watch if you haven't already.

And the actress for Starlight... Lord Jesus :rolleyes:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
If you like horror, have you ever watched The haunting of Hill house TV serie. It's surprisingly good and on netflix.

It gets very good reviews as well, hmm my Netflix subscription expired yesterday then I went and got Prime for some Amazon purchases so now I have that for a month.

I noticed that there are a lot of free stuff when it comes to streaming currently. For instance HBO has a lot of free stuff currently, my internet provided Xfinity aka Comcast has a lot of free stuff. Sling TV is partly free.

Also software can be found with reduced prices. We were talking about photos and cameras so I did a search for Photo Shop alternatives and found one called Affinity Photo, it gets very good reviews saying that you can do 95% of what Photoshop can do, the interface is easier to use and it is currently 50% off. So I bought 2 licenses, one for my iPad Pro and one for my Windows Laptop. I paid 35 dollars for that.

Reactions: Holystik

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Just binged The Boys. Heard good things about it and it mostly lived to the hype I think. Things can get a bit messy at times script wise, but overall I think it holds up pretty well and I love it just for the unusual angle it takes to the whole superhero genre. I'd give it a 7/10, definitely worth a watch if you haven't already.

And the actress for Starlight... Lord Jesus :rolleyes:

Is it on Netflix?

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
How's the American Sniper? Is it jingoistic shite like the Green Berets or is it a good one like Black Hawk Down etc?

Somewhere between the two but leaning towards Green Berets.

Black Hawk Down was an exceptionally accurate account. American Sniper is almost exclusively drawn from Kyle's own accounts, many of which have been fiercely challenged. So the movie is more a hero-making piece than anything else.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I had seen something about this being connected to HBO launching a new paying service.

The move by HBO to put such a huge amount of original content in front of the paywall — which it’s promoting with the hashtag #StayHomeBoxOffice — effectively serves as a major sampling strategy ahead of WarnerMedia’s scheduled launch of HBO Max in May. HBO Max will include everything on HBO, plus a host of originals, library titles and licensed content — for the same $14.99 monthly price.

All of the programming will be available to stream without a subscription starting April 3 by downloading the HBO Now or HBO Go apps (or by visiting hbonow.com or hbogo.com), but only in the United States. :rolleyes:

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I had seen something about this being connected to HBO launching a new paying service.

The move by HBO to put such a huge amount of original content in front of the paywall — which it’s promoting with the hashtag #StayHomeBoxOffice — effectively serves as a major sampling strategy ahead of WarnerMedia’s scheduled launch of HBO Max in May. HBO Max will include everything on HBO, plus a host of originals, library titles and licensed content — for the same $14.99 monthly price.

All of the programming will be available to stream without a subscription starting April 3 by downloading the HBO Now or HBO Go apps (or by visiting hbonow.com or hbogo.com), but only in the United States. :rolleyes:

:shakehead

Reactions: Runner77

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Watched Midway(2020)

From the reviews it seemed like the worst movie and it bombed hard at the box office but I must say I liked it. Lead actor was Francis from Deadpool and this Brit kid wasn't bad at all. I'm usually critical of period pieces because it always comes off as fake to me and sure there were clunky elements as far as dialogue but the actors were convincing enough to save it. But what made the film is that the money is on screen. For a studio I never heard of, it seemed like a lot of money was put into this and the areal battles were great. The director is Roland "Independance Day" Emerich and it clearly is his strength. Finally It has a lot of valor and courage and the whole thing put together made it a satisfying viewing experience. It's not the greatest movie but I would even have taken another hour more. I think sometime, a good return to the basics and simple storytelling just works. I had a similar experience with The Irishman. Nothing groundbreaking but it just tells a good solid story. The real find was the best friend of Francis, another soldier like him. I don't know who this actor is but I'm interested in what he's gonna do next.

Reactions: Redux91

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

AOPZ9Ie.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad