OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Got into Ozark recently. Pretty good show if you can forgive and/or tolerate the minor potholes that occur somewhat regularly. Feels inspired by Breaking Bad, but it's also pretty obvious that the final product isn't nearly as refined, no pun intended.

Midway through the second season, I really like the fact that Wendy is portrayed as a smart and resourceful character as opposed to Skyler in Breaking Bad who was simply insufferable.

But that teenage daughter in Ozark is just so damn irritating. Which I guess is a good portrayal of how the modern teenage/instagram daughter would behave given the circumstances, but God damn. I hate her with a passion. Everything she does pisses me off.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Got into Ozark recently. Pretty good show if you can forgive and/or tolerate the minor potholes that occur somewhat regularly. Feels inspired by Breaking Bad, but it's also pretty obvious that the final product isn't nearly as refined, no pun intended.

Midway through the second season, I really like the fact that Wendy is portrayed as a smart and resourceful character as opposed to Skyler in Breaking Bad who was simply insufferable.

But that teenage daughter in Ozark is just so damn irritating. Which I guess is a good portrayal of how the modern teenage/instagram daughter would behave given the circumstances, but God damn. I hate her with a passion. Everything she does pisses me off.

Charlotte

I guess the producers caught on to that fact as she's much tamer in season 3.

Insufferable is simply the best word to describe Skyler. I always thought she was badly written from season 3 onwards.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
WTF, Netflix has rebooted Snowpiercer as a series, already?

@overlords
And a Jeffrey Epstein documentary. I wonder how much whitewashing there'll be, pretty sure there won't be any mentions of his links to Mayer Lansky's network or his links to the mossad and mega-group and how they were using one of the oldest mafia/cia political blackmail tricks in the states, honey trap recordings.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I was never able to watch that show cause I can’t stand Andy Samberg. He’s got this “look at how funny I am” attitude going that reminds me he’s trying too hard to be funny. Only thing I liked him in was the box spoof he did with Timberlake. He’s better suited for skits and sketch comedy, I don’t think I can take hours of him in a role.

I feel the same about Will Smith. Everything he does always comes across as “look at me, I’m acting lol”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim Wallach

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
WTF, Netflix has rebooted Snowpiercer as a series, already?

@overlords
And a Jeffrey Epstein documentary. I wonder how much whitewashing there'll be, pretty sure there won't be any mentions of his links to Mayer Lansky's network or his links to the mossad and mega-group and how they were using one of the oldest mafia/cia political blackmail tricks in the states, honey trap recordings.
It's unfortunate that Epstein committed suicide, who am I kidding, the man was a sex trafficker to the powerful twisted people of this world, no wonder that he was depressed and needed to end it all lol.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I was never able to watch that show cause I can’t stand Andy Samberg. He’s got this “look at how funny I am” attitude going that reminds me he’s trying too hard to be funny. Only thing I liked him in was the box spoof he did with Timberlake. He’s better suited for skits and sketch comedy, I don’t think I can take hours of him in a role.

I feel the same about Will Smith. Everything he does always comes across as “look at me, I’m acting lol”.

That’s too bad, it’s a great show with plenty of solid characters.

On another note did you ever watch Band of Brothers?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#OnceUponATimeInTheWest

Once upon a time when I got familiar to the western.

The American West territories. Urbanization under development.

Long silence dialogues (which is short for me).

The symbol around the harmonica. That's the mystery to solve.

Cowboys helping and betraying each other. Their only loyal friend is their gun.

There's only the law of the strongest is taken seriously.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
#OnceUponATimeInTheWest

Good call bud, its all about the harmonica and the backstory, that whole thing is epic right down to the actual gun draw between Frank and Harmonica

ive always wondered hypothetically who was the fastest between the Man with no Name and Harmonica, they both have scenes in their respective films where they take out 3 guys in one draw, but Sergio films it so f***ing amazing its to the point of realism everytime

If you like Westerns a bit Ahmed I painstakingly watched hundreds to weed out the very best lol
- Dollars Trilogy obviously (Clint eastwood)
- One upon a time in the west
- The Man who shot Liberty Valance (if you want to see john wayne at his best)
- Winchester '79 (personal favorite, with James Stewart)
- High Noon (Not crazy about Gary Cooper but you just feel for his character so bad,, + Cooper vs the bandit crew at the end is seriously great filming)
- 3:10 to Yuma (2007 version) yeah i said it, it was THAT good, Crowe is beyond cool and Bale humanizes the rancher role beautifully

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Good call bud, its all about the harmonica and the backstory, that whole thing is epic right down to the actual gun draw between Frank and Harmonica

ive always wondered hypothetically who was the fastest between the Man with no Name and Harmonica, they both have scenes in their respective films where they take out 3 guys in one draw, but Sergio films it so f***ing amazing its to the point of realism everytime

If you like Westerns a bit Ahmed I painstakingly watched hundreds to weed out the very best lol
- High Noon
- 3:10 to Yuma (2007 version) yeah i said it, it was THAT good, Crowe is beyond cool and Bale humanizes the rancher role beautifully
Brokeback Mountain?

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
#OnceUponATimeInTheWest

My favorite Western. Great opening scene. The brilliance of Ennio Morricone...

Chili

Jun 10, 2004

- High Noon
Good list.

Worth checking out the original Stagecoach (the movie that made John Wayne a star) or most of the John Ford Westerns.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Good list.

Worth checking out the original Stagecoach (the movie that made John Wayne a star) or most of the John Ford Westerns.

Good job on your new avatar. The old one was giving me the creeps. :eek:

I like those old westerns. I sometimes catch them on the Turner network.

Reactions: Chili

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad