OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The call of the wild. Outstanding movie, and a memorable CGI dog. They really did a masterful job on him and all the other animals.. A must watch in these dire times.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Better call Saul?
I enjoyed the Black List for while.
Unbelievable, which is a limited series on Netflix.

I'm liking Better Call Saul, great recommendation.
I am trying to get through Homeland, last season. Showing on Crave.
Not familiar with Black List and Unbelievable.

Reactions: sandviper

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I watched most of the first season of Transparent. Jeffrey Tambor is very good in the titular role. His children are hard to take, not well suited to a binge watch. I likely won’t stick with it.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
So I started watching Tiger King, 2 episodes in.

I don’t like anyone in it
except Shaq
Do I keep watching?
I finished it, there is so much crazy stuff yet it isn’t that captivating... Haven’t put my finger might it because we don’t care about any of these people or how the story is unfolded...

Megaforce

Ozark.keeps getting better and better. It’s got it all. Especially antiheroes you can truly care about. Amazing acting.

Ozark needs to borrow a scriptwriter from The Sopranos. Way too many unbelievable blackmail deals presented with brazen confidence (same writer as that ridiculous House of Cards) Some supercomplicated criminal acts are pulled off with great ease, no display of the complex logistics that plague such enterprises. The beard guy story went on far too long... and the body count wasn't nearly as high enough. Bodies gotta drop.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The call of the wild. Outstanding movie, and a memorable CGI dog. They really did a masterful job on him and all the other animals.. A must watch in these dire times.
Outstanding? Really? I don't recall a movie I wanted to watch less than this one.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Sounds like me. My afternoon daily Alfred Hitchcock mystery just finished. Joanne Woodward was in it. Lots of famous actors got their debut on his show. Next up, Amazing stories, then BCS.

Goddamit, dude. Now I have two more things to watch. lol Although in the case of Hitchock this is something I would like to own DVD so I'll spare myself for the moment. About Amazing Stories, I loved the original, how has the new series been?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I just watched Once upon a time in Hollywood and honestly, my favourite part of the movie was when the pit bull tore those two hippies apart. 2 plus hours of nothing but don’t mind me, I am not a movie critic by any means.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I'm liking Better Call Saul, great recommendation.
I am trying to get through Homeland, last season. Showing on Crave.
Not familiar with Black List and Unbelievable.

Same here with Homeland. Just watched the first episode of the final season. Hopefully will be able to binge the next 6 or so this weekend.

The Blacklist was a really great show first few seasons. It’s gotten pretty stale but there’s a couple good episodes here and there.

Currently watching 6 Underground on and off. It’s entertaining enough but at the same time I find myself quite bored.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I got conned into watching the new Bad Boys... holy christ was that terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad