OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Tried watching Capone with Tom Hardy in it...not sure if it's just me but man was it bad. Couldn't even get through half of it.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
The Last Kingdom..... brilliant show. Loved it

Bloodline. Great S1.... S2 is bad....S3 is trash...

B99 S7... just avg...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Tried watching Capone with Tom Hardy in it...not sure if it's just me but man was it bad. Couldn't even get through half of it.

Holy shit thats right lol i remember they had announced this and i was looking forward to it...

Now you're telling me not only is it already out, nobody heard a god damn thing about it...AND its bad lmao, damn

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can someone provide a fresh new review on Into the Badlands? I saw S1 and liked it. I watched one or two episodes of S2 and somehow didn't go back to it.

What did I miss?

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
Hardy is great in Peaky Blinders, I just finished season 5 and am now finally up to date after being late to the party.

First two seasons were amazing, Sam Neill stole the show with his incredible performance. 3-4 had some good moments but were not as strong. Adrien Brody's Italian-American gangster went from Emmy-quality work to absolute ham and back again multiple times lol.

Season 5 was however a strong return to form, liked it alot. The show, besides being very stylish, relies alot on the supreme charisma of Cillian Murphy and a superb main cast. That said, the fragmented storytelling style which sometimes neither shows or tells isn't always succesful. Season 4 is a good example where the overarching plot is tied up in the last episode in a way that does not feel earned at all.

Every season is six one-hour episodes, well worth a watch.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Hardy is great in Peaky Blinders, I just finished season 5 and am now finally up to date after being late to the party.

First two seasons were amazing, Sam Neill stole the show with his incredible performance. 3-4 had some good moments but were not as strong. Adrien Brody's Italian-American gangster went from Emmy-quality work to absolute ham and back again multiple times lol.

Season 5 was however a strong return to form, liked it alot. The show, besides being very stylish, relies alot on the supreme charisma of Cillian Murphy and a superb main cast. That said, the fragmented storytelling style which sometimes neither shows or tells isn't always succesful. Season 4 is a good example where the overarching plot is tied up in the last episode in a way that does not feel earned at all.

I fell asleep somewhere around season one

Maybe I've just seen too many of these mobster movies and shows, it becomes stale after awhile if you're not fully into the genre, irrespective of the specific production.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I love to be corrected! :laugh:

I hear ya:)

giphy.gif

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Now, immediately go watch Taboo, the show Hardy created and stars in
Its amazing. Cant wait for season 2

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Adam Sandler has got to be THE worst "actor" to ever live. He has an uncanny ability to ham up anything he's in to the point it stops being watchable. Tried watching uncut gems, excruciating bad acting. Stopped 20 minutes in.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Adam Sandler has got to be THE worst "actor" to ever live. He has an uncanny ability to ham up anything he's in to the point it stops being watchable. Tried watching uncut gems, excruciating bad acting. Stopped 20 minutes in.

Ok, Sandler is bad, but have you seen The Room?

There's already someone else who's the worst and he's also worst director to boot

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Now, immediately go watch Taboo, the show Hardy created and stars in
Its amazing. Cant wait for season 2
I enjoyed it but I also thought it was a little bit messy. Solid watch for sure. Did they start shooting before all this Covid19 stuff happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad